+ Reply to Thread
Page 101 of 176 FirstFirst ... 51919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1757
Like Tree689Likes

Thread: Sister Wives

FORT Fogey

Re: Sister Wives

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I think that if Janelle and Christine were the same size as Robin, they would be turning heads big time. They are very pretty ladies IMO. I know it's difficult to get back down after the baby weight, but maybe they are just okay with it. I don't think Meri is. IMO she looked uncomfortable on the Mexico trip.
    I agree, they are all attractive women and Christine has a prettier face than Robin. Meri has a sadness about her and there are moments when she looks beautiful. She is my favorite. I watch this show sporatically so I miss things.

Shopie, I'm curious as to your reaction to the two shows last night. First they aired the season finale and then they had a one hour interview with Natalie Morales. I must say that I am floored! I haven't read their book so most of the information really hit me hard. Plus, Kody showed a side of him that I have never seen. He was really sweating in that interview and I can see why.

For the most part, I have defended the family and Kody, in light of some really strong criticism, however, after what I saw last night, I'm done. I think Kody is really a cruel person who has no business with all those relationships. And I think what that family as portrayed as godly, inspiring and making them better people is not true. I'll stop short of calling it a fraud. I just think that they are miserable people pretending to be happy, in the name of plural marriage.

The fact that most of the kids think there is TOO much drama, as they described it and that they want no part of plural marriage for their lives, reflects just how dysfunctional they are. And yes, I know all families have issues, but it seems theirs is multiplied due to the 4 wives.

Their eldest son was desperately trying to escape their drama, but they just don't want to let him go. He must bear a lot of responsiblity that Kody does not handle and he needs a brake. Didn't anyone get that?

The most disappointing on the finale was when Kody announces they have put down money on the new properties. This means nothing to the kids, because as the kids said. Their parents tell them things that turn out to not happen. Why did they want to even tell the kids until they were sure? How selfish and immature can you be?

In the interview Kody seemed like he wanted to hurt the wives feelings. He was down right cruel. I don't think you can cut cruelty out of a person.

Mary and Janelle have a horrible past and are still just working on their relationship. They chalk it up to different personalities. Come on. It looked petty IMO.

Christine then admitted to being mean and picking on Robin. What a bunch of meanies. I'm really disappointed in them all. What a hot mess.

I just kept shaking my head and feeling kind of sick watching it last night. I've definitely lost my love for this show.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Shopie, I'm curious as to your reaction to the two shows last night. First they aired the season finale and then they had a one hour interview with Natalie Morales. I must say that I am floored! I haven't read their book so most of the information really hit me hard. Plus, Kody showed a side of him that I have never seen. He was really sweating in that interview and I can see why.

For the most part, I have defended the family and Kody, in light of some really strong criticism, however, after what I saw last night, I'm done. I think Kody is really a cruel person who has no business with all those relationships. And I think what that family as portrayed as godly, inspiring and making them better people is not true. I'll stop short of calling it a fraud. I just think that they are miserable people pretending to be happy, in the name of plural marriage.

The fact that most of the kids think there is TOO much drama, as they described it and that they want no part of plural marriage for their lives, reflects just how dysfunctional they are. And yes, I know all families have issues, but it seems theirs is multiplied due to the 4 wives.

Their eldest son was desperately trying to escape their drama, but they just don't want to let him go. He must bear a lot of responsiblity that Kody does not handle and he needs a brake. Didn't anyone get that?

The most disappointing on the finale was when Kody announces they have put down money on the new properties. This means nothing to the kids, because as the kids said. Their parents tell them things that turn out to not happen. Why did they want to even tell the kids until they were sure? How selfish and immature can you be?

In the interview Kody seemed like he wanted to hurt the wives feelings. He was down right cruel. I don't think you can cut cruelty out of a person.

Mary and Janelle have a horrible past and are still just working on their relationship. They chalk it up to different personalities. Come on. It looked petty IMO.

Christine then admitted to being mean and picking on Robin. What a bunch of meanies. I'm really disappointed in them all. What a hot mess.

I just kept shaking my head and feeling kind of sick watching it last night. I've definitely lost my love for this show.
    Per the bolded I have always felt that way. I don't watch all the time but what I have seen I sometimes think these ladies don't feel like they can do better.

I sure hope all the kids find their way out of this mess. So glad to hear these kids don't want plural marriages.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Debb, I had the EXACT same reaction. When Kody said to Christine, "If you want to go on a vacation, you'll need to take the money out of your grocery money," I looked at my hubby and said, "If you ever said anything like that to me, you could then assume that you were NOT going on the vacation with me!" I saw Kody as unkind and manipulative as well during the entire house-buying and Logan's college choice scenarios. And then he had to make sure the camera was on him as he ran all the way around the property "putting his stink on it." Yeah, like you put your stink on those four women . . . some of whom have had a big gulp of the kool-aid.

I think Janelle is the one with the most common sense in the bunch. And apparently there was some real bad feelings between her and Meri about the rentals in Las Vegas. IF this is really a family who cares about each other, I can't understand Meri (apparently) INSISTING on a large house with a pool, and justifying it by saying, "But I take care of MY stuff" . . . pretty strong inference there that she thinks maybe Janelle doesn't. If they're on a limited budget, then she should have said, "This is temporary. I don't need a big place during this transition." That does NOT appear to be what happened, even based on Meri's own words.

I haven't watched a "new" episode lately, but I do sometimes catch reruns. The train just seems to be getting closer to crashing into something.
    mindy384 likes this.

I watched the interview last night, and was surprised to learn just how sad and hurtful the history of their relationships sounded. I was under the false impression that Janelle and Christine had shared close friendships with Meri before she decided they should become sister wives. How sad to think of Janelle feeling like a guest w/ Meri and Kody, and then Christine finding out how flatly un-attracted Kody initially felt towards her. Good grief, your life partner is supposed to be your soft place to fall, and your home should be your comfort from a harsh world. There seems to be so much anguish amongst them, and it's like they think feeling it is "good" because it's a challenge to grow/evolve/whatever psycho-jargon they choose to use.
    I think Meri was so right when she commented about being honest to a fault. I couldn't tell if they (mainly Kody) were being so brutally honest out of misguided attempts to work through their feelings, or if they just felt it would make good story time, or if they were being passive-agressive under cover of "sharing their feelings" -- but it was awful. A bright spot was the kids' portion of the interview; I always find myself most impressed w/ Janelle's children (and she's also my favorite "wife", but the one I think stuffs down her feelings the most ).

Yeah, I had forgotten about the "save your grocery money for a vacation" comment. He is clueless. I won't blame it on plural marriage. There may be some families who are doing well with plural marriage, but not the Browns. Kody would likely have issues with any relationship because he has cruelty in him. He is insensitive and doesen't know or care about others. Soon, I bet he will turn on Robin and maybe even Meri.

If they had really opened up in that interview, they would have gotten very heated. I felt they needed Andy Cohen to moderate it. It had a Gosselin feel to it really. They may be near the end of the line. I would not be surprised.

Before this show ends it will probably make or break them and I am going to lean on the side of breaking. Truthfully I don't know what those ladies see in that joker. He really acts like he is this big stud. In all the shows I have watched I have never seen much interaction with his kids. Do they even know what a father is. With that many kids by 4 different ladies how can you be what those kids need.

I think that Logan might be a big role model for the younger kids. He certainly is more mature and reasonable than Kody, but he has a right to escape all of that responsiblity for his own life.

I still don't know why they couldn't have bought land and put mobile homes on it. Double wides for Janelle and Christine and single wides for Meri and Robyn. That would provide them with enough room for awhile and until they can afford better. And an above ground pool would be less expensive too.

Does anyone know what Kody was talking about when he said they generate income from TLC marketing?

I have to watch the second hour of the season finale...wow sounds like alot of hot stuff happened....

Man Kody is such a catch....NOT.... he is so big on himself and I don't know why even ONE woman would of been attracted to him! I have to admit he was not bad looking when he was younger, but man once he opens his mouth....

I do feel they are going to fall apart. I think all those relationships are under so much stress...

I just thought it would be cheaper to just a build a home where they can all live together like in Utah. A four family home....but I guess that won't be god enough for them.

Amazing what a reality show will do to you. Now they want it all. TLC's money is going to run out once the show does and then maybe old Kody boy will have to figure out a way to support that brood he has amassed. Sounds like the women did a lot of the supporting. He reminds me of someone who wants to be put on a pedestal and admired.

+ Reply to Thread