+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 207 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272868118 ... LastLast
Like Tree1044Likes

Thread: MasterChef

Re: MasterChef

Quote Originally Posted by Rembrant View Post
    I despise Max too. Cocky, arrogant, snooty, condescending, too full of himself, constantly putting down others. Plus there was his sabotaging the team's burgers just because he didn't like the trucker fellow. Yes, I don't see that as a mistake or him not knowing any better, I see it as a calculated attempt at sabotage. Whatever skills he may have, his immaturity and douchey behavior will eventually catch up to him.

I also dislike that Christine girl. She comes across as a crass, trashy drunk. Everybody else I like so far, with Alejandra and Derrick being my favorites.
    I like Derrick and Christian alot. For me thats what the show is about, guys like them who surprise you with their cooking making you wonder how in the heck did they learn this? Sad about Tony going, he really was a surprise as well, rough truck driver who can cook elegant food! AS for Max, if he wins I will not watch any further seasons of this show. He is a brat.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

It always surprises me to see kids like Max with all the finer things in life handed to them. Obviously his parents raised him to appreciate food, keep himself looking good and dressing well. I'm sure after his 'Paris' comment he is also well traveled and is currently getting himself an education at a nice college. He probably also knows which fork to use when their are 8 of them lined up at a fine dining establishment. All this and he has managed to get to 18 years old and no one bothered to teach him manners? How does that happen? In my life I've come across many snooty rich people that do nothing other than look down their nose at you. It still surprises me that no one has taught them what generally accepted social behaviour is and how to be kind to a fellow human being even if they are not at the same economic level. I will say that so far all of Max's comments have been said to the camera and not directly to his competitors, but I'm not sure that wins him a whole lot of points with the viewing audience and it would seem that the competitors have all figured him out already anyway.

Ok so here it is... I like Max! *ducks* I think he's quite amazing for an 18 year old, and he's extremely confident in what he does. The people skills will come as he gets older. My step daughter was just like him, and she was far from being rich. He certainly had zero problem owning his mistakes in the team challenge, he never got ruffled, and he was actually a good leader at the start. He might be putting down people, but honestly, is he putting them down, or making observations. Tony did do poorly afterall, and Suzy, well she's like a female Max lol. Suzy definitely thinks she's better than anyone else there and tells us that fact quite often. I find myself rooting for Max and hoping he'll learn some more social finesse along the way.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

I'm with you Mesa. I actually like Max for his competence, and while her certainly comes off as cocky, he certainly has the goods to back it up, so I have less of a problem with him than say, Suzie, who basically said on the previous episode that there was something wrong with the judging, effectively putting her own opinion above that of Ramsey, Bastianich and Elliot; that to me makes her worse than Max at the moment, since Max has never really said that the judging was wrong on any level, just that he felt he deserved some recognition for his skills.

re: Manners, I think they're overrated. Yes, it's nice to have them, but ultimately, in most creative avenues, it's not so much about how you communicate with people as much as how much of a genius you are in the field. A lot of creative geniuses were notable difficult to deal with and were poorly mannered, yet that never got in the way of their advancement in the field, and people rarely even give them flak for it.

I personally felt Tony should have done better; yes, Max might just be 18, but ultimately, he's your supervisor, and in any other situation, disobeying him would lead to at least a stern verbal reprimand, if not downright termination. Furthermore, he proved himself Tony's superior in the previous challenge, so to me, it feels like Tony let his pride get in the way of doing what was necessary. In a sense, not sad to see him go, because I really saw him as passive-aggressive, which would never do in a team environment.
    Hyper likes this.
    Revenge is ice cream.

I wanted to like Max, truly I did, because the enemy of my enemy is my friend and I hate Suzy. But really, he is just way too much of a d-bag to tolerate. And given that it is entirely possible to be talented, even a genius, and not be a vicious little jerk, I'm going to throw my approval elsewhere.
    spockwhat likes this.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Here's my thoughts on Max:
    1. he reminds me of the twins on Social network, priviledged & spoiled
    2. This is reality TV, so you never know what the producers are asking him during the alone interviews. He could be talking bad about everyone or just Suzy. He could be praising everyone else. who knows.
    3. I think he's a good cook, but only of fine food, which is not what I think Master Chef is about.
    4. I don't like him, no matter what his deal is.

I like Christian (the SAHD) alot & I also want to see more of the big Asian guy.
    Phil: Claire likes to say "You can be part of the problem, or part of the solution." But I happen to believe you can be both. Modern Family

FORT Fogey

I like Christian. seems like he had some tough breaks early on in life....maybe some of his own choices. It looks like things have turned around and this experience is the topping on the cake...

I know, You know, Asteroids Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    I wanted to like Max, truly I did, because the enemy of my enemy is my friend and I hate Suzy. But really, he is just way too much of a d-bag to tolerate. And given that it is entirely possible to be talented, even a genius, and not be a vicious little jerk, I'm going to throw my approval elsewhere.
    Totally. It's not pure editing when Max says in front of everyone that he is choosing Tony because he needs someone to prep. That's more than rude, it's plain insulting. He didn't truly know the extent of Tony's abilities but made assumptions based on what Tony does for a living and what he looks like... and then announced it in front of everyone. If I were Tony I'd be giving Max the hairy eyeball at that point too. Then, Max deliberately sabotages what Tony is working on. He said he was using the dirty pan and he said it with a smile. Jerk. I was really hoping Tony's ravioli's would be fantastic.
    I understand the kid is only 18, but he really needs to be knocked down a notch.

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    Totally. It's not pure editing when Max says in front of everyone that he is choosing Tony because he needs someone to prep. That's more than rude, it's plain insulting. He didn't truly know the extent of Tony's abilities but made assumptions based on what Tony does for a living and what he looks like... and then announced it in front of everyone. If I were Tony I'd be giving Max the hairy eyeball at that point too. Then, Max deliberately sabotages what Tony is working on. He said he was using the dirty pan and he said it with a smile. Jerk. I was really hoping Tony's ravioli's would be fantastic.
    I understand the kid is only 18, but he really needs to be knocked down a notch.
    And I know every reality show needs a "bad guy" but that doesn't mean I have to like him.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Darn, I really liked Tony. Max, well, he'll be punted eventually. If he can't flip a burger - not to mention he already captained a losing team - his days are probably numbered. Derrick is my new favourite. I like his personality and demeanour, but he was a little shaky when it came to leading a team.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

+ Reply to Thread