+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: On the Road With Austin and Santino - (Lifetime)

On the Road With Austin and Santino - (Lifetime)

On the Road With Austin and Santino - Premieres Thurs. July 29, 10:30pm ET
    (following the season premiere of Project Runway)
    "Project Runway" breakout stars Austin Scarlett and Santino Rice have made names for themselves on and off the catwalk with their unique styles and eyes for fashion, working with some of the biggest stars in the business. In "On the Road With Austin & Santino," the talented designers team up for the first time ever to travel to, and immerse themselves in the culture of, small towns across America to create new, dream-come-true looks for special women in unique situations as they celebrate such life milestones as anniversaries, birthdays, balls, graduations and bachelorette parties. But with differences in opinion, demanding clients ranging from a rodeo trick-rider to a military officer to a female truck driver, and no access to the latest fashions, will Austin and Santino’s designs make the cut — or will their matchup be a pattern for disaster?
    Official Page at MyLifetime.com

Preview video
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Re: On the Road With Austin and Santino - (Lifetime)

Thanks for the heads up about this MFW! I never would have known.

Is it me, or is the whole concept a ripoff of Patrick Swayze and Wesley Snipes in To Wong Foo, Thanks for Everything, Julie Newmar? Except that Austin and Santino aren't drag queens...

"Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

old cow

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;4001385;
    Is it me, or is the whole concept a ripoff of Patrick Swayze and Wesley Snipes in To Wong Foo, Thanks for Everything, Julie Newmar? Except that Austin and Santino aren't drag queens...

Well now that you mention it, it does kinda sound like To Wong Foo....

I'm still gonna watch. Santino has left a bad taste in my mouth since Rupaul's Drag Race but i just love me some Austin!

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;4001385;

**LOL** I love it!

Cute first episode. But will it get repetitive?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey

I didn't care for the dress they came up with. I think Austin's initial reaction to all that gingham was correct: it screamed tablecloth. They should at least have gone with a gingham that wasn't red and white.

But I gotta give Austin props for standing on that moving horse and looking good while doing it. I get the impression he's going to be the one who's more sympathetic to their clients and more interested in them generally, but that may be because I much prefer him to Santino.

old cow

I didn't like the dress that was finally chosen either. Too cliche' and I've always hated those poofy skirts.

The first dress with the lace was super cute and thats the one I would have chosen but meh, as long as she's happy.

The reaction of some of the locals to Austin & Santino were kinda funny but all in all the episode was kinda ho-hum. I was thinking they were going to give the girl an entire makeover not just make her a dress.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden;4013782;
    I didn't care for the dress they came up with. I think Austin's initial reaction to all that gingham was correct: it screamed tablecloth. They should at least have gone with a gingham that wasn't red and white.

But I gotta give Austin props for standing on that moving horse and looking good while doing it. I get the impression he's going to be the one who's more sympathetic to their clients and more interested in them generally, but that may be because I much prefer him to Santino.
    Agree! I would probably enjoy a show with them just doing weird things. I get a kick out of both of them and the horse thing was hysterical! That dress was AWFUL, awful, awful! Did they say that her mother was doing the hair and makeup? Talk about the blind leading the blind! I wasn't impressed with the out come at all! The Cow Girl Ball was a bit of a bust too. What were there, like 35 people attending? It was kind of a sad outcome. Poofy gingham dress in a horse arena. I actually liked Austin's design better but if he had made her a dress out of old curtains I would have died! I little too "Gone With the Wind" for my taste!

FORT Fogey

Not a good show - this was so cheesy. BRING BACK THE MODELS show!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast