+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree694Likes

Thread: Sister Wives

Re: Sister Wives

Quote Originally Posted by gadmus126 View Post
    In the last episode of the last season all the wives wrote a check where was Kodys check and it should have been more than the wives. I seriously can not stand him and happy to hear Janelles daughter doesn't want to be part of that life style.
    What do you mean "where's kody's check?!" Those women are just lucky to have and share that incredible man--why should he bring anything to the table?

Oh, gosh, sorry--I just vomitted in my mouth a little...
    mom2, AmyKay and AZChristian like this.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by gadmus126 View Post
    In the last episode of the last season all the wives wrote a check where was Kodys check and it should have been more than the wives.
    I would imagine that like in many families, the husband's money goes into the communal pot and is used for whatever expenses need to be paid for. So, to be fair to Kody, it very possibly could be, that except for his 'pocket money' - he too divvies up all of his earnings between the wives, and then they all "pay" the bills. So that would explain why he didn't write a check in addition to the wives' checks.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    that except for his 'pocket money'
    Those must be some magical pockets, if he can afford a brand new convertible with 4 wives, 17 kids, and no apparent job.

Okay. I was able to get their site this time. Before it said the page was not available. I guess they paid their bill and it's back up. lol
    Realitychick likes this.

Sister Wives

I wonder if other polygamous families have financial issues? Economically, it has to be a recipe for disaster - on paper, you have a bunch of single moms with lots of kids. I realize not everyone has the same spending habits but how does one man make enough money to effectively contribute to 3 or 4 families? I support their personal choices but financially, it's nuts, even if you can manage to all live in the same house.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

In many of the places like Colorado City, etc., the welfare rate is high. Many of these families - while insisting on "religious freedom" - will "work" the government systems with food stamps, AFDC, free health care, etc. IMHO, if you choose a lifestyle that increases your expenses, YOU need to be the one to support it.

I recall the way the Hendricksons on HBO's Big Love handled it. Oldest sister wife worked in education, second one stayed at home with kids, third one stayed at home to have babies, but then started selling products on a home shopping channel to supplement income. Husband owned a chain of home improvement stores in Utah, similar to Lowe's. He made a good income, but money was always an issue and they had to budget big time.

It was a fictional story, but based on research of polygamous in Utah. Tom Hanks was the executive producer of that show. Did you know he once lived in Utah. I'm not sure if they were Mormons at that time.
    Shoepie likes this.

Sorry for errors in post above, but the site will not allow me to edit to correct it. Odd things happening on site. I posted above it on Help thread.

I don't get the need for the houses at all. Why can't they just live in the houses they lived in last season? As somebody pointed out, they weren't all in the same big house, so what is the difference? Those houses did not look to be that far away from one another, and they don't seem to get along all that great anyhow (the wives anyway). I don't get the big rush to build huge houses close together for each family. Is it all for a storyline? Boring!

I've never trusted or quite liked Robin, and like others have said, I can't quite say why.

Kody is scum.
    Shoepie and AZChristian like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by lilymax View Post
    I don't get the need for the houses at all. Why can't they just live in the houses they lived in last season? As somebody pointed out, they weren't all in the same big house, so what is the difference? Those houses did not look to be that far away from one another, and they don't seem to get along all that great anyhow (the wives anyway). I don't get the big rush to build huge houses close together for each family. Is it all for a storyline? Boring!

I've never trusted or quite liked Robin, and like others have said, I can't quite say why.

Kody is scum.
    I agree and posted the same back up this thread. The only thing it solves is Kody not having to drive to the seperate houses. Now he gets to walk but it solves nothing as far as their need to live all together. That is what they have been whining about all season.
    Last edited by Shoepie; 11-24-2012 at 11:59 AM.

+ Reply to Thread