Thread: MasterChef

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Re: MasterChef

So glad Christine won!
    Cornholio likes this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    PS if anyone finds a link to these recipes, I'd be very grateful for it.
    Check the Masterchef website. They would comment each week that you could find the recipes there.

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    So glad Christine won!
    Me too! I would've been happy if Josh won also, but had been rooting for Christine all along. I love the underdog. When Joe said Christine shouldn't be in the kitchen, she should be checking coats, that really made me root for her all the more.

Woot! Go Christine and Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by march View Post
    Check the Masterchef website. They would comment each week that you could find the recipes there.
    Thanks, march, but no luck there...mostly burger recipes...not sure why.
    I did Google Chinese Pork Belly and found some interesting recipes...all very similar to each other, so I'll probably give it a try.
    It looked so good...and different from what I normally cook.

If only So Cal could have weather that's not in the high '90's and 100's soon!!! Its' been a dreadfully horribly hot summer and doesn't seem to be stopping!
    It's 11:30PM right now and the temperature is 82....So for those in the north and east, please send some coolness.
    The Pork Belly just sounds like it's be better in cooler weather.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    Eh, I'm not convinced Monti really wanted a food truck. I think what she was angling for was exposure for a career in show business. I don't wish her ill, although I didn't like her - but I don't think her cooking aspirations were genuine.
    Very few comics make it big enough to support themselves. I believe that she does want a food truck. It would be a perfect business to have and do both.

I find it odd that we didn't see any evidence of her humor on the show. Not one witty comment. I just thought of that now! odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Very few comics make it big enough to support themselves. I believe that she does want a food truck. It would be a perfect business to have and do both.

I find it odd that we didn't see any evidence of her humor on the show. Not one witty comment. I just thought of that now! odd.
    She wasn't very comedic, so maybe this was a serious thing for her.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Really? I found Monti to be very witty, and a lot of her comments made me smile and chuckle, part of the reason I found her to be so likeable. I was supremely bummed that she was eliminated when she was, a final 3 of her, FFrank and Christine would've been the perfect final 3 for me. Thankfully Christine won in the final 2 we got.
    Florimel likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Rembrant View Post
    Really? I found Monti to be very witty, and a lot of her comments made me smile and chuckle, part of the reason I found her to be so likeable. I was supremely bummed that she was eliminated when she was, a final 3 of her, FFrank and Christine would've been the perfect final 3 for me. Thankfully Christine won in the final 2 we got.
    I don't remember her humor. Now I find this odd.

I really like her too, very much.

I don't remember her humor. Now I find this odd.

I really like her too, very much.
    It was often stuff she'd say in confessionals. The two that I remember most clearly are:

"What the hell is fish sauce? And why does it taste like death?"

"I see a name next to mine. John Dory. But it's not a dude, it's a fish. With big lips, and a huge tongue."
    Shoepie and JohnnyK like this.

FORT Newbie

I'm looking forward to Season 4 starting up in the coming months, but I'm hoping they do several things to improve the show from Season 3.

My main gripe was how over emotional the whole thing was, as well as how obvious it was that Christine was going to win. I personally think Christine was chosen as the winner around the times of the auditions, nor do I believe she was fully blind, true or not, they really milked her with all the crying each and every episode. Almost everytime she brought a dish up they would queue the piano music, the judges would reinforce how inspiring this all is and she starts crying, jeez.

I also didn't like how they conveniently changed the rules in her favour. Like when she had the best dish in a previous round and got to be team captain, that was normal, but then at the end they let her swap her weakest link for her opponent's strongest link. That was BS, the captain who had the best dish already gets an advantage of the other team by being allowed first pick, that's fair, crippling the other team isn't fair. It's true that they did hand out bonuses to some of the other team captains across the season, but nothing came even close to what they gave Christine. The judges also treat us like we're stupid by criticizing Frank for staying in his comfort zone and threatening to kick him out if he doesn't start trying something new, and just how many Oriental dishes did Christine make? Did they ever address that? Nope.

I also didn't like the Wal-Mart tie in, are we really supposed to take a show seriously when Gordon Ramsay, a world class chef is insisting that Wal-Mart's produce and meats are of top quality?

Here's another thing, we all know that Gordon is the best chef out of the three judges. Joe even proves that despite not being an actual chef, he has a serious technical understanding of the trade, given all the award winning restaurants he runs. Graham has got virtually nothing compared to them, so why was he featured so prominently? I may be wrong, but I believe he cast the final vote on most decisions with the most tie breakers, something that would be Gordon's job normally since he's the star of the show. In one challenge they had to recreate one of Graham's dishes that he served to famous people, and in another challenge they actually competed alongside him. I would have loved to see Gordon do that instead. Do people even like Graham? He's kind of a fat slob with an annoying personality if you ask me. I really don't get it, Gordon is a money maker and Fox loves him, why on earth would they not feature him over Graham?
    Dragonlady likes this.

+ Reply to Thread