+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree694Likes

Thread: Sister Wives

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: Sister Wives

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Thanks for that post about the book. I do intend to read it.

I think the person who wrote the review may be right on target. I get the same impression from Robyn. I can't put my finger on it, but there is something I don't trust about her. She comes off as very sincere and says all the right things, but it just doesn't feel right. Does that make any sense?
    I've felt and said that about her from the very beginning. I read somewhere that when she and her first husband divorced, there was a bankruptcy and one of the things on the bankruptcy report was a balance owing of over $1,000 on a Victoria's Secret credit card. Yep, beige on the outside, but a lot of hidden fire. LOL.
    ness likes this.

FORT Fogey

Thanks for that post about the book. I do intend to read it.

I think the person who wrote the review may be right on target. I get the same impression from Robyn. I can't put my finger on it, but there is something I don't trust about her. She comes off as very sincere and says all the right things, but it just doesn't feel right. Does that make any sense?
    Yes, totally. I have not watched this show much at all but I got that impression from very little exposure I have had. It hits you in the face, really.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

They're baaaaack! New Sister Wives season starts a week from Sunday, November 18th, on TLC! And it looks like it's going to be a doozy!!! There's trouble in paradise in the Brown family, and I hope that it ends well, but it seems like they are really struggling right now.
    momrek06 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    They're baaaaack! New Sister Wives season starts a week from Sunday, November 18th, on TLC! And it looks like it's going to be a doozy!!! There's trouble in paradise in the Brown family, and I hope that it ends well, but it seems like they are really struggling right now.
    I saw the preview too. I wonder what they are living on. They must be stretching that TLC paycheck pretty far.
    momrek06 likes this.

I saw the preview too. I wonder what they are living on. They must be stretching that TLC paycheck pretty far.
    Can you imagine paying monthly payments on four mortgages while in their financial situation?

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox View Post
    Can you imagine paying monthly payments on four mortgages while in their financial situation?
    I know! I can't imagine how they can afford four mortgages! I've always wondered if it wouldn't be cheaper (in the long run) for them to just take one very large house and add to it, to give them the amount of space they need. Although now, after seeing the previews and after having read their book (which was excellent, by the way), I think they probably wouldn't do well living all together in one house, because of the amount of conflict between several of the wives -- and their differing lifestyles. I'm really rooting for them though, and hope things will work out well for them all. Looking forward to this season!!!!

I still think that buying a piece of land and putting 4 mobile homes on it would be cheaper. I realize that may not be in keeping of their high standard of living, but you do what have to do and they make very nice mobile homes. Some people call them modular. They don't even look like the old style mobile homes anymore. And if they buy the land outside the city, they can avoid the restrictions a city or home association may impose.

The previews for this coming Sunday's premier do not look all that good. (No one appears to be happy.) But then again TLC could be setting us all up to think there is tons of drama this season. Who knows.
    KAREN

I still think that buying a piece of land and putting 4 mobile homes on it would be cheaper. I realize that may not be in keeping of their high standard of living, but you do what have to do and they make very nice mobile homes. Some people call them modular. They don't even look like the old style mobile homes anymore. And if they buy the land outside the city, they can avoid the restrictions a city or home association may impose.
    Debb, you have said that a few times since SW moved to Vegas. I agree with you. 4 mobile/modular homes on a large parcel of land would be perfect and they would all be so close to each other BUT carrying 4 mortgages must be staggering for them as it appears to me that no one is working ???? How are they staying afloat their TLC checks????
    KAREN

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

According to info on the web, they have NEVER been afloat. There's a history of bankruptcies for the 3 original wives and Robyn as well. These folks have no practical concept of how much it costs to buy things, because they buy them on credit and then walk away from the debts. The bankruptcy filings detail how much consumer debt they were all carrying. And Robyn left her first marriage with a $1,000 credit debt owed to Victoria's Secret.

The fact that they are planning on building 4 huge houses doesn't surprise me. They (mostly Kody) seem to feel "entitled" to these things because they're so special. If they were practical, Meri would recognize that she doesn't NEED a big house with a pool. I think they're nice enough people, but I'm nice, too - but I know that I need to be able to PAY for things that I commit myself to buying.
    momrek06 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread