+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: The Great Food Truck Race

The Great Food Truck Race

So after watching the Next Food Network Star, I caught this show and its quite good!

I'm definitely rooting for Nom Nom Truck! Nom Nom Nom!!!! lol I'm Asian myself, and I LOVE Vietnamese sandwiches!!! Austin Daily Press, Crepes Bonaparte and Grill Em All are my other favorites so far...

I knew Nana Queens would be the first to go, I thought the guy mascot in the banana suit was quite frightening lol im pretty sure he scared an elderly lady away from business lol

Re: The Great Food Truck Race

I enjoyed the first show. Sad to see th elosing team go home. I thought for sure the French guys or burger/sandwich guys would have gone home. However, that festival fee killed them.

I couldn't believe the guys who were complaining about not being able to find parking in North Park. If another team was at the Hillcrest farmers' market, that had to be a Sunday -- which means that parking meters and time limits aren't enforced in San Diego. And it's clearly marked on all the signs that parking is free and unlimited on Sundays. Dummies!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Nana Queen was obvious. Acting cocky and confident in ANY reality show gets your butt handed to you. I've seen it happen so many times, it's just like some unspoken karmic rule. And plus, all they sell are Banana Pudding and hot wings? Like she herself said, nothing special about the recipe... and nothing special about selling out of it.

Anyone watching right now? Looks like Nom Nom is still on top, I think they're gonna win again! I hope Ragin Cajun don't lose, I like their team, but it seems like they're struggling a lot in this area... I think it'll be down to Ragin Cajun and Spencer On The Go (I think that was the team with the truck problem that couldn't start up?)

Episode 2: Sante Fe, New Mexico

Nomnom is KILLING it again. They got their name in the paper and are near a market AND a gelato shop. Their location also provides customers shelter from the elements. They have an endless line and will no doubt win. The one girl they keep showing on camera for Nomnom is a genius and if she keeps this up, they will win the whole thing. She knows how to market and socialize on the fly. Really impressed with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Endit;4046166;
    Episode 2: Sante Fe, New Mexico

Nomnom is KILLING it again. They got their name in the paper and are near a market AND a gelato shop. Their location also provides customers shelter from the elements. They have an endless line and will no doubt win. The one girl they keep showing on camera for Nomnom is a genius and if she keeps this up, they will win the whole thing. She knows how to market and socialize on the fly. Really impressed with them.
    I want to eat from Nom-Nom's truck! I wish I would've known when they were in San Diego -- but, of course, the show wasn't even being advertised yet. Sigh.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Nom Nom wins again!!!!

Grill Em All came in second (i thought it was genuis that they "hi-jacked" the tour bus and made business)...Crepes Bonaparte, Austin Daily Press....

Spencer on the Go (who won the immunity challenge) and Ragin Cajun are in the bottom two with Ragin with the lowest amount of earned money, so it wouldn't have mattered either way, Ragin Cajun lost out, I really liked their team too...

Oh you beat me to it... I was gona post the results. Oh well, here they are anyways.

Episode 2: Santa Fe
    1. Nomnom - $3,045 (wins trip + hotel to Santa Fe from Orbitz).
    2. Crepes Bonaparte - $1,717
    3. Grill Em All - $1,306
    4. Austin Daily Press - $1,096
    5. Spencer's On The Go - $1,050 (+ immunity for winning truck stop chilli competition)
    OUT: Ragin Cagin - $748

Next week: Fort Worth, Texas

Crepes came in 2nd, not Grill Em All. Anyways, Ragin Cagin really deserved to go. They had like no real plan (well only Nomnom had a real plan, so they just had the worst luck). Their concept looked like a not young man just screaming "RAGIN CAGIN!" and acting sorta crazy. Not the best way to bring in business. But I would hate to be the person responsible for any advertizing. I still wonder how the french team gets customers. We don't see much from them. I thought it was really smart to buy from a restaurant though... wholesale prices. I want to try all this food too, but I'm actually grossed out by everything. So in real life I'd probably pass it up.
    Last edited by Endit; 08-22-2010 at 10:24 PM.

I like your list better, you had the amount raised, and I guess I wasn't really paying attention, Crepes 2nd it is lol

I thought Ragin Cajun did have some plan, they were smart enough to steal Nana Queen's idea and get into the festival in ep 1 and they thought it would be smart to follow Nom Nom's truck (the number 1 truck) in this episode...but sadly enough, both plans didn't really pay off, luck just wasn't on their side. I found them likable... Can't wait to see how the trucks fare in Texas!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1234567891011 ... LastLast