+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pit Boss

FORT Newbie

Pit Boss

Is anybody watching this show on Animal Planet? I love it! I love the work Shorty is doing to help homeless dogs, and especially his efforts to change the unfair stereotypes of these wonderful dogs.

FROM ANIMAL PLANET WEB SITE:Former actor, entertainment guru and pit bull rescuer Shorty Rossi has lofty ideals, a tough attitude and an entertainment industry Rolodex to help his cause. And he's gathered together three friends/employees; Ronald, Ashley and Sebastian, to take on the gargantuan task of rescuing, rehabbing and training the most misunderstood of dogs—pit bulls.

Shorty, a workaholic with a devilish sense of humor and quick temper, balances two jobs—running Shortywood Productions, a Hollywood talent management company for little people, as well as Shorty’s Rescue, his pit bull rescue group.

Shorty, aptly named, and his three cohorts happen to be little people with the biggest hearts for these adorable dogs, who often are bigger than they are. From the producers of Millionaire Matchmaker and Blowout, Pit Boss follows the everyday drama and joy of these buddies and business partners as they hit the streets of Los Angeles in their fight to overcome stereotypes — for themselves and the pit bulls they save.

Re: Pit Boss

I have watched every show. It has been on for many weeks now. Saturday nights on the AP channel.

I applaud Shorty and his efforts to rescue these dogs BUT I am afraid of pit bulls and would never own one ever. AND my apt complex will not allow many breeds of dogs and this one is at the top of the list.

I do really like watching the inner workings of Shortywood as well. His 3 employees are awesome.

Shorty had a troubled background and has come a long way since those days.

My son just saw him in Temecula (wine country) a few weeks ago touring the vineyards. He had Hercules with him.

I would love to see him suceed in this show, his business and his continued efforts to save the dogs.
    KAREN

FORT Newbie

Re: Pit Boss

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06;4048913;

I applaud Shorty and his efforts to rescue these dogs BUT I am afraid of pit bulls and would never own one ever. AND my apt complex will not allow many breeds of dogs and this one is at the top of the list.
    That's too bad . I have a pit bull and she is the best dog ever. Unfortunately it's a breed that has been so overbred and overpopulated, and so many ended up in the wrong hands and left unsocialized that a few bad apples made an unfair stereotype for the breed as a whole. Their true nature, however, is to be super people-friendly and willing to please. They really are amazing and wonderful dogs. But I'm so glad you enjoy the show and can appreciate the good in it. That's awesome.

I hope it catches on. I think the show is fun. I really like Shorty, he's a pistol and I think a really well-intentioned person. I also really like his staff (especially Sebastian ), they are a fun group to watch.

+ Reply to Thread