+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: The Great Food Truck Race

FORT Fogey

Re: The Great Food Truck Race

I was glad to see the Lime truck win. Hodge Podge pressed burgers on the grill. THAT is a huge no no. Never press a burger, never.

Did anyone else watch the first episode tonight? Totally new teams...as in, so new they've never cooked in a food truck before. It was interesting watching them complete their first test.

I felt bad for the team that went home (then again, I would have felt bad no matter who it was).

I think the new idea for this season is really neat. I like that they're all just newbies with a food truck concept and I think the prize will really mean a lot to whoever ends up winning.
    I felt really bad for the team that went home, too. I got a little misty when they at the end there.

FORT Fogey

I just saw this thread! I am so glad I am not too late this season. I really like this show. Perhaps they will rerun the first episode.

I love this show. It made me want to go to the food trucks in Portland. BTW, the city has really gone all in with the concept. We now have food cart "pods," (one is called Cartlandia) where more than a dozen trucks park and you can graze from cart to cart.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

According to the TV Guide, the first episode will be on again:

- Thursday at 11 pm
    - Friday at 2 am
    - Saturday at 2 pm
    - Sunday at 7 pm
    Shoepie likes this.

FORT Fogey

I am disappointed this season. I don't like watching inexperienced people cook on TV. And I don't like Chopped because I don't like to see them struggle with unappealing ingredients. I want to see good food.

I much prefer to see established food trucks compete.

A pizza truck? Really? How boring. The pizza looked worse than what you can find in Florida! Very bad food of all kinds down here.

I would love a rice ball from Seoul Sausage, the only truck that seems to have any experienced cooks.

And to keep my bad attitude going , Italian food truck with meatballs and grilled cheese? Who wants to eat a meatball on the street? I will admit that I don't care for Italian food. Tomato sauce is meh for me. So there is that. It is just so common and mediocre unless you are lucky to have a good north Italian restaurant in your area.

I don't even get what Mama's Grizzley Grub is all about. Terrible name! They are all about pasta but bought chicken wings.

I will keep watching and hope they bring back the original format next season.

FORT Regular

I have to disagree with you a little bit, Shoepie. I don't think the cooks are inexperienced cooks, they are just inexperienced cooking in a food truck.

As much as the pizza may not have appealed to you, they did come in 2nd place the first two weeks.

What I don't like, is that the reason a foodtruck goes home isn't because of the quality of their food, but only because they happened to pick a spot that wasn't good for them the whole day. I wouldn't even have minded the idea of the trucks being booted and stuck where they are if they had known in advance and had to try and think about a spot that would be good all day and evening.

I prefer that they would put all the food trucks together in one area and make the challenges about cooking and how resourceful they can be with one or two odd ingredients (i.e., cactus).

I would have liked to know the sales results just from them all being at the ballpark and it was about nothing but the taste of their food.

I always DVR this show, but never rush to see it. It is kind of a show I keep on my DVR for days when I have nothing else to watch.

FORT Fogey

Neecy, I meant experienced in a commercial venture. I really loved watching the 'professionals' last year. We didn't have to watch the learning curve which I find boring.

I prefer the idea of the trucks being in the same area too. If I saw a bunch of trucks I would look at them all and go to the one that appealed to me. And I would hope I would be torn because of all the unique offerings.

I DVR this too and delete. There may be reasons the pizza guys came in second that had nothing to do with the food, too. One truck ran out of food, another was in the red, etc.

The Bhan Mi sandwich truck last year had their act so together it was fun to watch. And I wanted one of those! I enjoyed watching them all be creative with the truck stops with skill. It was more exciting, for me.

So...any ideas on just what happens next week? Tyler's "the largest penalty in the history of the show" has us curious, because what's worse than being sent home for cheating? (Which is what happened last year.)

+ Reply to Thread