Thread: MasterChef

Re: MasterChef

I thought Gordon looked sexy last night
    Shoepie likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by zookeepertx View Post
    just once I want to hear "this week was a no-brainer; the obvious contestant to be sent home is (blank)!"
    Dream on! At a minimum it would be "this week was a no-brainer; the obvious contestant to be sent home is (cut to commercial!!)" LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    Dream on! At a minimum it would be "this week was a no-brainer; the obvious contestant to be sent home is (cut to commercial!!)" LOL
    Aw, crud; you're RIGHT! LOLOL!

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Once - just ONE time - at the end of the show, I want to hear Gordon go on about what an EASY decision it was on who to send home! He always expounds on how difficult & traumatic the decision is for the poor judges; just once I want to hear "this week was a no-brainer; the obvious contestant to be sent home is (blank)!"
    Hopefully that's how it goes down when Krissi is sent home. And may Joe add "Don't let the door hit you on your way out!".

Even though I'd love it if the door DID give her a solid pat on the butt on her exit!
    Photobabe and zookeepertx like this.
    Face Off 6 Pool: Registration closed
    Amazing Race 24 Pool: Registration closed
    Survivor Cagayan 6 Pool: Registration closed
    Dancing With the Stars 18 Pool: Registration closed
    Click here for general pool information and lists of previous pool winners!

I know, You know, Asteroids Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I didn't understand why Jessie chose James instead of Bri for the team challenge. James was one of the worst cooks in the eloimination challenge and Bri won it!

As for Lyn supposedly making the worst dish in MasterChef history, I have to disagree. I've seen a whole lot worse dishes, even just this season! Did Chef Ramsey already forget Bime's liquid lemon meringue pie that the judges had to taste out of glass? In any case, Lyn has been failing miserably the last few weeks so it was his time to go.

I was so proud of Bri for standing up to Krissi and telling her what everyone else thought of her.

Savannah did tell Krissi to cook the tortillas until they were almost burnt, despite Krissi denying she got any such instructions, and Krissi grumped about being put on tortilla duty but what else was there to do?? By the time she fried her sample piece of chicken, everyone else had already been assigned tasks and had them mostly finished. Cooking the tortillas and plating the food was the only thing left.

Then Krissi was grumped that she was always on the losing team in a team challenge and no one ever listened to her. She was the team captain once and her team still lost so she needs to stop blaming everyone else for her failures and be more of a team player! I can't wait until that biatch is told to turn in her apron. It can't happen soon enough for me.
    I agree with this entire post except the first part. I would choose James over Bri as well. He's had a couple of times where he was weak, but overall, he's done really well... and according to those on the show, he has a great palate. I think he's among the top five there. My picks are:
    Jessie (she's the frontrunner right now), Eddie, James, Bethy, and unfortunately, Natasha. I think Jordan is a dark horse.

I won't even give the sexual harassment accusations an ounce of weight unless there is some kind of story there. Just saying it doesn't make it so.
    Shoepie likes this.
    Happy Birthday, sir, despite the circumstances.--John Green

I thought shows like this were recorded long in the past. So what's the deal on their winning "next week's" All Star tickets? Were they really just given them?
    All Star games are usually announced a year or two in advance for the upcoming years, so that along with knowing by the network when this year's was, they'd be able to still give them the news during the filming, but they actually USE them next week.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    All Star games are usually announced a year or two in advance for the upcoming years, so that along with knowing by the network when this year's was, they'd be able to still give them the news during the filming, but they actually USE them next week.
    Agree, but was it really filmed this week or some time ago? It would matter to the editing. I thought on the reality shows they always wanted the option to tweak the footage with future developments in mind.

And it would have looked pretty stupid if this week's episode had to be postponed until after the All Star Game.

Agree, but was it really filmed this week or some time ago? It would matter to the editing. I thought on the reality shows they always wanted the option to tweak the footage with future developments in mind.

And it would have looked pretty stupid if this week's episode had to be postponed until after the All Star Game.
    It was filmed some time ago - they knew the date of the event so they would be able to say the All-Stars game regardless. Fox most likely knew when "MC" was going to air so it wouldn't be too difficult to film the scene during the actual competition.

And, worst case, they'd deleted the prize bit out in editing should something had happened to change it. Wouldn't have taken much.

Because the only way an A-S, or Masterchef - game would be cancelled would be a very good reason (i.e. act of nature).

FORT Fogey

Once - just ONE time - at the end of the show, I want to hear Gordon go on about what an EASY decision it was on who to send home! He always expounds on how difficult & traumatic the decision is for the poor judges; just once I want to hear "this week was a no-brainer; the obvious contestant to be sent home is (blank)!"
    He did. It was the week he asked the contestant to self eliminate. I forget his name.
    Photobabe likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    He did. It was the week he asked the contestant to self eliminate. I forget his name.
    Well, yeah; technically, you're right. I think that was Howard, but it wasn't the cooking that got him, it was some beef with Joe, it seemed like. And GR made/let Howard take himself out. I want GR to say it but I don't think he will.

+ Reply to Thread