+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: The Great Food Truck Race

Re: The Great Food Truck Race

I'm really liking this show. The Nomnom truck's food looks delicious and I would love to try one of their sandwiches. I actually like most of the trucks on this show and was also sad to see the Ragan Cagins go today. I kinda wish all the trucks stayed in the competition and they did an end of the road race tally so we could see all the trucks along the journey.

Sad to see Ragin' Cajun truck fgo home. I can't seem to get rifd of the french guys truck fo rth elife of me. I thought they would have been gone after first challenge. Oh well, next week looks to be rough on everyone including NOM NOM truck.

FORT Fogey

I want the crepes truck to come to my town!

anyone watching? im flipping back and fourth from the emmys, but looks like Nom Nom has another strong strategic move by there location choice...

kudos to Austin daily press for donating some funds back to the community!

So the truck stop challenge was to use the cow leg(?)... I'm not sure how I feel about Nom Nom truck getting help from the butcher... isn't that kinda like cheating? I hope they don't get disqualified from the whole competition because of it, maybe just dq from the challenge... did they pay the guy to cut the meat for them? maybe if they paid from their funds it wouldnt be cheating...but anyways, i dont think they need the truck stop challenge , they seem to be doing just fine.
    Last edited by Jinafire; 08-29-2010 at 09:41 PM.

Here are the elimination order and amount totals they made:

Truck Stop Challenge Winner: Grill Em All Earns the Belt Buckle worth an additional $1000 dollars to their total.

1st Place: Nom Nom Truck - $2390
    2nd Place: Spencer On The Go - $2096
    3rd Place: Grill Em All - $1776 (Were to go home had they not win the Truck Stop Challenge)

Bottom Two: Austin Daily Press and Crepes Bonaparte
    4th Place: Austin Daily Press $1669
    Eliminated: Crepes Bonaparte $1465

New Orleans is the area next week!
    Last edited by Jinafire; 08-29-2010 at 10:01 PM.

I really REALLY dislike Grill Em All. Just seems like trashy "big" food and they don't even want to strategize, all they want to do is cook. They literally said this! I knew they were gonna be out when they said there were lots of meat places around... that's all competition! So they stick themselves in the middle of that and in a location that nobody can really see. I really wish they had bombed on the truck stop challenge. Crepes made like twice as much as them and now have to go home! What a joke! And they have the nerve to say "can't keep us down!" Guess what, they did, and you just barely got lucky. I am hoping and praying that next time they totally bomb. Grill Em All is the polar opposite of NomNom too.

But NomNom is getting a bit cocky. One of them said something like "I don't think we have competition" and that is their jinxing factor for the next episode. Spencer On The Go was only $294 behind them and instead of selling sandwhiches (which are a safe bet), they sell expensive French food that could turn people off and they still make it work! Going behind that Art Museum was genius and so is buying from restaurants. I think they are the dark horse of the competition. They didn't do shabby on the episode before and the first episode were only 3rd to last.

Austin Daily Press actually made $1963.52 if they had not donated anything, so that could have cost them. 1669 * (100/85) (I got refreshed on fractions last year and now I love being able to do that lol. Fractions and percents are SO SIMPLE and fun!). That's really risky but they did make quite a bit of money. It looked like they just gave everybody what they wanted though in terms of food, I mean Grilled Cheese? COME ON!

I like the accent where they were, like that guy who said they don't know what Crepes are.
    Last edited by Endit; 08-30-2010 at 01:41 AM.

I was sad to see Crepes Bonaparte go, especially after the Austin Daily Press guy talked so much smack about them only because of how they dress. The donation thing was a nice, kind thing to do, but in terms of competition, it was monumentally stupid. What saved them was getting very good locations.

I also agree about Grill 'Em All. Joel and Mark don't annoy me, the one who annoys me heavily is the one who talks the most, he's too cocky, not strategic, I wish they'd have gotten eliminated. That makes it four teams left, and 2 I dislike. Spencer On The Go, I like them and I agree with you, Endit, that they could be the darkhorses. I believe their main problem is selling their food to people scared to try it, and to an extent the prices they may charge, but they are clearly very knowledgeable about what they do.

I think Jennifer in the NomNom Truck did get a bit cocky in the end, hopefully they don't let their victories go to their head, though I doubt they'll keep being on top, but I definitely see them making it to the end, if not winning, except for some unfortunate bad luck. They were my favorite pre-race team mainly for their super catchy name, and they have remained my favorites since. Not only because they make something I really want to taste, but because even before they arrive at their destination they are planning ahead and being very strategic, and I love that about them, they work super hard to make it to the top and it's paid off for three weeks in a row now.

Missed the show tonight, except for the end. Glad Nom Nom is still in it!

yeah, Nom Nom definitely blew away the competition last few times, but this time it was pretty close...with so few trucks left, the order can change substantially with one minor error now.

I was surprised Austin Daily Press did as poorly as they did, after all they're from Texas and I thought they made a big deal about that. Grill Em All was lucky they got the bonus, im surprised they were still pretty low with it...but it was good enough to get them through and send Crepes home.

FORT Fanatic

I'm enjoying this show a lot.

+ Reply to Thread