+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree650Likes

Thread: Sister Wives

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: Sister Wives

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I thought that Christina was either trying to take some pressure off of Robyn, by bringing up her small credit problems OR she was saying that as a dig against Robyn. I'm not sure which one it was.

I'm not sure that credit issues disappear so quickly, but hey, they seem to have some magic behind the scenes. I wish I knew exactly what kind of money they were talking about. Is each house and lot going to cost around $120,000.00 or closer to $350,000.00? Are there house payments going to be around $800.00 per month or $3000.00? Just curious.

Did anyone notice when Robyn instroduced her little sister who is staying with her while Robyn works? You know the first thing I thought. Wife #5? lol
    From the size of those McMansions, I'm thinking closer to the larger numbers on cost of the houses and mortgage payments. And I do know there are credit counseling companies that help settle past-due debts, but it's a bad example to teach people (viewers) that they can just have someone wave a magic wand over their bills and get them written off and taken off the credit report. It feels like governmental spending, "We don't have to pay anything off . . . let's just raise the debt ceiling!"

I hadn't thought about little sister as next sister wife. Yikes!!!!

And for some reason, after watching tonight's show (Kody's dismissal of Christina's feelings, his pressuring Meri to push forward to present him with yet another child, his new chick-magnet car), Kody is starting to enter Kate Gosselin mentality territory for me. His attitude is becoming, "I deserve everything I want just because I'm MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

I am not a follower of this show but RHWA was a borefest so I clicked on this. Sorry debt especially credit card debt, doesn't magically go away just because you are a nice person who was in a tough situation. Trust me it doesn't disappear from your credit report either. Just like that...you automatically qualify for a huge mortgage for a huge home with no income. How does THAT happen?

I also thought we just met sister wife #5. Won't be watching another episode to find out. I would rather watch dry paint dry again.
    AZChristian likes this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

When Kody and Meri's daughter, Mariah, was stressing how important it was for Meri to have another baby, I couldn't help but think how odd that was. This girl is in high school and college bound. She won't even be living in the same state with her mom. Why in the world would a new baby be so important. It's like it's her that can't have a child, not her mom. Why couldn't Meri just explan to her that it's a big deal. At her age, to take on an infant is huge! Why did Meri just sit there like she had no response. There are many factors to consider. I found that really odd. Of course, none of the factors matter to Kody, because doesn't care about reality, but to most thinking people, who are not spring chickens and who have extreme financial hardship, factors do matter. OH, do they even have health insurance?

Kody if he has a real job(?) might have Meri and Mariah covered under his health insurance since she is the legal wife. Infertility treatments are NOT cheap, and a lot of it isn't even covered by insurance anyway. Meri & Kody make it sound like they have gone down this road before with all the testing & treatments. If that's true, I doubt that insurance would pay for any of it this time around. How are they going to pay for all this while trying to qualify for the McMansions of their dreams? Is TLC going to foot the bill for IVF and other medical expenses for Meri ?

Originally Posted by Debb70
    Did anyone notice when Robyn instroduced her little sister who is staying with her while Robyn works? You know the first thing I thought. Wife #5? lol
    Haha! I thought the exact same thing!! The sister nanny is blond like several of the sister wives, so she would be right up ole Kodster's alley. I smell wedding plans in the making !! That girl should run like the wind while she has the chance.

Why does Robin need a nanny to help out with the kids while she works anyway? Why can't the other sister wives help out with her kiddos when she is supposedly "working". Also, who is footing the bill for the sister nanny? Robin has no income to speak of, so perhaps TLC is cutting her a check also. I can't imagine that sister nanny is doing this out of the goodness of her heart for zero payment. She appeared on screen tonight so wouldn't TLC have to pay her something for appearing in this reality show trainwreck?
    Debb70 likes this.

Can we get ONE just ONE episode where NO ONE IS CRYING????

Sheesh, since the first season, crying crying crying over and over again.

I went to check out their Sister Wife's Closet but the site is not working. Here is their FB page.

My Sisterwife's Closet | Facebook (Posters are stating on their FB page that the site is down.)

Why isn't Kody driving a 15 passenger van? I think its selfish that every car he has owned since the show started appears to hold a very minimum number of people. AND its ALWAYS a very FLASHY car.

And ITA/Debb, the minute I saw Robyn's sister I immediately thought wife #5. LOL.
    KAREN

The Sister Wive's Closet is down. I wonder why. Here's the one for the Brown Family. Isn't that one of the photos taken for the SisterWife site?
    Kody Brown Family |

I have an idea. You know how the Roloff's have a new series about buying the land next door to them and starting a wedding venue business? (LIttle People, Big World.) Brainstorm..... Move the Browns to that big old farm and let them run the wedding business! They could live on the compound, I mean farm, and take care of all the wedding stuff, flowers, rings, etc. They LOVE that kind of thing. Kody can perform the ceremony with a quick certificate from an online minister licensing site. The kids can milk cows, raise pigs and chickens, etc. They could use the marketing genius of Matt Roloff. Yes, I'm kidding, but you know.............

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

And we could all watch Amy tear her hair out as she tries to handle Matt AND Kody.
    momrek06, Imperfect1 and Debb70 like this.

This show is such a trainwreck. I don't understand why Janelle is still in it. She seems out of all the wives to be the most logical.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

I can tell you home values in Vegas are not as high as everyone thinks. My DH has a rental home he purchased in Vegas. It was a short sale He purchased a 4 bedrooms for $150k. The original owner purchased it for a lot more.
    Debb70 likes this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    The Sister Wive's Closet is down. I wonder why. Here's the one for the Brown Family. Isn't that one of the photos taken for the SisterWife site?
    Kody Brown Family |

I have an idea. You know how the Roloff's have a new series about buying the land next door to them and starting a wedding venue business? (LIttle People, Big World.) Brainstorm..... Move the Browns to that big old farm and let them run the wedding business! They could live on the compound, I mean farm, and take care of all the wedding stuff, flowers, rings, etc. They LOVE that kind of thing. Kody can perform the ceremony with a quick certificate from an online minister licensing site. The kids can milk cows, raise pigs and chickens, etc. They could use the marketing genius of Matt Roloff. Yes, I'm kidding, but you know.............
    Debb, LOL LOL LOL!!!!!!!!
    KAREN

+ Reply to Thread