+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1044Likes

Thread: MasterChef

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: MasterChef

Yeah I don't see Krissi winning either. But I don't see her going out too soon either. Maybe she'll finish like 6th or something.

I know, You know, Asteroids Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kip View Post
    But if his disrespect was his refusal to replicate the dish, why wasn't Joe has harsh on the maple syrup guy? IMO, that was worse than Howard's rendition.

Lidia said they could use several different things for fillings. I don't recall her talking about the seasoning - mild, spicy, etc. - and I don't recall any comments about seasonings other than Lynn's being unseasoned, and Howard's use of cumin and jalapeno. Howard did take a risk - sometimes on these shows you're rewarded for doing something different and sometimes punished, and sometimes the new concoction just doesn't work. It might have been stupid on Howard's part, but I don't see it as being disrespectful.
    It was the huge chunks of bell peppers that was a terrible miss here! They showed Howard's filling earlier and it looked REALLY wrong. Maybe the maple syrup wasn't quite right in flavour... but those chunks of pepper wouldn't cook correctly within the pasta and would take over the entire taste of the dish. I like peppers, but not in something fine like this! The taste and texture does have to be right when encased in such delicate pasta. It really showed how Howard does not think it through as a cook. JMO.
    Arielflies likes this.
    Happy Birthday, sir, despite the circumstances.--John Green

Watching it tonight on demand, there seemed to be a cut in action with Howard's dish... something seemed off for such a reaction as they had.... do the honorable thing, etc.... we didn't see anything. Other chefs have tried different things, sometimes without success and yes they have complained, but this seems more of a personal attack.
    bee stung lips and ibot2much like this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    Watching it tonight on demand, there seemed to be a cut in action with Howard's dish... something seemed off for such a reaction as they had.... do the honorable thing, etc.... we didn't see anything. Other chefs have tried different things, sometimes without success and yes they have complained, but this seems more of a personal attack.
    Most of Joe's rants seem to hinge on him showing off for the audience at home. Sort of in a "everyone look how hard-ass I am", kind of way. Unfortunately for him, I'm not impressed.
    Ellen, pikachu, Florimel and 4 others like this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

To the Point

Krissi is a nasty piece of work. I don't care if you want to see someone go, you do not have to be a major witch in seeing it come to fruition. It's okay to be pleased, but she was awful and unpleasant!! That is just unnecessary and unappealing!!
    Ellen, Florimel and Uncle David like this.

Karma Krissi, Karma....Karma.jpg
    Ellen, Florimel, xmaskat and 2 others like this.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

FORT Fogey

I read Joe's PEOPLE blog that someone graciously posted above. He claims that Howards's arrognce set him off in not replicating the dish as Lydia set it out. He did mention the maple syrup, but said that this cook was not as arrogant....so apparently, it was a personal attack in that he did not like Howard.
    Kip likes this.

I saw a blond girl, I don't think I have ever seen before. She was on screen, and we both went, who is she? she went upstairs with Jessie.
    Uncle David likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I know, You know, Asteroids Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Yeah, I had no idea who she was either, Fanny Mare.
    Happy Birthday, sir, despite the circumstances.--John Green

The blond is Savannah Sturges. She's been right in the middle of the pack so far.
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

+ Reply to Thread