+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: On the Road With Austin and Santino - (Lifetime)

Re: On the Road With Austin and Santino - (Lifetime)

Quote Originally Posted by Kip;4071978;
    I hadn't heard of Austin or Santino before this show (we didn't get Bravo on our cable line up back then). Now I've put PR Seasons 1 and 2 on my Christmas wish list. In case others like me hadn't seen them before, here's a link to Santino impersonating Tim Gunn: Santino impersonates Tim Gunn
    Santino's "Tim-pressions" were the highlight of Season 2! AT times if I wasn't looking at the TV I couldn't tell one from the other.

I missed the first few sessions of PR, so I didn't have a clue who they were. I was skeptical after the first few minutes of watching the first show, but they have grown on me and I love them. Austin just cracks me up, and I love how he will do those things that I would never do. Their designs are a little too much for me, but it is still fun to see what they come up with.

I miss Models of the Runway and too would wish we could have both shows, I would definitely watch both.
    Friends are those rare people who ask how you are and then wait for the answer. ~Author Unknown

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by ASassyKat;4076533;
    Santino's "Tim-pressions" were the highlight of Season 2! AT times if I wasn't looking at the TV I couldn't tell one from the other.
    Yes! His impersonation is spot on. He also did a great one of Michael Kors (about Michael saying Santino's designed looks like a baboon's ass exploded over the back of it!).

FORT Fan

I like both of these guys but I hate this boring show

always the "fake" rush rush to finish the dress

I also hate how the "event" or "reason" seems so fake and contrived

I especially hated the military gal show....every reality show puts on these
    fake "honor the military" show....chefs cook up fancy "chow" for them,
    extreme makeovers for their looks or houses, and so on and so on
    very fake and ridiculous

this show is just so boring I stopped watching it
    can't even fast forward through it, just too lame

it would be funny if one episode they couldn't rush rush enough and had to say "sorry we just couldn't finish your dress in time for your fake event" haha

On a more positive note, it looks like the two will be helping a breast cancer survivor tonight. I think that's really sweet.
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 10-07-2010 at 06:58 PM.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

These small events seem more real to me than if they were some huge affair. A 50th birthday party doesn't always mean Hollywood glitz. Small town floats sometimes ARE on the back of a pickup truck or some such vehicle.

Allie, I couldn't agree with you more. I LOVE seeing these small-town events, and the women (and their families) that they are centered around.

Didn't know it was centered around a breast cancer survivor 'til I tuned in, but that ep moved me to tears.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Kip;4077601;
    Yes! His impersonation is spot on. He also did a great one of Michael Kors (about Michael saying Santino's designed looks like a baboon's ass exploded over the back of it!).
    I remember that one too, it was a hoot. Santino was a riot on his season.

Loved last night's show, another enjoyable episode. I really hope Lifetime gives us another season.

Quote Originally Posted by ASassyKat;4079923;

Loved last night's show, another enjoyable episode. I really hope Lifetime gives us another season.
    and I so hope they'll bring back Models of the Runway, I really did enjoy getting to know the models.
    Friends are those rare people who ask how you are and then wait for the answer. ~Author Unknown

As I said above, these are real women wanting dresses for occasions that mean a great deal to them personally. Therefore, this is actually one of the least contrived shows I've ever seen, which is precisely why I like it so much. As for fake rushing, that's pretty much a staple of every reality TV show. I think Project Runway is actually much more fake, since they force designers to create couture dresses in only a single day. There are so many histrionics and tears on that show because of the stress that it's actually refreshing to see A & S laughing it off.

I haven't seen last night's episode yet. However, in the previews last week it talked about the "most important challenge yet" and October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, so I just put two and two together.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast