+ Reply to Thread
Page 67 of 207 FirstFirst ... 17575859606162636465666768697071727374757677117167 ... LastLast
Like Tree1044Likes

Thread: MasterChef

Re: MasterChef

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    I think Anna was the right choice. She's been under the radar to this point, and then blew it when she stepped up, and blew it in both challenges. Tanya's pasta was awful too, but she just came off of winning a challenge, so she was the right one to keep, I think.
    I think this is the difference between Top Chef and MasterChef; Top Chef, Tanya would have gone home, because it seems like her dish had more mistakes in it than just bad pasta. Then again, editing makes it hard to tell.
    Revenge is ice cream.

I personally thought Anna made more mistakes than Tanya, from making her dough in the food processor to piercing her tortellinis. This last one seemed to me the worst of the mistakes, because I think it's extremely basic stuff that if you got any type of stuffed pasta that you need to cook in water (as in ravioli and tortellini), then you want to make sure water stays out of what you stuffed the pasta with. Anyone who doesn't know that deserves to go home.

David really has gotten very annoying ever since the first team challenge where he blew it as leader and basically just stood around, apparently throwing the challenge instead of trying his best. Becky has been annoying for a while, and lately so have Josh and Stacey. Stacey for getting too smug as of late, and Josh and Becky because I hate it when contestants get all self-important and start spewing off about how "I can't believe the judges choose that dish when mine is obviously better", or "I'm so angry at being in this pressure test and this other person isn't, they deserve to be here and not me". I seriously despise overly smug stuff like that, and both Josh and Becky are guilty of it. Then there's also useless Tali, making for a total of 5 out of 11 players left that I don't particularly like, which is ironic, because I'm finding this season to be better than the second one so far.

I think my favorite part of last night's episode was during the part where Joe was teaching the contestants in the pressure test how to make tortellini, those up in the balcony were paying attention like hawks, clinging to every word, and even Josh showing Christine the appropriate finger movements to make the tortellini shape (I may not like Josh's ego, but this was a reall sweet gesture). That's quite smart, one never knows when such lessons may come in handy during the competition.

FORT Fanatic

This is a long shot, but I"m wondering if Anna put the hole in the tortellini thinking it might cook faster, since she was running out of time. Is a mushy inside better than a raw one?

Quote Originally Posted by Rembrant View Post
    I personally thought Anna made more mistakes than Tanya, from making her dough in the food processor to piercing her tortellinis. This last one seemed to me the worst of the mistakes, because I think it's extremely basic stuff that if you got any type of stuffed pasta that you need to cook in water (as in ravioli and tortellini), then you want to make sure water stays out of what you stuffed the pasta with. Anyone who doesn't know that deserves to go home.
    Yeah, processing the dough makes it tough to cook - and eat. Hearing it make the sound it did when cutting - even raw - was bad. Even that Bertolli stuff doesn't make that sound and it's somewhat fresh.

Puncturing tortellini also doesn't allow for proper cooking of the pasta and makes the insides soggy. So yes, while Tanya's didn't look pretty at least hers was cooked properly.

I hate it when contestants get all self-important and start spewing off about how "I can't believe the judges choose that dish when mine is obviously better", or "I'm so angry at being in this pressure test and this other person isn't, they deserve to be here and not me". I seriously despise overly smug stuff like that, and both Josh and Becky are guilty of it. Then there's also useless Tali, making for a total of 5 out of 11 players left that I don't particularly like, which is ironic, because I'm finding this season to be better than the second one so far.
    This is a huge pet peeve of mine too - I'm like "there is no 'I' in team and while yes there is a M and E, they are not together so it's still not individual. You blew it because you didn't work as a team, and you get punished as a team."

Same with the mystery box challenges - I think "your dish is better, then why are you not going head to head with the trio in an actual restaurant?"

I will admit though these guys haven't pulled the stunt of eating their dish in front of the judges. After that incident last year, I don't think the judges will let that go again.

I think my favorite part of last night's episode was during the part where Joe was teaching the contestants in the pressure test how to make tortellini, those up in the balcony were paying attention like hawks, clinging to every word, and even Josh showing Christine the appropriate finger movements to make the tortellini shape (I may not like Josh's ego, but this was a reall sweet gesture). That's quite smart, one never knows when such lessons may come in handy during the competition.
    Josh I think in spite of ego respects what Christine has done and doesn't want to beat her by not letting her learn. That is a sign of respect to let someone with a handicap compete on equal terms.

Mind you - I do NOT think her handicap is why their team won. Their dish looked really, REALLY good IMHO and I was a little surprised that they were second.

Tali needs to shut the hell up, or, better yet, go away. Happy he gets put in his place for being a mess.

At this point, Monti has got to be a plant; stuff blows up and burns all around her, and she's still in the top? That, or she's the goddess of destruction. Can't tell which one it is.

Mike giving props to Christine was a sweet thing to do.
    Revenge is ice cream.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

All the UTR nice people are getting the boot. I wanted Tanya to make it far. Now we've only got the villains or OTTs.

Quote Originally Posted by HaikenEdge View Post
    Tali needs to shut the hell up, or, better yet, go away. Happy he gets put in his place for being a mess.

At this point, Monti has got to be a plant; stuff blows up and burns all around her, and she's still in the top? That, or she's the goddess of destruction. Can't tell which one it is.

Mike giving props to Christine was a sweet thing to do.
    I agree it was really nice. What I noticed this week as in last, the persons food that they spit out or wave their arms over and throw out, doesn't seem to be the person who goes home. Why was Tali not bottom 3? And why Mike when David's dish they threw out?
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    All the UTR nice people are getting the boot. I wanted Tanya to make it far. Now we've only got the villains or OTTs.
    I did as well, but Tanya looked very lost . But they do like the drama. Monti gets on my nerves, every single time they go to make anything..She says I dont know what I am going to do.She makes a really big mistake, and they love whatever she makes.( a plant) I just dont like her
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

I like Monty and always have. I don't think she is a plant, she is not a professional chef. She has an agent who probably brought her to this shows attention. She wants exposure anyway she can get it to increase her stand up audiences. And I really do believe she wants a food truck. What a perfect job to have until her comedy career clicks in, if it ever does. All reality shows like to have interesting personalities, entertainment first. And most contestants go on for exposure for something. If you win, great but if you don't see where you can take it. She is clearly one of the better cooks.

Tanya is young and too emotional; that must have figured into her dismissal. Nowhere have they stated, like Top Chef, that they are judged on the dish in front of them. All 3 of them are always watching.

Stacy is becoming one of my least favorites the more she pits herself against Becky. Becky should definately tone down her glee when she wins!

David and Tali will be gone soon.

Right now I see Monti, Becky and Frank (?) as the final 3.

I am cheering for Frank.I really like him .The others, not so much
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread