+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: The Great Food Truck Race

Re: The Great Food Truck Race

Saw it for the first time and loved it!
    All the food looks pretty good.
    I did think Nom Nom should have gotten a penalty or DQ for getting their meat butchered. Just doesn't seem fair.
    As frar as the comment that the one team member from there made, their food didn't look all that exciting to me, but this was the only episode I saw.
    I was really pulling for Bonaparte especially since they never deal with meat. That had to be hard and they came in second.
    I really love the idea of French fast food, so I hope they stay in the competition. I can get a burger or a sandwich anyday, but an escargot to go?
    Now, that's really impressive.
    I'm glad to see Tyler being more likable on this show. I've always liked him; but thought NFNS did him no justice when he was on there.
    Last edited by norealityhere; 09-04-2010 at 06:28 PM.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

What bothered me most about the beef butchering challenge was that Nom Nom didn't even try. Their leader automatically picks up the phone and starts making calls.

From the previews they are showing now, it might be that the next episodes finds Nom Nom falling out of favor.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

I personally saw no problem with the NomNom Truck competitors getting that butcher to deal with their meat for them. Plus others had a bit of help too, like Austin Daily Press had a gentleman telling them how to butcher it.

I think it's totally fair they did that, since the main goal for them is to sell their product, not how they prepare it, so getting a professional butcher to cut up the meat for them was a very good strategic move, plus I know some food trucks get butchers to cut their meat for them, so it's okay.

Nom Nom won first place again! Go Team Nom Nom!!! They are killing it in this competition, even with the heavy loss at the Truck Stop Challenge and the set back with the parking space, but they are truly setting themselves apart from everyone else, and I'm gonna say it, at this point, I don't see them having any competition either.

2nd - Grill Em' All
    3rd - Spencer on the Go
    Out - Austin Daily Press

Well I take that back...the next area can heavily impact their sales, they're going to a very rural Tennessee town with only 5000 people who have never seen a food truck. lol This should be interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by KinmokuPrincess;4055352;
    ... they're going to a very rural Tennessee town with only 5000 people who have never seen a food truck. lol...
    Or where "food truck" is defined as a pickup with a flattened squirrel or 'possum stuck to the tire?
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

So happy for NOM NOM winning!! They've been winning all these challenges without the help of truck stops. Plus, they had some troubles this week and still one. I felt bad for Austin daily press they would have still been in it if it hadn't been for the truck stop. I have to say I can't stand Grill Em All. I don't like their attitude. I haven't liked it from the beginning and they stayed far longer than they should have because of that truck stop they one awhile back. They went back on their word and alliance twice when it came to Austin Daily Press. The frenchman, Spencer on the go really have lucked out winning the truck stop. I would have thought they would have been out long ago. So, they will be competition for NOM NOm in that you just can't seem to get rid of them. Grill Em All may unfortunately have that Americana edge in this small town in TN. I'm for NOM NOM all the way!!

I love The Nom Nom Truck! I live in Southern, CA so I've had them before and I am not surprised that they are totally kicking butt. Not only is their food delicious, they are obviously the smartest ones in the competition. They are always on top of finding a good business to partner with that is going to help them get more sales, I can't believe none of the other teams have even thought of or tried to do this. I hope they take it all the way! They definitely deserve it at this point.

FORT Fogey

Nom Nom has been my favorite truck from day one. Very smart business people and they offer a good product with an easy grocery list to make their sandwiches anywhere. Well, most anywhere. We will see how easy it is going to be to find a good baguette in that small TN town. I just don't think that is going to happen but it will be interesting to see what bread they do find. A daikon radish could be tricky as well. I have total faith that they will be able to create a product everyone likes but hamburgers could easily beat them. It looks like Spencer may be in trouble unless they have another challenge that favors them.

I did not like the truck stop challenge this week. None of them, except Spencer, knew how to filet a catfish and it appeared most of that fish was wasted. I doubt crudely cut filets would be acceptable to local chefs.

Great show, I love it.

FORT Fanatic

I thought making most of the crew spend all that time preparing catfish was just plain MEAN. What was the point of it all?

Maybe the chef used the catfish in a stew or something. I hope they won't do anything like this again.

I am really getting tired of Nom Nom. I want them to crash and burn (foodwise, I mean!). I'm not sure I'm "for" any of them, but I'm tired of Nom Nom sweeping the prizes and their attitude needs improvement.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

+ Reply to Thread