+ Reply to Thread
Page 72 of 207 FirstFirst ... 22626364656667686970717273747576777879808182122172 ... LastLast
Like Tree1044Likes

Thread: MasterChef

Re: MasterChef

I like her as well JohnnyK
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Was there no episode tonight? Is there one tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Was there no episode tonight? Is there one tomorrow?
    No They showed previews for next week. I forgot and was all ready to tune in. I think its down to once a week now.
    -Andy Rooney-

Never too old to Twinkle! AZChristian's Avatar

All-Star game tonight.

Thank You AZ. I didn't know. So will it be on next week? I like it being on twice a week.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    The 3 most difficult fishes to cook, Rock fish, John Dory, & Catfish were given to Monti, Becky and Frank respecitvely. They ended up having the top dishes. The easiest fishes to cook, Tuna, Salmon and Yellowtail were given to Tali, Christine, and David respectively and they all ended up bottom 3? How ironic! I don't know what's wrong with Felix but she declined immunity before and then she took a Snapper instead of selecting the easiest fish to cook. I understand she loves to cook and she wants to challenge herself but if one is given an advantage, one should take it. Why put yourself in a situation that could put you up for elimination? If she really want to take 250k and her own cookbook then it's worth taking it. Either she's confident in her skills that she can beat all of them or just being dumb.
    Monti had the John Dory and Becky the Rock Fish.

And I don't recall Tali getting tuna but another fish that was so sweet flesh that the mustard was going to kill it.

other than that - you're spot on and I agree. You do not give up immunity to cook - in fact, last season's winner nearly was eliminated doing that.
    TripleGemini likes this.

Tali had Artic Char I believe.
    -Andy Rooney-

Now that Tali is gone, the only other one I really want gone also is David. Then it should be a good contest.
    None of the others annoy me so it'll be very enjoyable for me then.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rembrant View Post
    I do genuinely like Monti. She's kind of rough around the edges but not mean, unless they talk crap or give her attitude, in which she can give it right back. Reminds me a bit of Sandra from Survivor, how ironic both are Puertorican, guess we just don't take guff from nobody, hehe. And I am not surprised she did well with the John Dory, since I remember the judges mentioning just how long it was taking her to filet that fish. So it means she really took her time to filet it as carefully as possible, and who knows, she probably has read about how to do so. Once the tedious and meticulous process was done, she just had to cook it right and add some flavor in there.

I do think people are undestimating her, which is dumb, as she's proven to be skilled and work well under pressure. I was not surprised that Blowhard Becky kept talking smack, but I was surprised at seeing Felix be so catty, especially since she's screwed up far worse than Monti ever has. Christine did chuckle a bit on her dish's visual description from Becky and did mention Monti not burning anything this time, but somehow hers did not really sound malicious. I was very satisfied, I must admit, seeing Felix's dish fail and Gordon pretty much tell everyone he doesn't care if Monti memorizes recipes so long as she can cook good food. I admit that Felix and Becky bitching about how Monti "is not Masterchef material because she memorizes recipes", that was seriously ticking me off. Everybody memorizes recipes! From cooking shows, cook books, even from friends and especially from family, and any of those contestants who say otherwise is a hypocrite.

I was bummed to see Christina in the bottom, but I understood why, as her fish looked wrong, even through the tv screen the panko looked totally raw. Seems the simplicity of the fish flummoxed her and she was unsure of what to do, so in trying to keep it too simple, she fumbled and drop the ball. Thankfully, it was obvious she wasn't gonna go home, as it was her first time in the bottom, whereas it was David's second time (I'm not counting pressure tests here) in the bottom two and Tali's fourth, and Tali's dish was just a huge disaster. Thank goodness that hack is done! Now I just hope she can bounce back and impress once again, she's my favorite, alongside Monti.
    It was odd how much the salmon tripped up Christina! It's such an easy fish! And, then she did the unthinkable and breaded it. Panko or regular, who breads salmon? It's such a beautiful fish that it will be amazing with a drizzle of olive oil, some garlic salt, and lemon. It's almost impossible to screw up! I just keep wondering why she struggled. Maybe just an off-night...

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders View Post
    It was odd how much the salmon tripped up Christina! It's such an easy fish! And, then she did the unthinkable and breaded it. Panko or regular, who breads salmon? It's such a beautiful fish that it will be amazing with a drizzle of olive oil, some garlic salt, and lemon. It's almost impossible to screw up! I just keep wondering why she struggled. Maybe just an off-night...
    I only use Panko on a fish like Basa. Salmon and Panko did seem an odd choice, and all I kept thinking, was how dry that yummy salmon must have tasted.
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread