+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1044Likes

Thread: MasterChef

Re: MasterChef

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    Well this is a situation.. Paula Deen is supposed to be on MasterChef this season.
    I must be watching too many of these shows...I could have sworn she was already on, but that was last season, correct? Or maybe the one before. I dunno, I don't like most celeb chefs. Except for Anthony Bourdain.

Christine (last season's winner) is on next week. She looks good in the previews, very attractive new 'do. Apparently Krissi gets into a spitting match with Joe. That should prove to be an entertaining bitchfight.
    Ellen, libgirl2, Shoepie and 1 others like this.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Well, crap! Here we go again with cutting up something that's alive! I HATE that thought! If they keep this up, I'm gonna be out, I swear.

Seriously, even the pros aren't getting the name of the cookie correct? Macaron, not macarOOn! Macaroons are the lumpy coconut things; macarons are the delicate pastel French "sandwich" cookies.
    Arrrggghhhh!!!
    Kip, Shoepie, Arielflies and 1 others like this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I knew they wouldn't send Krissie home( yet)
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I will say Luca in trying to be nice to Christine kinda made a major boo-boo with the fish sauce. I do think he was safe though because he did a. stay humble about his mistake and b. he attempted to try something different - failed miserably, but they tend to give a second chance to someone who at least tries...

Which is why I was mad that Krissi was deemed safe. She didn't try, she cooked a bad dish and the other woman pretty much had a couple of mistakes (major OK, but still a couple to Krissi's couple) but she did try.

Her attitude stinks - and honestly she makes Joe's attitude tolerable (and tonight save their squarrel - a squalling quarrel, he was a major jerk to everyone), and that's speaking volumes.

On the plus side, I did like the fact Christine came and appeared, gave honest and kind responses to each of the dishes, even the bad ones - and Krissi looked like she'd blind Christine if she didn't already have visions problems when Christine gave her opinion on the catfish. Her cookbook looks great and the dishes nice and something I could make, so I might get the book.
    Kip and Florimel like this.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Beth and Jonny were eliminated.

FORT Fogey

I dust catfish with flour and saute it in butter and it never tastes like mud. I was stunned when Gordon said that! Before catfish became available in fish markets as a valued product, it was used in food chains for fried fish dinners and sandwiches. No mud taste there either. It is a mild white fish.

Okay, enough with the group challenges. I get the criticism now that it is turning into Hells Kitchen. I don't watch HK; I hate the yelling. I don't remember this from previous seasons, as much anyway. If it was there I have forgotten.

I want that pea soup and dessert! They looked so good.
    Jezebella likes this.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

That bright green soup looked amazing.
    Shoepie likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    That bright green soup looked amazing.
    I scoured the internet looking for the recipe. His philosophy is no recipes. So I gather he does not have a cookbook and creates in the moment for his restaurant. Of course he has to create a recipe for the chefs preparing it but I get it that he does not share. Dang.

FORT Fogey

OMG this is going downhill fast. Again with Joe screaming-----but to drop the food out of his mouth into the trash made him look so classless and crude.

I actually turned it off after G's soup appeared. a) I didn't like the babe getting married with her stupid attention getting list. I did notice that they gave her minimal attention with that. b) Watching one team run around like crazy with bad leadership ( a well cooked dish does not make for leadership ability) just got boring since we see it every week.

I did see above that Joyhnny-the team leader went home. How did that happen??
    jadewarlock likes this.

+ Reply to Thread