+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: The Great Food Truck Race

Re: The Great Food Truck Race

Ugh! Man, this just ruined my night. As I suspected, they basically changed the whole concept of the game on its head just to give Grill 'Em All a chance to win. They won just because of a lucky streak and one bad night for NomNom, that's it.

Had it not been for Truck Stops, these guys would've been out a long time ago. They never had any strategy, they just lucked out time and again. Plus, what the hell was that with the guy from Spencer on the Go calling them to hook them up with buying produce quick and easy and inexpensive? That was an already eliminated team having a say on the proceedings of the final round, that should be against the rules! This isn't Survivor or Big brother where eliminated players affect the outcome in the end! Plus it sounded more like they did it only to not see NomNom pull off another victory, so I lost any respect I had for Spencer on the Go.

I think NomNom deserved to win up until this final episode. Grill Em All was clearly the better truck in NYC. I was rooting for the Noms the whole time and against Grill Em All, but I have to step back and be objective and I think Grill Em All did a better job tonight. I also think the truck stop was a little slanted in favor of the Noms...it seemed staged just so they would win and it would be a closer race at the finish- if the Noms hadn't won than there would have been no suspense at the end. I think whomever was behind by the time the Truck Stop came would have won that task. I doubt taste played as much a part in the decision as the producers did to make it a more tight race. JMO. Either way I liked the show quite a bit and hope they do a second edition.

Well I have no reason to watch now, I can't stand the Grill Em All group. They are poor sports period (poor winners/poor losers) and they did not deserve to even be anywhere near the finals. It should have been Spencer on the Go against the Nom Nom truck. I had a feeling that they would manipulate this to give it to the Grill Em All boys, otherwise Nom Nom would have swept the entire series and we just can't have that.

I am throwing up the BS flag on this one, what a disappointing ending. They were doing so great not resorting to usual reality tv tricks until the very last episode and I'm disappointed with the producers for going there.

I actually on purpose chose not to watch the finale because of that gut feeling I had that they would some how ruin it by screwing with the rules, so came here first thing this morning to see what happened and yep, will delete it soon as I get home without watching (my 7 year old was pulling for the Nomers too, he'll be disappointed, he really liked that truck and the Spencer guys the most).
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Actually the NomNoms won the Truck Stop. If it hadn't been for that they would have placed a very distant 2nd as Grill Em All was kicking some serious butt until that. The Truck Stop at least made it somewhat of a close race.

Don't flame me...I too wanted the Noms to win.

Has anyone been watching the mini-series America's Best, hosted by Alton Brown, about the best food destinations? The NomNom Truck was shown and mentioned in one, about a gathering of food trucks, and it was really cool to see them get a mention even outside the race. Made even better because they also showed Carla from Top Chef.

Quote Originally Posted by Rembrant;4066322;
    Has anyone been watching the mini-series America's Best, hosted by Alton Brown, about the best food destinations? The NomNom Truck was shown and mentioned in one, about a gathering of food trucks, and it was really cool to see them get a mention even outside the race. Made even better because they also showed Carla from Top Chef.
    I saw the comfort food episode so I didn't see the NomNom Truck but it really was nice to see Carla again - I really loved her on Top Chef. She's actually one of my favorite reality contestants ever.

WOW!!
    I happened to see the Grill "em All truck when I was out and about on Saturday. Didn't stop to go over, though.

Of all the teams in this, I would have preferred to see Spencer at the end. I just liked the idea of French food to go a lot more than still another sandwich.

I think both Nom Nom and Grill "em All seemed to have good food.
    Grill 'Em All did do better in NYC, though, so I can certainly see why they'd win this.
    Getting on the top of that flat top building would have shared the he*l out of me. It's extremely narrow.

Does anybody know who that guy was with the Nom Noms? He's definitely not 1 of the partners. The 2 girls are the partners. Did they just take him along for the show as they needed a team more than 2 people?
    TIA
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie;4064598;
    I think NomNom deserved to win up until this final episode. Grill Em All was clearly the better truck in NYC. I was rooting for the Noms the whole time and against Grill Em All, but I have to step back and be objective and I think Grill Em All did a better job tonight. I also think the truck stop was a little slanted in favor of the Noms...it seemed staged just so they would win and it would be a closer race at the finish- if the Noms hadn't won than there would have been no suspense at the end. I think whomever was behind by the time the Truck Stop came would have won that task. I doubt taste played as much a part in the decision as the producers did to make it a more tight race. JMO. Either way I liked the show quite a bit and hope they do a second edition.
    ITA with everything you said, although I wasn't a big fan of the Noms. I think the Noms were so far ahead of their competition from day 1, it wasn't really fair.
    Phil: Claire likes to say "You can be part of the problem, or part of the solution." But I happen to believe you can be both. Modern Family

Well, season 2 begins tonight. Eight trucks this time, I wonder how it will go. I will give it a chance, but I'm going in there with negativity from the get-go. I am still very bitter about the horrible and clearly rigged finale of season 1, so I won't be surprised if we see weird shenanigans this season too.

Pre-show favorites are Hodge Podge, Seabirds, Devilicious and Korilla BBQ (their truck's design is my favorite), and the team I already hate is Roxy's Grilled Cheese, because they give me that Grill 'Em All vibe, and I hated Grill 'Em All.

I don't know any of the teams yet but I'm with you in the bad taste last season left. I was so disgusted with the outcome. That final competition was set up for NomNom to fail and it was BS. They won almost every thing and the winners were such poor sports and icky all season long.....*deep breath* lol.

I like this show but I'm going to try not to pick a favorite since we all already know the BS they like to pull on this show.
    Allie likes this.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

+ Reply to Thread