+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dating in the Dark 2010

Dating in the Dark 2010

Yes folks! It's back!!
    Last Summer's other guilty pleasure is back for another go round. The previews look like it may be trashier & tackier than ever.
    I'm not a fan of most of the summer reality shows, but this one is just tacky enough to make it entertaining & funny. I also like that there's new people each episode, making each show self inclusive. If some Summer fun comes up, it's no big deal to miss it. It's also fun to discuss afterwards.
    Enjoy!!!
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Re: Dating in the Dark 2010

I enjoyed last season even though few "relationships" survived the reveals.

I liked the premise of this show. Interesting to see how people react to each other without seeing what they look like. I think we're all greatly influenced by looks, bad or good.
    It didn't really pan out to be such a good study on this theory but I still watched it.

After watching the first episode I got one thing to say to Joey, SCUM! No woman would want to date a jerk who makes judgments on their weight, appearance or anything else that will lower their self esteem.
    Last edited by Jackieblue824; 08-09-2010 at 11:35 PM.
    The Bachelorette: Ali Fedotowsky

FORT Newbie

Just watched this show for the 1st time tonight and i love it. It just goes to re-enforce my belief that women are more superficial than men!! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniacal1;4031815;
    Just watched this show for the 1st time tonight and i love it. It just goes to re-enforce my belief that women are more superficial than men!! lol
    Egomaniacal1! Isn't that funny? I found it to be true last season as well. With the obvious exception of the disgusting Joey, the women on this episode were much more concerned with looks. What was up with that one almost not meeting Storm on the balcony because he has an earring!? I thought he was actually much more attractive that she was, so I couldn't believe she'd even hesitate. He's a doll.

All of Joey's talk about women blowing up like ticks was just beyond offensive. I'm sure he didn't have the sense to realize how incredibly boorish he is. Generally, even the thinnest and most fit woman wouldn't want to be with someone who spouts that kind of crap. He's a total loser. I love that, even after she asked the other guy out on a date, Joey still thought she was into him.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Newbie

Wsup Critical! Thanks so much for the welcome, i totally LOVE reality tv so i think i've found a good home here to dish.

I do think you are spot on about how last season reinforced that belief much more now that i have just downloaded and watched all 6 episodes of last season. So many women walking away for such trivial reasons and i think most women just talked themselves into not liking a guy if they had any minor reservations whereas the flipside is that the men who seemed to be on the fence the most would at least take the chance...the risk even...to step out on the balcony.

Also i do think it was hilarious how oblivious Joey was even after spouting his truthful if not rude and crass opinion about bigger girls. I think as a guy he was just trying to be honest but he lacked all tact and rambled on about it far to long about it and ended up shooting himself in the foot hard.

My daughter talked me into watching this with her. I told her I really didn't want to see another skeevy dating show. But I was pleasantly surprised! I liked all of the contestants - I think Joey will learn something from this - and it was great to see a former nerd attract TWO of the girls! I'm glad he went with his first choice, though. Does anyone know if these couples are still seeing each other?
    Stay tuned for "Dancing with the Dancers"!

Quote Originally Posted by Beachmom;4033098;
    My daughter talked me into watching this with her. I told her I really didn't want to see another skeevy dating show. But I was pleasantly surprised! I liked all of the contestants - I think Joey will learn something from this - and it was great to see a former nerd attract TWO of the girls! I'm glad he went with his first choice, though. Does anyone know if these couples are still seeing each other?
    Re the Bold in your post: I doubt someone like boorish conceited Joey will ever learn from this. Let him stick to the gym rat girls with thin bodies where he trains cause that's what only seems important to him.
    Very few "tick" in the gym. Couldn't believe how often he repeated that!

The one thing missing from this show is a few seconds at the end where they let us know what happened when the cameras stopped rolling. Sure, they could all have just parted ways at the end of the driveway, but it would be fun to see if any of them actually made a go of it. I thought sure they'd make that change after last season and was kind of surprised that they didn't.

ITA that Joey probably learned nothing from this experience. Guys like him rarely do.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast