+ Reply to Thread
Page 102 of 176 FirstFirst ... 2529293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112152 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1757
Like Tree689Likes

Thread: Sister Wives

Re: Sister Wives

So the reason the Brown's did this show was to show the world that plural marriages are not as horrible as people assume they are, yes? And the reason behind the plural marriages was to be closer to God or whatever for their religion, yes? Then why does it sound as if they are not being Christian like at all? Sounds more like Kody wanted to have his cake and eat it too, with all of the wives and kids and the pedestal he has placed himself on. Sounds like Kody also wanted the exposure on national tv, no matter what it does to his "family" and how it destroys his wives and children. Eventually the Brown's will lose their viewers and TLC will cancel their show. What will Koday and Company do then? It is clear that they can not support themselves in any traditional manner.

Those poor kids. Never asked to be born into this crap and yet they are the ones that will suffer the most.

Kody said there were too many coding, zoning, or some reasons they couldn't buy or build one large house, plus the ladies don't want one large house. They have a taste of being separate and like it. I now see why.

I wonder just how much backlash they are getting from the shows last night, especially the interview. I bet they have been up answering phone calls since early this morning and they have read what is all over the internet about them. When so many people dislike you and your have a reality show, you have to become concerned. Remember how Kate Gosselin finally went down swinging? Eventually, when you get toxic enough, people will unplug from caring about you. It seems the Browns are VERY dependent on TLC. If they lose it, they are likely to really suffer. Didn't they consider that when writing that book? I think the toothpaste is out of the tube at this point and it ain't very pretty. And what's so funny is that it's Meri that turned out being the meanest.

I think it would have gone a long way if they had said that since money was tight, they would make do with the basics. Each wife would put all their girls in one bedroom and all the boys in one bedroom. And the mom would have one. They could each make do with a 3 bedroom house. Having a 6-7 bedroom house just because you have a lot of kids and deserve it, is ridiculous.
    Last edited by Debb70; 06-25-2012 at 02:23 PM.
    bearwme1 and sclilred1 like this.

So they all wrote checks from each of their accounts money they get from TLC what about Kodasss where was his check or he's just so great in the sack that he doesn't need to chip in for there homes. How will they afford to build new homes?

I saw on Twitter today that Christine wrote ohh Kody has ate Nachos with me since then.

It seems that the only two he is attracted too is Meri and Robyn he didn't marry Janelle because he was attracted to her he married her because she fit into the family. Meri really liked the other woman I wonder what went on there. Doesn't seem like he was really attracted to Christine either he seems to have no trouble getting it up for them and making babies.

Kody really annoys me I would love to punch him in his face. He thinks he's a stud well he's not and I bet he's small in the pants reason why he needs so many needy insecure women.
    elleprn likes this.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Does anyone know what Kody was talking about when he said they generate income from TLC marketing?
    Since TLC is allowing them to mention the name of the Browns' website and showing their jewelry, TLC is probably getting a cut of the profits. I looked at it. Nothing there that I'd want.

I've always been under the impression from watching this show that Kody has a great deal of difficulty navigating the emotional relationships with all these women. Things get very complex very fast in relationships with multiple partners and it takes a lot of work and skill to navigate it. He doesn't want to put in the work and he lacks the skill.

I don't leave the women blameless in this either. Christine went into this with eyes wide open. it's not like she's the first wife and decided to get a few more after her. She was the third wife. She needs to be in a monogamous relationship where she can be the sole center of attention. She is not in the right type of relationship for her and that is obvious. She is a big girl, she can leave but doesn't. That is her choice to stay in this mess. Kody and everyone aside she is still making that choice for herself.

Robyn always seemed like the odd duck out/sex kitten wife to me. The one he feels he needs to actually woo from what I've seen which granted isn't a whole lot. It shows his inability to balance a poly relationship when he engages in that kind of activity.

It saddens me to a degree because there are lots of people out there that have variations of poly relationships (Mormon and not) and they do so in a reasonably functional manner. But this is the public face we all get. But I also question if any relationship with multiple partners could stand up to what they have had to stand up to. Getting chased out of their state (which I still think is incredibly sad), going through their employment woes (or whatever they're doing) and the sitting on TV like they are. I think most relationships poly or not would crumble after all that.

I also hate to think it but I worry sometimes about these ladies popping out more and more kids. Technically speaking they are all single mothers except for Meri. If times ever got real hard if Kody doesn't put on a condom those children and ladies could become the taxpayer's responsibility to care for.

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos View Post
    I've always been under the impression from watching this show that Kody has a great deal of difficulty navigating the emotional relationships with all these women. Things get very complex very fast in relationships with multiple partners and it takes a lot of work and skill to navigate it. He doesn't want to put in the work and he lacks the skill.

I don't leave the women blameless in this either. Christine went into this with eyes wide open. it's not like she's the first wife and decided to get a few more after her. She was the third wife. She needs to be in a monogamous relationship where she can be the sole center of attention. She is not in the right type of relationship for her and that is obvious. She is a big girl, she can leave but doesn't. That is her choice to stay in this mess. Kody and everyone aside she is still making that choice for herself.

Robyn always seemed like the odd duck out/sex kitten wife to me. The one he feels he needs to actually woo from what I've seen which granted isn't a whole lot. It shows his inability to balance a poly relationship when he engages in that kind of activity.

It saddens me to a degree because there are lots of people out there that have variations of poly relationships (Mormon and not) and they do so in a reasonably functional manner. But this is the public face we all get. But I also question if any relationship with multiple partners could stand up to what they have had to stand up to. Getting chased out of their state (which I still think is incredibly sad), going through their employment woes (or whatever they're doing) and the sitting on TV like they are. I think most relationships poly or not would crumble after all that.

I also hate to think it but I worry sometimes about these ladies popping out more and more kids. Technically speaking they are all single mothers except for Meri. If times ever got real hard if Kody doesn't put on a condom those children and ladies could become the taxpayer's responsibility to care for.
    He needs to get that thing snipped.
    sclilred1 likes this.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos
    She [Christine] needs to be in a monogamous relationship where she can be the sole center of attention. She is not in the right type of relationship for her and that is obvious. She is a big girl, she can leave but doesn't. That is her choice to stay in this mess. Kody and everyone aside she is still making that choice for herself.
    I think the core message of this kind of plural marriage is that they are all married to one another, as well as to the husband. They are truly family, with all of the loyalties families demand. They are loved, and love, unconditionally.

As we all know, conflicts still arise when we love that way. We can still feel hurt, angry, frustrated, confused, or betrayed when we love unconditionally. But, no matter what, we do not turn our backs on that relationship. That is the commitment, that is the message.

In this way, plural marriage is the opposite of conventional American marriages. Or should I say serial marriages because that is what many of us wind up engaging in. We burn bridges in a way "group" marriages do not.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

gadmus126: I feel the same way as you. After I punched him in the face I'd shave his head. I think he now surpasses Donald Trump with that heinous hair of his. I know he thinks it looks good. When they were taking video questions, two young girls asked about his hair products. I don't think he realized that they were making fun of him. There are so many things that are not right with this (these) marriages. To call it a "calling from God" is an insult to many of us. As so many of you have said, they are pretending everything is good. It is indeed sad. JMHO, Robyn is a dolt.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    I think the core message of this kind of plural marriage is that they are all married to one another, as well as to the husband. They are truly family, with all of the loyalties families demand. They are loved, and love, unconditionally.

As we all know, conflicts still arise when we love that way. We can still feel hurt, angry, frustrated, confused, or betrayed when we love unconditionally. But, no matter what, we do not turn our backs on that relationship. That is the commitment, that is the message.

In this way, plural marriage is the opposite of conventional American marriages. Or should I say serial marriages because that is what many of us wind up engaging in. We burn bridges in a way "group" marriages do not.
    In theory that is how plural marriages work but in my experience with multiple partner relationships some individuals are fundamentally not cut out to be a part of that. Christine is not cut from a cloth which is conducive to that and reality is is one toxic person who needs that much monogamous attention will take down the entire family unit. In a sense it is doing better for the group to remove oneself from that situation than to continue to say and pollute the waters basically. A better person than Kody would have recognized early on her limitations in this realm done the right thing but he didn't.

The problem with their type of plural relationship while they are all "married" to the family it is a very difficult form of multiple partner arrangement. For example one of my last multiple partner relationships involved two females and one male. Me and the female had a romantic relationship and got our intimate emotional needs met through each other as well as through the male in the relationship. It's easier to negotiate because you don't have everyone vying for the emotionally security of one partner as they are doing. They're married to each other but it's a friend thing if they even talk at all versus an intimate relationship between the women. Which fits with the religion but with someone as unskilled as Kody trying to negotiate that it becomes a real problem.

a little late but just got done watching the tell all season finale....all I can say is WOW.

What a bunch of messed up lives and they make it more screwy by inviting more women into the mix and having more children. I do agree he needs to get it snipped and fast. Cody needs to work on EVERYTHING with these women and yes, I think he is a womanizer.

Those women are all so hurt emotionally personally I don't know how anyone of them could trust the next wife. Feels like a lifetime tv movie. I cannot believe he said that about Christen. That was horrible! It made me sad to know how he really felt. And for her to hear that for the first time of tv....wow.

I cannot believe anyone of them would stay in that lifestyle no amount of money or fame could keep me there.

To each their own as the old saying goes....and I guess we should not judge em but you really have to think about their situation and what is best....and my butt would be high tailiing it out of there!

+ Reply to Thread