+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: The Great Food Truck Race

FORT Fogey

Re: The Great Food Truck Race

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini View Post
    So...any ideas on just what happens next week? Tyler's "the largest penalty in the history of the show" has us curious, because what's worse than being sent home for cheating? (Which is what happened last year.)
    Good point. Litigation? I doubt that but I really cannot think of anything worse than being sent home for cheating.

Refresh my memory please. I remember this happened but I cannot recall the details or who it was.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Good point. Litigation? I doubt that but I really cannot think of anything worse than being sent home for cheating.

Refresh my memory please. I remember this happened but I cannot recall the details or who it was.
    Nevermind! I just scrolled up to see what happened. What I didnt see is how they managed to have $2700 extra.

FORT Fogey

This season continues to be a huge disappointment for me.

I don't enjoy watching people struggle with a food truck as a new experience.

The Grizzly Grits truck started out with the concept of pasta dishes and I don't think I have seen one yet.

Several trucks have ditched anything creative for tacos. Really? Huge cop out to buy a bunch of tortillas, cooked chickens and throw together what someone would do on a night they didnt want to cook!

I loved watching professional food truckers sell their well thought out, proven food.

The truck stops are pretty lame too. Pop Tarts?

I cannot even form long sentences when I talk about this show.
    mesachick likes this.

FORT Fogey

Another bad episode. Giving Poppa Waffle a $1000 advantage was ridiculous. AND the only thing I would order from any truck is the rice ball. All the rest of the food is mediocre at best.

Please bring back the old format and choose trucks with intertesting fare!
    Florimel likes this.

Without that advantage, Nonna's would have been in first. (And that's after Poppa Waffle got both a $1000 advantage AND the exclusive to be at the party.)

I actually didn't have a problem with the prize...it's part of the "game".

FORT Fogey

I am an excellent cook and a foodie. This season was not good for me but given what we have before us, I am disappointed that Poppa Waffle lost to those women. I really dont even know their name! So that says a lot about how much I am into this.

Food trucks are huge in the culinary field right now. They are sought out, reviewed by major critics and sought by foodies when traveling. There are even sites for those who want to travel to eat at them.

And we get 3 home cooks who make meatballs in the final 2???!!!!! Travisty! Seoul Sausage is good but still not at the level we have seen in the preivous seasons.

Huge thumbs down to this show.
    I am hoping they go back to having superior, established trucks compete. I would like to see this show on the level of Top Chef. They could easily do this and rise to be on the first page of this site! Okay, I will settle in a moment; I just watched this now. Breathing through my nose to lower blood pressure.

Who the hell wants to go to a food truck and eat meat balls with canned food poured on top?! Tomato sauce tastes like canned tomatoes because that is exactly what it is! Doesn't matter how much "home made' you put into it, you use canned tomatoes! Okay, I stopped breathing through my nose for a minute there.

Just poured myself a shot of whiskey. I am settled.
    Allie and Cornholio like this.

I missed the first 2 episodes (I didn't know it had started) and after watching episodes 3&4 I couldn't figure out what was different about the show- the food just seemed boring this year. I did a little research and found out that these people are new to the food truck business and not already established- it totally made sense after that! How many times did we see the same food each episode on previous seasons? Not many- it was usually new and different or at least a different take on something they already made. This year I think it has been meatballs, waffles w/strawberries, and waffle cookies and ice cream each and every episode. Boring!
    Shoepie likes this.

I am curious are any of the past winners still in business?
    There's no place like home!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    I am curious are any of the past winners still in business?
    The first 2 seasons people who were already in business competed with their own trucks. So unless they decided to do something else I think they are still in business. I am going to do some googling on this.

I know for a fact that the NomNom Truck is still well in business, I follow them on Twitter and they often post where they will be next.

I, for one, don't mind the newbie aspect this season. It barely played into it, except for maybe the menus not changing much, but I like seeing them start from the bottom up and not have advantages like connections and stuff. And I'm quite looking forward to tonight, not only because I feel both teams deserve to win, but also because finally both teams in the finals are genuinely likeable.
    Allie likes this.

+ Reply to Thread