+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: The Great Food Truck Race

Re: The Great Food Truck Race

Surprising! Spencer's is the first to get ingredients and set up and sell! They even beat NomNom to the punch!

So much for not having many locals to sell to. Local TV channel draws huge attention and the city flocks to them.

I live in a city of like 4,000 and is way more rural than where they are, but I have seen 1 food truck around here before.

What the heck? Grill Em All won the truckstop? This is absolute BS! They don't even cook interesting or good food - they basically just admitted this on tv a second ago, something like "plain cheeseburgers". The judges in the truck stop have no taste. I don't trust their judgement at all now, I mean the even eat with steak knifes, not proper utensils. I think because Grill Em All did what they were familiar with so that was why they won. Such a colossal shame though. Now they will be in the final 2, not deserved IMO. They never sell food or plan ahead, just get lucky and survive by some miracle like this.

September 12, 2010 episode results

1st - NomNom $3,117
    2nd - Grill Em All #2,763
    OUT - Spencer's On The Go $2,726

When they announced that NomNom was #1 I was like HOLY **** out loud. This is why I say that they have more than luck and good business. They made more than their previous 3k total and they didn't even win the truck stop. And they missed the church crowd. Like Misa said, it is magic. There is no way to explain it. How many other reality shows have you seen where one team or person literally shuts down all the competition in sight?

You know I hate Grill Em All, but I really don't think they deserve to be here. Even with that gigantic advantage they only slid by with $37 more than 3rd place. How does that happen when you are given an advantage!? It really shows that they are lacking in something.

The final showdown next time in New York City, NY. They said that it will be a something totally different. I'm trying to brainstorm ideas.
    Last edited by Endit; 09-12-2010 at 10:09 PM.

BUsy night, too tired to say much. BUt, if anyone is coasting on luck it's Grill Em All winning Truck stop challenges and squeaking by multiple times barely when they should've gone home and would have otherwise. Simple explanation for Nom Nom's success, Superior Product trumps everything and will win all the time! Add some good business sense to that and you have no match to that! Sad to see Spencer On The Go leave, mainly because Grill Em All didn't deserve to stay in my opinion. I'm Tean NOM NOM all the way!!! Finale may come down to luck rather than food as it may rely on getting through NY traffic to location on time and making way up building verses quality of food. Which could mean Grill Em All will luck out again. But if that happens, Nom NOm still won alot of prizes along the way. Although, frankly they should win the money so the can franchise that bad boy! lol

I was definitely scared all night for NomNom, especially when they took so long in buying extra stuff and doing prep, and yet it turned out buying the extra stuff helped out. But I was still scared for them, so I almost fell out of my chair to hear they won this round too, not to mention the really loud "What oh my God no way this rocks" that I'm sure my next door neighbors must've heard. I'm so happy they managed it and won again. They are seriously running away with this competition!

But it was bittersweet to see Spencer on the Go lose, and by only 37 dollars. Grill 'Em All lucked out yet again. Despite winning the Truck Stop challenge, they still only managed to edge out Spencer on the Go by a mere 37 bucks. I mean, they went to this huge auto show with thousands of people and a real long line and a lady bought forty burgers, and they still managed to only make 37 dollars more? That's twice they get their butts saved by winning the Truck Stop Challenge! I think the Food Network is trying really hard to make us see Grill 'Em All as underdogs, but it's failing miserably. Underdogs are supposed to be likeable, underdogs are supposed to try their damn best to beat the odds. These guys are not likeable and don't have a single strategic bone in their body. These guys suck!

The preview looks to make for a big-time episode, love the idea of selling through all five boroughs of New York. NomNom might still have the edge since their stuff is more unique, whereas Grill 'Em All and their burgers, well, you can get burgers anywhere in New York, but hey, who knows, they might do well. But that last bit about racing to the top of the building has me extremely on edge. There just has to be something more to that, because I refuse to believe they'd stoop low enough to turn this into a foot race at the last second. What the hell does a foot race have to do with the whole concept of this show anyway? Whatever, I just hope it's misleading us and NomNom pulls out a win. If they won, that would be the epitome of a perfect run on a reality show, unless you count the Truck Stop Challenges.

I was watching the VMAs cheering for Lady Gaga of course so i missed the first airing, but I caught the second and was so happy for Nom Nom truck! I hope they sweep the whole competition, they truly deserve it! Can't wait for the finale next week, it seems it will be a bit new twist!

FORT Newbie

Of course there's a foot race. Doesn't every season of The Amazing Race end with a foot race?

Quote Originally Posted by Rembrant;4059757;
    ...What the hell does a foot race have to do with the whole concept of this show anyway?..
    Its shameless rip-off of The Amazing Race?
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I find things way more enjoyable, exciting and interesting when the teams are evenly matched so there isn't one dominate team that wins all the time.

I think this was spoilered in advance! Ugh!
    I had gone ahead and googled the websites of the 3 contestants on Friday.
    I really didn't know about any of them.
    Once I saw that Nom Nom had posted on their website that they were "reuniting" with Grill Em All this week in LA, I knew that last night's episode would be the demise of Spencer. Sorry, but in my book, that's wrong for any reality show contestant to do. :nono

I'm not a happy camper about Grill Em All facing off against Nom Nom. Nom Nom certainly deserves their win, but Grill Em All does not, IMO. That Chuck Wagon challenge seemed off to me.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread