+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Thintervention with Jackie Warner

Re: Thintervention with Jackie Warner

beginning stats:

Last edited by Bearcata; 09-11-2010 at 02:30 AM.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Wish they would put the heights there also, height makes a pretty big difference.

Just saw the first episode tonight, liked it. Nikki is a riot & all the personalities are fun. Count me in!

Is there an HD version of Bravo?

With the exception of Biggest Loser and Celebrity Fit Club, weight loss shows like Money Hungry and Thintervention don't mention people's heights and I do agree that is important. Even Dance Your Ass Off could be half a$$ed about information like that.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I've never been a fan of exercise where people like to verbally abuse you and scream at you, and torture you. I've got to have fun when I'm exercising or I'm not going to do it. My friends have accused me of being a princess, but you just cannot talk to me any old way, and get a positive response from me. Nobody ever did that throughout my life, and I will not pay you to do it. I just think there's something wrong with people who don't mind being talked to like these people do.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4059320;
    I've never been a fan of exercise where people like to verbally abuse you and scream at you, and torture you. I've got to have fun when I'm exercising or I'm not going to do it. My friends have accused me of being a princess, but you just cannot talk to me any old way, and get a positive response from me. Nobody ever did that throughout my life, and I will not pay you to do it. I just think there's something wrong with people who don't mind being talked to like these people do.
    To get the best results, sometimes you need to push on and do more than you're comfortable with doing. When you're ready to stop and believe you can't do anything more... someone yelling at you to keep going can make you work harder than you ever thought possible.

I have paid for "boot camp" classes where the participants get yelled at. They work! And you feel great afterwards about what you've done. The boot camp I go to is taught by Sarge and Joy. They were on Wifeswap - it's Brown/Holland Wifeswap on Hulu. Sarge and Joy are hardcore! Yeah, there must be something wrong with me.

FORT Fogey

Count me in, too. I liked the show and the contestants. I'll be really curious to see how Jackie's methods differ from those of The Biggest Loser. I like that Jackie addresses both nutrition and psychology in her program.

TBL covers nutrition with the contestants, but the viewers see little of it (and hence don't get to learn about it). I'm not sure about counseling or therapy....I don't believe I've ever heard any of the contestants talk about it, so I'm guessing that it isn't a component of their experience on the ranch.

I like Jeanna better here than on RHoOC. One thing she desperately needs to realize is that it always takes two to tango. Her husband, and now her boys, may say cruddy things, but she lets them. Talk about enabling.....she really needs to take responsibility for not allowing those kinds of things into her life.

Sidenote: I loved Jackie's emphasis on eliminating sugar. I've been trying to lose weight for awhile now (with some decent success). I never realized how much sugar I eat in a day until I started countig calories more closely. Most comes from liquids (juices, Gatorade, and sugar in my coffee). Add it all up, and it was the source of about 1/4-1/3 of my daily caloric intake (if not more). I haven't gotten to the point of eliminating it, but I've cut back alot. I do feel better without it and I don't crave it as much anymore. I was kind of surprised about that.
    Last edited by Jexter; 09-12-2010 at 11:08 PM.

I know a couple who have done FA, Food Addicts Anonymous, and that food program eliminates sugar from their food program. Both have successfully lost 60 lbs and kept it off. But from knowing this couple for quite a few yrs being off sugar really stabilizes their mood swings and they are much nicer off the sugar. The FA program teaches you to read labels and to make sure that you eat nothing with "ose" in it if it is in the top 5 ingredients of a food. "ose" meaning fructose, glucose, any of the sugars and especially HFCS, which is high fructose corn syrup. In the 80's when the price of regular sugar went sky high food manufacturers started substituting HFCS for sugar. HFCS is in everything. The Trouble with HRCS is that your brain does not react the same way it does as to real sugar. The "I am full" switch does not go off in your brain and you keep on eating. That is the same with aspartame, a sugar subsitute that is in a lot of diet or low fat food especially diet sodas.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;4059854;
    I know a couple who have done FA, Food Addicts Anonymous, and that food program eliminates sugar from their food program. Both have successfully lost 60 lbs and kept it off. But from knowing this couple for quite a few yrs being off sugar really stabilizes their mood swings and they are much nicer off the sugar. The FA program teaches you to read labels and to make sure that you eat nothing with "ose" in it if it is in the top 5 ingredients of a food. "ose" meaning fructose, glucose, any of the sugars and especially HFCS, which is high fructose corn syrup. In the 80's when the price of regular sugar went sky high food manufacturers started substituting HFCS for sugar. HFCS is in everything. The Trouble with HRCS is that your brain does not react the same way it does as to real sugar. The "I am full" switch does not go off in your brain and you keep on eating. That is the same with aspartame, a sugar subsitute that is in a lot of diet or low fat food especially diet sodas.
    This is good to know. Thanks for sharing.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I've just never responded well to people who talk nasty to me. My family didn't do it, and I just never learned to put up with it. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have made it in military service basic training. I've just always found that I work myself harder, or as hard as I've needed to, if I'm having a good time. Cornholio, I never meant to imply that there is something wrong with you....my apologies. I'm just wired differently, I guess.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4060440;
    I've just never responded well to people who talk nasty to me. My family didn't do it, and I just never learned to put up with it. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have made it in military service basic training. I've just always found that I work myself harder, or as hard as I've needed to, if I'm having a good time. Cornholio, I never meant to imply that there is something wrong with you....my apologies. I'm just wired differently, I guess.
    In the real world, personal trainers would never keep any clients if they yelled at them the way Jillian Michael (of Biggest Loser) or Jackie Warner does. Even the Boot Camps I have attended any "yelling" was more in the form of "Go for it", "you can do it", "10 more seconds".

+ Reply to Thread