+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: The Great Food Truck Race

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: The Great Food Truck Race

That "corn cake" thing that Lime Truck used looked like the fried cornbread that I've had, and I totally adore it!! One place I used to eat, that always had a line stretched out the door, used to serve them everyday (every meal) and you could get as many of them as you wanted, going back each time. It brought back fond memories of college days!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    I've seen comments elsewhere suggesting that the show somehow set Korilla up. I find that even less believable than Korilla trying to get an extra $2700 past the show's producers, because if the show/network got caught tampering with the results in such an obvious way, the fallout from that would have been huge. It just wouldn't have been worth the risk, particularly since I don't think it ultimately matters that much to the network who wins. I certainly don't think that Korilla was so wildly hated by the viewers that they needed to be pushed off the show to save it, which is about the only reason I can come up with for a network or show's producers bothering to risk the show and network's reputation to try and pull a fast one to get rid of them.
    I agree on the show NOT setting them up. This was an allegation for a UPN series called "Manhunt" where three people filed a lawsuit that there was refilming of the show to produce the winner the producers wanted, and not who won. Don't know if it ever went to court, but it effectively shut down any chance of it coming back.

Watching the show tonight (rerun before the new one later on), given that they didn't try to defend themselves to the allegations pretty much confirmed they did cheat and thought they could get away with it. I personally didn't like Lime Truck or Roxy's attitudes when I watched the full episode tonight (the new one), but I can say that they at least do cook and played fair. I have always felt if someone tries to cheat in game, and particularly one like this where there are videos filming them all the time (that "project runway" designer with the books also comes to mind), then you really don't have the skills you claim to have to get on these shows and are doing it to be a ... pardon me - fame hog. It really is shameful.

>>>>>>>>>>>>

Spoilers for tonight's episode...

As far as tonight's... not surprised with the outcome on who is ousted (that first day killed them), but it is cool that the team who would've been ousted had Korilla NOT cheated absolutely made the most of their second chance and won it and by a pretty decent amount. Also liked that while disappointed they didn't make finals Team Roxy did speak rather well of both and said there is a difference between game and real life - in that they'd support either teams post show. Could be just for TV, hopefully not, but still respectful to say regardless.

And I loved the one team - whichever one it was (I think Hodge Podge) who said they were practically stuffing the till - but with their very good sales that day and NOT the Korilla way.

FORT Fogey

I was actually fairly pleased with everyone's behavior tonight--all three teams seemed to have mellowed somewhat, and even when the head cooks got pulled out of the trucks, no one panicked to the point where it caused a problem. Chris, who earlier in the season seemed prone to bellowing at the women on his truck, very calmly explained what they needed to do, and after they had some initial anxiety, they pulled it together and amazingly won, despite the fact that I was sure they'd be most hurt by losing their head chef. And all three guys at the museum seemed to have a good time in spite of their nerves and were friendly enough with each other even though they're competitors. And yeah, Roxy's impressed me for the second time with their attitude at the end of the show (the first time was when they were about the only truck that had anything nice to say about Kansas, pointing out how wide open the landscape was and how decent the people were to them). They were, in fact, quite gracious about the loss, even though they might have been justifiably ticked off with themselves for going in with a $1000 advantage and still coming up around $2000 behind Hodge Podge. Heck, even the Lime Truck didn't seem as annoying as they usually are.

Maybe the Korilla truck was bothering them all for some reason and once they left, the remaining trucks were just relieved and more prone to being reasonable with one another.

Oh, yeah, and I even thought the initial challenge made more sense this week--give them all the same ingredients and see what they can do with them in thirty minutes. Kind of like the sort of Chopped! challenge I'd suggested earlier.
    Shoepie and Cornholio like this.

OK, was the fix in or what? Who would pay $35 for 3 desserts at breakfast let alone people at a food distributor? Only way I can see that happen is either a bunch of people wanted to get on TV or someone wanted advertisement.

Who won? My dvr was overbooked
    its_glinda_now likes this.
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

Quote Originally Posted by babymay View Post
    Lime truck, if you believe the comments and editing, by "about 5 minutes."

Quote Originally Posted by babymay View Post
    @ your dvr being "overbooked"! I love that, it sounds so fancy.

I didn't think I was rooting for any one team but found myself disappointed with the ending. I really felt Hodge was robbed. Lime Truck had a $1500 advantage because of the fish challenge. To me, Hodge's fish looked much better. The judge even commented that Lime's dish was very old-fashioned and nothing new, circa 1980. I'm not a fan of passing raw fish off as cooking. So to give Lime truck $1500 for winning that challenge seemed wrong to me. Maybe $500 would have been fine. Even $1000 and Hodge still would've won. I cry foul on this!

Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio View Post
    I didn't think I was rooting for any one team but found myself disappointed with the ending. I really felt Hodge was robbed. Lime Truck had a $1500 advantage because of the fish challenge. To me, Hodge's fish looked much better. The judge even commented that Lime's dish was very old-fashioned and nothing new, circa 1980. I'm not a fan of passing raw fish off as cooking. So to give Lime truck $1500 for winning that challenge seemed wrong to me. Maybe $500 would have been fine. Even $1000 and Hodge still would've won. I cry foul on this!
    ITA with everything you said, right down to not thinking I was rooting for anyone but realizing I was disappointed when Lime won.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

The episode where Korilla was caught cheating was the last I watched. I realized I just didn't care (though I guess I cared enough to check in here to see who won). If this show gets renewed, I hope they re-vamp it.

+ Reply to Thread