+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Thintervention with Jackie Warner

Re: Thintervention with Jackie Warner

Quote Originally Posted by Boann;4077727;
    While I understand your frustration (I think, hope!) at people appearing to squander an opportunity that others would be grateful for, this is the first season of this show and people may not have known what they were getting into. A good kick in the butt may be all that is needed for some people, others will get royally pissed off if someone kicks them for any reason, even if it is meant to be good for them. They've just been (figuratively some literally) kicked too much in their lives.
    When one volunteers to go on to a reality TV show, one about weight loss, and one with Jackie Warner as the lead trainer,that will be on Bravo the home of the "Housewives" series I would expect a lot of contrived drama and stressful situations in return for the freebies of getting free personal training and being on TV. These people are utter naive fools if they thought it would be easy.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;4077944;
    I kind of like this show. The moderate pace of the program makes dieting and weight loss seem achievable.

Quote Originally Posted by Boann;4077434;
    Of course they were lying. Their results show that they haven't been following the plan as closely as Bryan or Mandy. BUT - so what? They were losing weight and they were losing it at a rate that is ultimately recommended by many people/doctors. Changing life habits is hard work. Some people do better with gradual change and some do better with an abrupt change. Think gradual withdrawal vs cold turkey for quitting smoking. At most I think that Jackie should have said, "Let's look at the positive - you are moving in the right direction. Ultimately your progress is going to reflect your choices." They know themselves what they have and haven't done, and whether the message applies to them. I think that her confrontational attitude is just getting everyone's back up. The only two people that are consistently hitting their goals are Bryan and Mandy. It is interesting to me that they are also the only two people in committed intimate relationships.
    I think a lot of people need Jackie's "tough love" attitude to get and stay motivated. It's not easy and it's not pleasant but otherwise, why would they change their ways? I don't think she is expecting extreme results so in some ways, they are progressing slowly. I think she's so hard on them because she thinks they will quit unless she keeps it up, especially Nikki and Jeana. She's been doing this long enough and seems educated enough to know what kind of results will happen, even given the differences in each individual's physiology.

I continue to marvel at Jeana's attitude....on everything. Does she have any emotions besides middle of the road? I've never seen her really upset or really happy. Nothing seems to faze her. I can understand why she stayed married to her husband for so long.

FORT Fan

I think that tough love mixed with a positive attitude toward the person can be very effective in motivating people. I think that tough love mixed with anger and shame is not effective. Jackie is angry when she calls people out and shamed them with a lie detector test. I just don't think that is a very effective way to motivate people.

Quote Originally Posted by Boann;4078214;
    I think that tough love mixed with a positive attitude toward the person can be very effective in motivating people. I think that tough love mixed with anger and shame is not effective. Jackie is angry when she calls people out and shamed them with a lie detector test. I just don't think that is a very effective way to motivate people.
    Remember this is a reality TV show not real life.

FORT Fogey

I can't help but think Mandy is hiding something. As the guy in the spice shop said, she looks tired. To me she looks emotionally warn. It seems as if her husband keeps her on a leash and that she is very submissive. I can't help but think she is at the end of this kind of thing. I hope the therapist talks to her about that.

I have a dislike for Joe. I know I can be quite snarky but I don't do it with everyone, there is a time and place but Joe comes across as very having no filter at all. His comments about all the other cast members are just plain mean and nasty. He claims it is his sense of humor. It's not.

The Bravo web site bio of Joe:

Thintervention with Jackie Warner - Bios - Joe | Bravo TV Official Site

Joe is a high-end event producer who owns his own international business. Joe was tired of his lifestyle and wanted to create a better balance between his work and personal life. In his spare time, Joe loves hanging out with his dog, going to the beach and reading. He also loves to cook and ultimately wants to have a healthier attitude to food and fitness so he can find someone to share his life with. His weight loss goal is 40 pounds.
    He is not a people person, while he is in that business. I don't think he does want a balance between his personal life and work. His comments (on the show) indicate he wants a quick fix.

What was really gross about last night's therapy session are his comments on how he picks up women. He and his buddies go to bars around 1am waiting for last call and pick up the drunkest female cause they know they will get lucky. Now that he has lost weight and feels he looks better he feels he can get better looking females. Does he understand how disgusting that all sounds. He is in his 40's, at least, I can't see him really changing his behavior. I can see him being incredibly verbally abusive in any relationship. It is pretty obvious he is totally demeaning to the rest of the female cast and he is not nice to Bryan either.

It's been 6 weeks since the cast has started their weight loss program with Jackie.

Their progress so far:

Name - lost/goal
    Bryan - 32/60
    Jeana - 11/25
    Joe - 19/40
    Mandy - 22/30
    Nikki - 18/50
    Shay - 20/50
    Stacy - 11/50

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;4082279;
    It's been 6 weeks since the cast has started their weight loss program with Jackie.

Their progress so far:

Name - lost/goal
    Bryan - 32/60
    Jeana - 11/25
    Joe - 19/40
    Mandy - 22/30
    Nikki - 18/50
    Shay - 20/50
    Stacy - 11/50
    Nikki did pretty good. I'll bet she surprised herself! Jeana hasn't done herself any favors by going on this show - for me anyway. Her heart isn't in it, and she comes off looking like she's on the show for media coverage only. Plus, after last night's show, I don't feel bad about her house situation. If she has chefs and drivers, etc. she isn't lacking.

Combined with submissive and enabling ways, she is not extremely likable.

I always felt that Jeana was an enabler and brought most of her problems upon herself, so not at all surprised that she's coming across that way. I never understood all the love for her on The Real Housewives to begin with.

As far as Mandy, I think she's someone who's always tried to be a people pleaser and nurturer.
    I think she's trying to regain her glory days - when she was a very young and lovely cheerleader. Probably a lot of the reason why she became a trophy wife to begin with. I hope that when she does lose her weight, she will feel better about herself, overall.

I'm actually very surprised about the various goal weights these people are shooting for. Jeana's goal weight is 149. That's still pretty large for her. Same with others.

I thought that Jackie gave the Pussycat challenge win to Stacey simply because it was 1 time where Stacey actually tried to do something. I give Stacey credit for that, but I felt the clear winner was Shay. She really looked terrific and could have been part of the Pussycat Dolls real performances. She wwas that good!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread