+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What Would You Do? (ABC)

Re: What Would You Do? (ABC)

every time I have watched this show I always seem to catch it when they play the race card scenarios and I am so sick and tired of shows that display it. I still find this show some what fake, funny how I can see worse scenarios out on the "streets" and yet no one comes to help anyone but "someone" always stands up in these place.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniacal1;4033208;
    I agree. How many time are we gonna see the bridal shop/wedding dress scenario? I think this show needs to dig deep and probably come on less actually. I mean the experts tell us why we as humans behave as we do(ie looking to others to see what to do when in doubt) so i doubt we'll see much deviation from that in the various scenarios. So unless they can come up with more compelling scenes the show itself is becoming a boring repeat of just a few types of different scenarios only played thru different and not so different scenes.
    They've had the bridal shop scenario once on True Beauty and twice so far on this show. They had the guy driving drunk once on True Beauty, and that scenario twice on this show. There's a third scenario they repeat... it's about someone who sees a friend who appears to be cheating on a spouse. Doesn't the show have a creative consultant? They ask viewers to send in their ideas. Haven't they gotten much of a response from viewers?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by dreamonia;4033255;
    every time I have watched this show I always seem to catch it when they play the race card scenarios and I am so sick and tired of shows that display it. I still find this show some what fake, funny how I can see worse scenarios out on the "streets" and yet no one comes to help anyone but "someone" always stands up in these place.
    They've shown some scenarios that I don't think have ever occured in public. There was an overweight woman sitting on a bench, and three older teenage girls were shouting insults at the woman. Then they did that scenario with three older teenage boys making fun of the woman. It didn't seem realistic. They had three older teen girls who were loudly making fun of a fourth girl. I've never seen that scenario in public because people hang out with those that are like themselves. They had one scenario of an older teen girl buying birth control pills. Are strangers supposed to get involved? I saw a race card scenario. There was a Muslim woman in a bakery in Texas. The actor/employee behind the counter was shouting loud enough for everyone to hear that he wouldn't serve the woman because she was the "enemy," or something like that. It seemed contrived, fake. The producers of the show seem to have any agenda that they are trying to push.

It just seems like this show is on everyday & they are repeating episodes from the last 3 years. I think I've seen all of them at least twice now.
    Phil: Claire likes to say "You can be part of the problem, or part of the solution." But I happen to believe you can be both. Modern Family

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by pfeifferdcat;4036384;
    It just seems like this show is on everyday & they are repeating episodes from the last 3 years. I think I've seen all of them at least twice now.
    They had another unrealistic segment. A shoeless young man was sitting on the grass in a park, wailing, and picking his toes. They wanted to see if people who had just been told about a Good Samaritan would help. When people had enough time, they helped. But, I've never seen that type of scenario. I think most people who need help act more subdued. But, the show wanted a dramatic segment. The second and third segments were a restuarant scenario about a flirting waitress, which I didn't watch. The fourth segment was about domestic violence. That behavior is ingrained. If strangers tried to help, the woman likely would go back to the abusive guy.

FORT Fogey

On the most recent show, there was overweight adult actress and and overweight child actress, with a grocery cart filled with junk food. There was another actress with a grocery cart filled with vegetables. All of the actors got into a loud, contrived argument in a grocery store. They must have had an actress with a grocery cart filled with vegatables start an argument, because no shoppers would likely ever make any comments to someone with a grocery cart filled with junk food. The scenarios are completely fake, and loud. The show is getting worse and worse all the time.

What this show has taught me that, in case of an emergency, I have myself to rely on myself. Especially in highly populated areas such as a mall. I am a single person who goes practically everywhere alone, if I'm not with my boyfriend. Sometimes I find myself putting myself on ultra high alert even when the situation calls for it. I thank God that I've learned self defense to protect myself.

Also this show has taught me to GET INVOLVED. "Do unto others..." rings true with me in this respect.
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Kocky_Kamikaze;4106483;
    What this show has taught me that, in case of an emergency, I have myself to rely on myself. Especially in highly populated areas such as a mall. I am a single person who goes practically everywhere alone, if I'm not with my boyfriend. Sometimes I find myself putting myself on ultra high alert even when the situation calls for it. I thank God that I've learned self defense to protect myself. Also this show has taught me to GET INVOLVED. "Do unto others..." rings true with me in this respect.
    That's who I rely on in an emergency... myself. The woman with the grocery cart filled with junk food... I have my own struggles trying to "eat right." I buy vegetables, but end up throwing most of them out. I would not want a stranger to lecture me about what I should or shouldn't eat.

FORT Fogey

On the most recent episode which took place near a beach, a man was yelling at his wife about not wearing a bikini because she was a few pounds overweight. I don't think it would help if strangers got involved. Another scenario was about children on leashes. The mother tied a child to a parking meter, said "sit" to the child, and walked into a store. They used an older child because they said older children can take direction easier. That's not a realistic scenario: nobody would ever go to the trouble of putting a leash on their child, then leave the child outside a store... since the purpose of a leash is to keep a child from wandering away from a parent. Of course they had to leave the child outside a store, because they wouldn't be able to get comments from people if a child was on a leash with a parent inside a store.

I watched the show for the second time.
    As far as the leashing portion, I've never seen anyone do that before, but I have heard of far too may people leave their kids and / or dogs in the car with no windows open.
    Now, that is something that, If I saw it, would have to call both the police and CPS on it.
    I was very concerned that only 1 person seemed to say something to the doctors who were getting drunk on their way to their next surgery. I was very surprised that only the 1 woman came forward.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast