+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: On the Road With Austin and Santino - (Lifetime)

Re: On the Road With Austin and Santino - (Lifetime)

It's ironic that we're talking about contrived, because that's how last night's episode felt. Don't get me wrong; the ladies were sweet, the dresses were cute, etc. However, the whole thing felt rushed (ha ha) and like it was just an infomercial for BCA. It's a very worthy cause, but I can't wait until next week when they get back to normal.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred;4081369;
    It's ironic that we're talking about contrived, because that's how last night's episode felt. Don't get me wrong; the ladies were sweet, the dresses were cute, etc. However, the whole thing felt rushed (ha ha) and like it was just an infomercial for BCA. It's a very worthy cause, but I can't wait until next week when they get back to normal.
    I feel like all the episodes are rushed. They're something like 22 minutes. That's not much time to show them driving in, meet the woman and her family, talk to
    the woman about what she wants in a dress, have a meal with the woman and family, go shopping for fabric, design the dress, try it on, go to the event...

An hour would probably be too long for this show, but at the end, 'I always feel like "What! It's over already?!"

I agree with you. I wish the episodes could show more, especially more of A & S working on the dresses. This particular episode, however, felt even more slight than usual.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

If they expanded it to an hour then they could still have Austin and Santino mixing with the families and exploring the towns, as well as more time spent on watching them create the dresses.

Poor Austin. For all that they're friends, it's clear that Santino dominates their relationship. I would love to have seen Austin's finished dress. I would have chosen the green dress, but that's strictly my personal opinion. Did anybody else think they were decorating for Christmas when they held that red and green fabric up together?

I loved that paisley fabric that Austin had chosen, but I did agree with Santino on that one. It didn't exactly say "wedding party" to me, either.

I didn't like either of Austin's fabrics. The paisley was not correct for the situation, and the green was unflattering and not appropriate for a ceremony held on the grass. Too much blendy, blendy.

That's why Santino's worked better.

That's true. I forgot it was being held in a grassy area. I was just thinking of how the fabric looked indoors.

I missed last week's episode because of all the baseball. Can anyone give me a quick recap? I'll try to watch it online soon. I've heard that it won't be showing next week because of the 2-hr PR finale.

I forgot to add last time...my new favorite quote, "One by one we're turning the red states lavender!" I might make that my signature. Or "Who wouldn't want to run around with a yard of chiffon on a stick?"

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred;4090425;
    I missed last week's episode because of all the baseball. Can anyone give me a quick recap? I'll try to watch it online soon. I've heard that it won't be showing next week because of the 2-hr PR finale.

I forgot to add last time...my new favorite quote, "One by one we're turning the red states lavender!" I might make that my signature. Or "Who wouldn't want to run around with a yard of chiffon on a stick?"

The lucky woman was a woman who runs a shelter for wolf dogs. Loved the bit where Santino and Austin were howling in an attempt to get the dogs to howl.

In past episodes, it seems like the women generally prefer Santino's design and Austin graciously goes along. This woman preferred Austin's design - Santino fought a couple of details a bit before he jumped on board fully - as always, it's interesting seeing the interaction between two very creative people. I wonder if they've worked together before this; they really seem to get along exceptionally well.

Kip

There a poll on the Austin & Santino home page asking:

What will you miss most about "On the Road"?

I googled a bit and found out the show has not been renewed for a second season.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast