+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Thintervention with Jackie Warner

Re: Thintervention with Jackie Warner

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;4082269;
    I have a dislike for Joe. I know I can be quite snarky but I don't do it with everyone, there is a time and place but Joe comes across as very having no filter at all. His comments about all the other cast members are just plain mean and nasty. He claims it is his sense of humor. It's not.

The Bravo web site bio of Joe:

Thintervention with Jackie Warner - Bios - Joe | Bravo TV Official Site

He's is not a people person, while he is in that business. I don't think he does want a balance between his personal life and work. His comments (on the show) indicate he wants a quick fix.

What was really gross about last night's therapy session are his comments on how he picks up women. He and his buddies go to bars around 1am waiting for last call and pick up the drunkest female cause they know they will get lucky. Now that he has lost weight and feels he looks better he feels he can get better looking females. Does he understand how disgusting that all sounds. He is in his 40's, at least, I can't see him really changing his behavior. I can see him being incredibly verbally abusive in any relationship. It is pretty obvious he is totally demeaning to the rest of the female cast and he is not nice to Bryan either.
    Yeah, Joe is pretty slimey in a lot of ways. If he has trouble getting women, its not just because he was overweight. His attitude is just bad.
    Never understood why he's sooo mean to Stacy. And when he first got together w/his buddies at the bar, it was obvious that he wasn't looking for someone to enjoy spending time with but rather a quick lay and nothing more. All he did then, and again,later at the therapy/weigh-in session, was speak unbelievably disrespectful towards women. He can lose all the weight he wants but women are going to pick up on his disgusting attitude toward women in general and being thin or fat won't make any difference.

Not to mention the fact that he's way too old to have the attitude of a frat boy!
    Last edited by Dragonlady; 10-13-2010 at 03:20 AM.

week 6 stats:

"When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Next week is the finale. So 8 episodes all together.

week 7 stats:

Thanks for the stats Bearcata! I thought Stacy would have lost more this week - looked like she was really working it. How about when Jackie ordered all the junk at the table!? The reactions were interesting. I would have been upset too! Looking forward to the finale.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I liked the point that Jackie was making...that nobody is going to be there to police your choices, and it's strictly up to you. It's hard, especially after you've been through a grueling program like this one. We so like to reward our weight losses and body changes with whatever pleases us.

Nothing like the perception of depriving yourself for the rest of you life, huh? And everybody knows that perception IS reality!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Food shouldn't be the only reward. I do other things to avoid feeling deprived - manicures, pedicures, massages, facials, hair done, walks on the beach, buy something you want, go see a movie - but no popcorn! Of course, at times no reward is better than a box of Cella's chocolate covered cherries. The ones with the clear juice. Yum!

The finale is the result of a 13 wk or 91 day program.

Well, the finale was on last night. Jackie Warner is not a warm, fuzzy person and when she tries to be it comes across very forced.

The contestants did look good and I appreciated the up close head shots so you could really see the weight loss. Still I like the before and after shots in undies, front and side shots, those are the most dramatic. All the participants looked good in the final workout. The standouts, of course are Joe, Mandy and Bryan who all exceeded their goals. I like how Mandy also said her husband lost 20 lbs. Of course all the problem children did not reach their goals but I think their were breakthroughs as Shay did confess to starving and using laxatives and then binging. In an afterword, Jackie did mention that Jeana, Stacy and Nikki all continued to lose weight and met their goals, while Shay lost an additional 14lbs.

Joe and Bryan standout the most to me. Joe for losing 42lbs and adding muscle to his upper body. He looked great. Bryan lost 68 lbs in 13wks or 91 days and is under 200. Amazing.

FORT Fanatic

It's rather discouraging (if you're a woman) to see how much weight men can lose.

I watched long enough last night to see Jeana, and that was it. I don't care for Jackie AT ALL.

Yes, men do tend to lose faster than women.
    However, with anyone who has a lot of extra poundage on themselves, the weight loss will be fairly rapid at the beginning of a diet - assuming the individual is sticking to said diet.
    It's only later on when there's less weight to lose that people, especially women, slow down in losing the weight.

I thought Jackie was actually better last night than she was during the rest of the show. She actually looked happy and human in her remarks. Very different from how she usually seems.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread