+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Thintervention with Jackie Warner

Re: Thintervention with Jackie Warner

Thanks for the update, Bearcata! The show still doesn't come on for another half hour here, but I'm beat and headed off to bed. Glad to know the results from the lie detector before I go to sleep! Curiosity is satisfied!

Personally, I can't this show, the host or the workouts. The only people I am rooting for are Bryan and Mandy and sometimes Bryan is not that nice and that is saying a lot among this cast.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Pounds lost after 5 wks:

(the second number is how much the contestant wants to lose in during this program which is 14 wks long).

Bryan - 26/60
    Jeana - 7/25
    Joe - 17/40
    Mandy - 19/30
    Nikki - 11/50
    Shay - 13/50
    Stacey - 13/50

There are 2 more weeks with Jackie then 7 weeks on their own.

Bryan, Joe and Mandy are on target to achieve or surpass their goals. The rest are not following the program. This was confirmed by the lie detector test. Loved how the test basically called out Shay for the liar she is.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

The lady who had the tirade...I could tell she was lying because she was going on and on too much.

I could tell that Jeanna was lying by the way she kept diverting her eyes to the side when she was asked a question.

Could these people be more obvious?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4077413;
    The lady who had the tirade...I could tell she was lying because she was going on and on too much.

I could tell that Jeanna was lying by the way she kept diverting her eyes to the side when she was asked a question.

Could these people be more obvious?
    That was Stacy. That sorta gave it away for me too.

FORT Fan

Of course they were lying. Their results show that they haven't been following the plan as closely as Bryan or Mandy. BUT - so what? They were losing weight and they were losing it at a rate that is ultimately recommended by many people/doctors. Changing life habits is hard work. Some people do better with gradual change and some do better with an abrupt change. Think gradual withdrawal vs cold turkey for quitting smoking. At most I think that Jackie should have said, "Let's look at the positive - you are moving in the right direction. Ultimately your progress is going to reflect your choices." They know themselves what they have and haven't done, and whether the message applies to them. I think that her confrontational attitude is just getting everyone's back up. The only two people that are consistently hitting their goals are Bryan and Mandy. It is interesting to me that they are also the only two people in committed intimate relationships.

I wish they'd give Nikki her own show. She's such a hoot.
    I agree that weight loss should be a slow, gradual process. However, these people have a lot of weight to lose and, at the beginning weeks, if they are truly following the program, their losses should be like those of Mandy. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out, Jackie.
    I do find Jackie's program an extremely difficult one for a person to do. It's obvious that Mandy and the other 2 who are actually losing, were pretty motivated to begin with. Jackie's extreme methods, IMO, are the very reason why most people fail at weight loss.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

These folks signed up for the process. In real life they would have paid for it. So why aren't they doing it. It's not forever only 7 wks with Jackie than 7 wks at home by themselves. If this was an easy process everyone would be fit and healthy, but it is not. Some of us need to be kicked in our butt. Otherwise these folks wouldn't sign up this and the Biggest Loser Ranch wouldn't exist. By the Biggest Loser Ranch I mean the one the public pays $1000 a wk to go to.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;4077694;
    These folks signed up for the process. In real life they would have paid for it. So why aren't they doing it. It's not forever only 7 wks with Jackie than 7 wks at home by themselves. If this was an easy process everyone would be fit and healthy, but it is not. Some of us need to be kicked in our butt. Otherwise these folks wouldn't sign up this and the Biggest Loser Ranch wouldn't exist. By the Biggest Loser Ranch I mean the one the public pays $1000 a wk to go to.
    While I understand your frustration (I think, hope!) at people appearing to squander an opportunity that others would be grateful for, this is the first season of this show and people may not have known what they were getting into. A good kick in the butt may be all that is needed for some people, others will get royally pissed off if someone kicks them for any reason, even if it is meant to be good for them. They've just been (figuratively some literally) kicked too much in their lives.

+ Reply to Thread