+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree689Likes

Thread: Sister Wives

Re: Sister Wives

Because I am a gluton for punishment, I had to go back and rewatch a couple of scenes from the show last night.
    Three things that struck me as being extremely odd:

1) When Maddie was sitting on the couch w/ Janelle & Kody talking about this plyg lifestyle wasn't for her. Kody was turned sideways facing Maddie giving her the death stare. I noticed that Maddie seemed to cringe a little bit & shift away from him while he was glaring at her, even Janelle got a weird look on her face.
    I bet the convo amongst those 3 after the camera stopped rolling was quite heated. There is no way that Kody will be okay with her not following the plyg lifestyle just judging by his reaction.

2) When Sister Nanny was shown at Robyn's house. The Kodster's eyes lit up like a kid looking at a Christmas tree when she came bouncing into the room. I wish I knew how to make a screen capture of the look on his face, his beady eyes practically popped out of his head. What a pig! He definitely has intentions of making her wife #5.

3) Kody and Meri go to Mariah's honor society ceremony, and Kody is shown carrying two gigantic vials of green water crap as they head out to the car. WTH?

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I bet it was the stuff they "sell" . . . nice free product placement.

And if they're selling all of this diet/detox stuff, shouldn't every woman in the family look slimmer and healthier? The women and girls are appearing to gain a lot of weight. NOT good advertising.

Are the sister wives the ones buying the houses? Will Kody's name be on the homes? Does anyone know?
    There's no place like home!

I don't know about how it works in Nevada but technically all those women except Meri are single mothers and that would open a lot of doors for various forms of public assistance, loan programs through non-profits, etc. Though even with those loan programs they would still have issues with the whole not working thing as well as the bad credit thing. But the kids (at least where I am) would likely be covered by a state insurance programs.

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos View Post
    I don't know about how it works in Nevada but technically all those women except Meri are single mothers and that would open a lot of doors for various forms of public assistance, loan programs through non-profits, etc. Though even with those loan programs they would still have issues with the whole not working thing as well as the bad credit thing. But the kids (at least where I am) would likely be covered by a state insurance programs.
    They probably state that they are 'reality tv stars' and that is where their income is coming from. Just a guess.
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    Are the sister wives the ones buying the houses? Will Kody's name be on the homes? Does anyone know?
    When the realtor was handing them their letters of approval, she gave the first to "Kody and Meri." The others were given to each woman, without any mention of Kody's name.

I am guessing because he is legally married to Meri so there app would be a joint one.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    When the realtor was handing them their letters of approval, she gave the first to "Kody and Meri." The others were given to each woman, without any mention of Kody's name.
    Did you hear Robyn announce herself as Robyn SULLIVAN when she went into the meeting with the mortgage lady at the beginning of the episode? Not BROWN. Hmm.
    AZChristian and Debb70 like this.
    KAREN

Unless she had her named legally changed to Brown, that is her legal name. She and Kodi are not legally married. But it was quite noticeable.

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos View Post
    I don't have a Broker's License in Nevada so I'm not as familiar with their programs, REC (Real Estate Commission), etc... but I certainly know how le banks work and this is kind of crazy!!

1- No one gets ANY loan without a 620 credit score and income (preferably 3 yrs worth from the same job). One major exception lenders can sometimes make is kids coming out of college who get jobs in their specific field since they obviously don't have job history but have made it into a field that requires a specific type of education/license/specialization/etc... But even here they generally prefer to put them in a conventional loan that is "in-house" as the government loans (FHA/USDA) are very strict and, while still possible, very difficult. Underwriters don't like gaps in jobs and the debt to income ratio must meet very specific guidelines--NO EXCEPTIONS, even for folks with huge downpayments.

2- Assistance programs: They are out there and usually funded at the state level...most involve down payment help and combine education with eventual funding in some manner. There are some programs that will actually "fund" the entire loan but they are difficult to even 'qualify' for and very complicated. Every program I have seen still required the applicant to meet specific credit standards and have consistent income. Also, these programs (like fha/usda loans) are capped at specific income levels or house prices (or both)--so HOUSEHOLDS that earn over the threshold can't take advantage of many government backed loans or programs.

3-Credit Repair. NO WAY IN HELL Robyn's credit was fixed in one week. NO WAY. Again, for the record, NO WAY! Write that down and stamp it because its the truth. I don't even know if President Obama could get his credit repaired in a week if he was in trouble...seriously! Buyers can hire credit repair companies (and many of them work) but they take, at the bare minimum, MONTHS to even address one small issue...and most credit repair programs actually start at 6 months as the base timeframe (many lenders are now offering them as a service to eventually earn a client's loan business when they are able to qualify). The credit bureaus can't even remove an "infraction" immediately because they are simply a company working on behalf of other companies...they can't just wipe away debts with a magic wand because your debt arbitrator or attorney asked nicely. Also, I haven't seen one instance where the bureau didn't take advantage of their LEGAL 30 day time period to even respond to an inquiry or complaint, much less do it in a week! Finally, even if Robyn settled all the balances to "0" that just shrinks a small portion of the blemish, you still have to build your credit...in other words, having something removed on your credit report doesn't automatically mean it will jump up a 100 points, it just means it won't keep bringing it down.

Obviously the individual wives are not applying with Kody and file their taxes separately (this is where the mortgage officer and underwriters verify the income and job history and break it down into a monthly scenario)...AND NOW they should have significant income from the money tree, I mean TLC, and that must be what they are using to qualify. My best guess is they are putting down a substantial sum of money on each home (at least 20%) to help the underwriters 'feel more at ease' and avoid mortgage insurance. It also sounds like they might be doing construction to perm loans which are somewhat out of 'style' where I am but may very well still be common in Nevada. Whatever the case may be, they are looking at a huge chunck of money down and, if it's a con to perm loan, immediate payments (interest only during construction but they are building 4 giant houses). As for Robyn, TLC probably hired the attorney and debt service months ago for the entire family to ensure they got the loans as this huge change would benefit their show...otherwise no loan for Robyn.
    Last edited by mindy384; 11-20-2012 at 12:21 AM.
    Shoepie likes this.

+ Reply to Thread