+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: The Great Food Truck Race

Re: The Great Food Truck Race

I just finished watching the finale and boy my mouth hung open when Tyler announced they were going to Portland, Me. I live in Maine. I used to live in Portland. No one ever comes here and I missed it!! I ended up googling it in our local paper from back in June when they were here and apparently Portland has a ban on Food Trucks that was temporarily lifted so they could film the show. I always wondered why there weren't any food trucks here...I guess that explains it!

I'm glad both teams did so well and were so close, but it made me hope Tyler would give them each a truck...although I knew that wasn't happening!

FORT Fogey

Amazing that Seoul Sausage managed to make up for 3 hours easily, resulting in only a $5 difference. That says a lot. Of course we really don't know if it was a full 3 hours. Still, good job boys!

I am glad they won. It would have been a travesty to give the win to a truck frying frozen ravioli from a grocery store.

I hope next season they go back to professional trucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    I just finished watching the finale and boy my mouth hung open when Tyler announced they were going to Portland, Me. I live in Maine. I used to live in Portland. No one ever comes here and I missed it!! I ended up googling it in our local paper from back in June when they were here and apparently Portland has a ban on Food Trucks that was temporarily lifted so they could film the show. I always wondered why there weren't any food trucks here...I guess that explains it!

I'm glad both teams did so well and were so close, but it made me hope Tyler would give them each a truck...although I knew that wasn't happening!
    Maybaybie, I never lived in Maine, but I spent eight summers at summer camp in Naples and we were often in Portland, Bridgeton, Ogunwit, Sebago Lake, Casco Bay, Poland Springs, and many other fantastic places in Maine and New Hampshire. There were many summer camps in that area in those days. Those were my favorite summer years and I've never forgotten them or many of the girls I went to camp with. I've met several of them in different parts of the country over the years and we all have the same wonderful memories.

Oh, and I was delighted with the outcome. I'd eat the Seoul Sausage food anytime.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

While the difference upon arrival in Portland was only $5, it was much more significant at the finish. If every customer wanted kimchi balls as much as the Korean speaking gentleman who plunked down $50 did, it's no wonder they won. It's what I'd look for if I had food trucks in my area. Meatballs are pretty standard fare in our house, but kimchi balls . . . . . not so much. I wouldn't even know where to begin when making them. I think the uniqueness took them over the top.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    While the difference upon arrival in Portland was only $5, it was much more significant at the finish. If every customer wanted kimchi balls as much as the Korean speaking gentleman who plunked down $50 did, it's no wonder they won. It's what I'd look for if I had food trucks in my area. Meatballs are pretty standard fare in our house, but kimchi balls . . . . . not so much. I wouldn't even know where to begin when making them. I think the uniqueness took them over the top.
    They won by $150 I think. More than 50 anyway.

Google Koren rice balls. They added kim chee to a regular recipe to give it their spin. Google kim chee seperately to know what it is. I am not fond of it but would try it in a rice ball. It is basically fermented cabbage.

They are very easy to make but a hassle to deep fat fry. This is definately something I would buy. I don't order something that I can easily make when other choices are available.

The leader is a professionally trained chef. I am not sure about his team but the right truck won, that is for sure.
    Florimel likes this.

Yay Seoul Sausage! The best team won!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread