+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree689Likes

Thread: Sister Wives

FORT Fogey

Re: Sister Wives

Thanks Mindy. The money situation in this family will never make sense because we will never know what strings are pulled and who is getting paid off.

Moving on.

4 seperate houses is not going to solve their issue of not being all together. Kody still has to visit each house, Meri is still seperate for the other kids unless she goes to everyone's house on a daily basis. Why not one huge house, since money does not seem to be an issue!

When Kody opened his gift of a laptop one comment was, now I will have to go to work! What? He doesn't work? Where does he go all day? They talk about him coming home at night and wishing they all lived together so he could see everyone.

I became interested in this show late in the game but knew what was going on by reading here and catching things here and there.

What does Meri do for work? I know Christine, at one point, was the stay at home mom person but how does that work now?

Their employment status is a mystery. Last season, Kody mentioned he had a job, but no details. Not sure if that is still going on.

In this new episode, Robyn said she was working, but I don't know where or at what.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I think that her "job" is creating ugy, expensive jewelry for their web-based business. His job is spending money and pretending to look like he cares about what half of his wives think.
    Shoepie likes this.

FORT Fogey

Thanks. Ah yes those sister wife rings. They should fly off the shelves.
    AZChristian likes this.

The long awaited Christmas tree ornament is now available at their website too. Oh boy! Get those credit cards ready...

I noticed that the tree ornament was designed by Christine, it looks like all the fug jewelry was contributed by Robin.
    Who in their right mind is going to buy their jewelry?
    AZChristian likes this.

The one necklace with the hands looks like something from The Nightmare Before Christmas. None of the stuff is unique, and none of it is all that appealing, IMHO. I also find it odd that the ornament says Happy Holidays instead of Merry Christmas.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    According to info on the web, they have NEVER been afloat. There's a history of bankruptcies for the 3 original wives and Robyn as well. These folks have no practical concept of how much it costs to buy things, because they buy them on credit and then walk away from the debts. The bankruptcy filings detail how much consumer debt they were all carrying. And Robyn left her first marriage with a $1,000 credit debt owed to Victoria's Secret.

The fact that they are planning on building 4 huge houses doesn't surprise me. They (mostly Kody) seem to feel "entitled" to these things because they're so special. If they were practical, Meri would recognize that she doesn't NEED a big house with a pool. I think they're nice enough people, but I'm nice, too - but I know that I need to be able to PAY for things that I commit myself to buying.
    In case you haven't shopped there in recent years, it's not at all hard to rack up 1K in underwear debt at VS - it's pretty easy. And, she could have been using lingerie appeal in her failing marriage.

Janelle is the money maker in the family with 3 viable businesses, all of which have websites (and all of which existed before the show did). Cody's "consultant" business is harder to get a bead on. I don't even want to THINK about the legal complications of their holding land together, much less developed land. I'm sure it's a challenge they've learned to face and that they know way more about it than I do.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

How did you get onto the Wives' website to order anything? It didn't come up for me.

It just came up okay for me.

In the last episode of the last season all the wives wrote a check where was Kodys check and it should have been more than the wives. I seriously can not stand him and happy to hear Janelles daughter doesn't want to be part of that life style.
    momrek06 and AZChristian like this.

+ Reply to Thread