+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Thintervention with Jackie Warner

Re: Thintervention with Jackie Warner

Actually there have been recent studies that are saying crash diets are not as bad as have been thought. That people can keep off as much or more crash dieting as if losing slowly.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Last edited by Bearcata; 09-14-2010 at 09:58 PM.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

So Mandy and Bryan are about 1/3 of the way to their goals already....

Hey guys! I just got to watch it and it was really good.... yes, Nikki's comments are priceless and I love her accent too. In the first workout at the gym she says something like, "All I smell is armpits... all around." I wish there was a quote heading under this thread for some Nikki lines.

I agree that Jackie seems to lack empathy. Sometimes it just looks like she's thinking, "What a bunch of lazy fat ****s.... LOOK at MY abs!" She's definitely hardcore. I don't see what she's doing as rude or abusive though, these folks do need a kick in the pants.

This is the first weight-loss show for me, and I find the therapy part interesting. They're attacking the problem from all the angles. Is it just me or is the therapist lacking in empathy too? The contestant reveals something deeply personal to deafening silence and a blank look. She seems to be on the same page as Jackie.

Quote Originally Posted by Boann;4060998;
    That is also what I found disappointing about her reaction to this week's weight loss. Sure there were some people (i.e. Jeana) who slacked off and lost only a pound, but it was highly unlikely that they would as a group achieve the same results as the previous work. Yet Jackie seemed to believe that as a group they had slacked off and she threatened to be a real b#tch if they didn't improve.
    I agree. Different people lose weight in different ways and rates. Men always lose weight faster due to the larger muscle mass they have. I, personally, can go for a long time without losing much weight at all and then, bam, it starts falling off. It makes it hard to stay motivated that way but I've just learned to accept that it's my way. So people should never be compared to each other because we're all so different.

Anyone else notice how preoccupied Jeana is about sex? Almost everything she says, and she doesn't say much, revolves around sex. I think she would be so beautiful if she were thinner.....although I can't look at her without staring at that mole!! Why would anyone keep that thing on their face?? It's so distracting.

Quote Originally Posted by thedragonlady;4061093;
    I agree. Different people lose weight in different ways and rates. Men always lose weight faster due to the larger muscle mass they have. I, personally, can go for a long time without losing much weight at all and then, bam, it starts falling off. It makes it hard to stay motivated that way but I've just learned to accept that it's my way. So people should never be compared to each other because we're all so different.

Anyone else notice how preoccupied Jeana is about sex? Almost everything she says, and she doesn't say much, revolves around sex. I think she would be so beautiful if she were thinner.....although I can't look at her without staring at that mole!! Why would anyone keep that thing on their face?? It's so distracting.
    Funny I don't remember seeing a mole. A bit of a related side bar, on season 1 of Oxygen's Dance Your Ass Off, one of the contestants, Alicia, had a huge mole on her upper lip that was really distracting. In fact, by the end of the show someone had put up a website about her mole. So where is Jeana's?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Her mole is near the bottom of her face, near her chin on the right side. Yuck! And some people have never even thought about going to the dermatologist! That thing could be quickly removed. I take it that it doesn't bother her. Wonder if they airbrushed it out in her Playboy shot?

And, isn't rapid weight loss sending you in the direction of gall bladder surgery? Why set yourself up for something that you don't have to have?

I'd rather lose a pound or two or none than gain. Those are all successes to me.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

episode 3 has aired and I just watched the last half. Caught Stacy, Nikki, Bryan and Joe at dinner. Yuck, Nikki and Joe are like the mean girls in high school but taken to another level. Very unlikeable and just mean, nasty people. I don't find them funny at all, just thoroughly disgusting and demeaning to other.

Jackie is in tears during the therapy session, convinced that all her clients are lying to her and cheating on their diets. Still it is week 3 and this is usually when your body reacts harshly to what you are doing to it. Happens all the time on Biggest Loser. Still I do question Jeana who has only lost 1 lb this week and only 1 lb last week. What gives?

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;4065519;

Jackie is in tears during the therapy session, convinced that all her clients are lying to her and cheating on their diets. Still it is week 3 and this is usually when your body reacts harshly to what you are doing to it. Happens all the time on Biggest Loser. Still I do question Jeana who has only lost 1 lb this week and only 1 lb last week. What gives?
    I actually found that uncomfortable to watch and may not see any more episodes. I also don't think that it is necessary to work people to the point of needing to be told to sit down because they are shaking and having trouble with their balance. I thought that I would give Jackie another go even though I was unhappy with her behavior that the end of her Work Out series. This is the incident where she and a staff member were mocking a trainer's client who had breast implants and it turned out that the client had had breast cancer. Jackie refused to apology or accept any responsibility and claimed the comments were basically from the staff person even though the film showed otherwise. I don't think she has learned anything.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

If you are shaking and having trouble with your balance your blood sugar may be too low... if you are working with quite overweight people it's likely that they have blood sugar issues...
    And re the breast cancer patient...wow, disgusting if there is no apology.

+ Reply to Thread