+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 172 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161111 ... LastLast
Like Tree651Likes

Thread: Sister Wives

Re: Sister Wives

Quote Originally Posted by PIMguy;4076316;
    Kody's a dog, end of story. He can wrap it up in religion all he wants, but the facts are clear. He wants to act like a single man, with the rewards and benefits that come with being married and having kids. He likes driving around in his Lexus coupe like he's a stud. He wants to court numerous women (which means he wants to date women who are not his wife, for those of you who can't crack the code). He wants the ability to upgrade to a newer model without suffering the guilt of leaving his wife and kids. My read on what he says and the look on his face is that he enjoys the idea of numerous women "wanting" him and loving him, and deep down he enjoys the jealousy and anger that the women feel. What man who truly loves a woman can say "sure she'll be hurt and upset about my new love interest but, hey, get over it. This is what I want?" What man who truly loves a woman can watch her cry because he has professed his love for another woman, and still go through with the new relationship? Of course he uses religious justification words like testimony and witness, but it all boils down to what Kody wants. And Kody wants women!
    Amen to that!!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Isn't there a limit to how many wives these guys can have. At least in the Muslin religion men are limited to 4 wives if they can afford them. In America it seems that the number of wives is unlimited. How fair is that to the women and their children?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Kody's a dog, end of story. He can wrap it up in religion all he wants, but the facts are clear. He wants to act like a single man, with the rewards and benefits that come with being married and having kids. He likes driving around in his Lexus coupe like he's a stud. He wants to court numerous women (which means he wants to date women who are not his wife, for those of you who can't crack the code). He wants the ability to upgrade to a newer model without suffering the guilt of leaving his wife and kids. My read on what he says and the look on his face is that he enjoys the idea of numerous women "wanting" him and loving him, and deep down he enjoys the jealousy and anger that the women feel. What man who truly loves a woman can say "sure she'll be hurt and upset about my new love interest but, hey, get over it. This is what I want?" What man who truly loves a woman can watch her cry because he has professed his love for another woman, and still go through with the new relationship? Of course he uses religious justification words like testimony and witness, but it all boils down to what Kody wants. And Kody wants women!

exactly how I feel!!! he so grosses me out, yuck!

oh btw, I LOVED the string as an engagement ring...that's probably all he could afford...

most men are dogs...lol...the only difference here and its big IMO...is he takes responsibility for his kids..unlike most dogs who make babies with women then walk out on them for the newer model..when they forget the old wife they usually forget the old kids...
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by canuckinchile;4076192;
    Just catching the end of this show. So, does this guy just keep getting newer, younger wives? Is that how this whole thing works? It kind of skeeves me out.
    That's what it seems like to me. But I sort of assumed that was how they all did it because that seems to be what Bill does on Big Love, too.

Quote Originally Posted by its_glinda_now;4076581;
    That's what it seems like to me. But I sort of assumed that was how they all did it because that seems to be what Bill does on Big Love, too.
    well his new wife is 30....at least he is leaving the really young girls alone unlike most men who live this lifestyle
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery;4076648;
    well his new wife is 30....at least he is leaving the really young girls alone unlike most men who live this lifestyle
    But he could be working his way down in age!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I've only seen one episode and like a few others here was tempted to switch off about ten minutes in.

I don't claim to understand the lifestyle these women have chosen, but I do think they seem to have amde it work pretty well for them and their children. Even though she chose to live this way, I do still feel for Meri. She clearly has some insecurity about the set up and I couldn't help but feel for ehr even though she is in a situation of her own choosing.
    The only person I really didn't like was Kody. What a smug git he is. Talk about the cat that got the cream.
    There seems to be no productive reason to bring anotehr wife (and her children) into the "marriage". The reason is purely because Kody's got a hankering for a new wife.
    That seems utterly selfish to me. I was repulsed by him.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I've decided what really grosses me out about this arrangement is the thought of the mixture of all of the body fluids. The one wife said that they weren't into anything "weird" but, obviously when you think about the body fluids, they've all had sex with each other.

And how must it feel to know that you are not enough for your husband. He tells them that everytime he decides to take another wife. That first wife has been through hell, because she has been told that time and time and time again. I don't understand why that is OK with these women. He's, basically, saying "I don't value you enough and will find another woman, and you will accept that." Actions speak louder than words, Kody. I'd rather be by myself that with a man who thinks this little of me.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread