+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: On the Road With Austin and Santino - (Lifetime)

Re: On the Road With Austin and Santino - (Lifetime)

That's a shame. I really enjoyed it. I hope they make it available on DVD so that I can go back and hear my favorite lines again. "One by one we're turning the red states lavender!"

On a side note, I wonder if they're going to go back to the model show to fill the spot after PR, or come up with something else?
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

FORT Fanatic

I enjoyed them visiting small towns around the U.S.

Quote Originally Posted by Kip;4103826;
    There a poll on the Austin & Santino home page asking:

What will you miss most about "On the Road"?

I googled a bit and found out the show has not been renewed for a second season.
    Bummer. With some tweaking this could have been a great show. I enjoyed it, but it was too rushed with the actual design part.

FORT Fogey

I stopped watching after 2 episodes but just checked in here to see how it was going. I am glad to see it has not been renewed. I much prefer the model show. I am not sure this means we will be getting that back but I can hope.

I suspect the reason for dumping the model show was difficulty finding models who want to move out of there apartments temporarly(still have to pay the rent), give up their social life and missing more lucritive job offers to do it. They probably don't pay enough.

It's sad that it won't be renewed, but I think it shows that the PR folks can now get creative with the extra half-hour. There is a long list of interesting designers from past seasons who could star in a one-season reality show. They should keep tapping the reserves, and provide something new and different each season. And if one show really clicks, give it a full spin-off in its own timeslot.

I hope the models show doesn't return. Now that PR is 90 minutes long, they have ample time for any side stories about the models. But I haven't found them to be interesting enough to sustain an entire show on their own. I hope they keep trying new ideas like Austin & Santino.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;4105415;
    I hope the models show doesn't return. Now that PR is 90 minutes long, they have ample time for any side stories about the models. But I haven't found them to be interesting enough to sustain an entire show on their own. I hope they keep trying new ideas like Austin & Santino.
    I agree. I think the whole thing isn't working out the way they intended anyhow since most of the designers end up sticking with one model throughout. It's ending up to not so much be a competition for the models and therefore not as interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by justCoz;4105424;
    I agree. I think the whole thing isn't working out the way they intended anyhow since most of the designers end up sticking with one model throughout. It's ending up to not so much be a competition for the models and therefore not as interesting.
    That's kind of how I feel. Yeah, it was interesting to see behind the scenes with the models, but that was in past seasons when there was real drama as to which one would make it into the final. This recent season I think there was only a switch in the models once. Talk about a snooze. Unless that changes, I don't the see the point in doing a models' show. It's not like we need to hear gossip about the designers, since heaven knows we had enough cattiness from them in the past season. I'd rather hear from a designer that I liked (such as Michael C) and find out how they're doing.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred;4106265;
    [snipped]...I'd rather hear from a designer that I liked (such as Michael C) and find out how they're doing.
    Great idea. I'd like that too. I'd be interested whether I liked a particular designer or not. Making it as a designer is so hard, I'd be be interested in hearing about a designer's successes and disappointments, and seeing their current designs if they're still designing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678