+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: On the Road With Austin and Santino - (Lifetime)

Re: On the Road With Austin and Santino - (Lifetime)

As for actual episodes...I hated the gingham dress, too. How could that poor girl have chosen it over Austin's lovely lace creation?

Last week's episode was my favorite so far. I loved it that Austin was willing to get his hands dirty, while Santino was such a priss! When Austin bit off the head of that sardine, it was especially funny. I would love to meet him.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;4068408;
    You'd think that Austin is a porcelain doll who can't get his hands dirty, but he always seems to have a surprise up his sleeve. The sardine-gnawing incident tops the stage fight he had with Jay on PR.

YouTube - Austin Scarlett and Jay McCarroll

I agree. Given his personal style you wouldn't think that he would be very down to earth and matter-of-fact, but he his. I remember him stepping in to help Jay by being his model during the Post Office challenge in PR when Jay's model wasn't able to be there.

Austin alwaya manages to surprise me. You'd think he'd be the one squicked out over shucking crabs, etc., but no..it was Santino. LOL That just cracked me up.

I would love for this show to get renewed, it's just so darn enjoyable.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

I hadn't heard of Austin or Santino before this show (we didn't get Bravo on our cable line up back then). Now I've put PR Seasons 1 and 2 on my Christmas wish list. In case others like me hadn't seen them before, here's a link to Santino impersonating Tim Gunn: Santino impersonates Tim Gunn

I like this show.

That surprises me, but I do!

When I first heard "Austin and Santino . . .", yep, I was thinking: "AUSTIN and SANTINO?! What the HELL are these people smoking?!"

I absolutely love these two together. I love their interactions, how they play off each other, how they get to know and work with their clients, the whole ball of wax.

I love it how they actually talk to and take into consideration what their ladies say about what it is that they want in a dress, that they don't just ride into town like God's gifts to the fashion world and shove their ideas down their throats.

And I love to see how they put the dresses together, come to compromises as they're constructing the garments.

And best of all, I love seeing the faces of the clients --- and the boys', too! --- as they come out in their dresses at the end.

Yep, I miss Models of the Runway, and I wish they'd bring it back . . .

But I don't see why we can't have that, and THIS, too!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

FORT Fanatic

I get a kick out of how very DEEP Santino's voice is.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

I loved how Austin didn't let his injury hold him back. I know it wasn't major, but a cut like that does hurt (Austin said it was throbbing), and a lot of people would have taken it easy after that. Like his getting into the crab cleaning and biting the head off the fish last week, Austin's a lot tougher that I thought he would be. [Going back to last week's episode - did you catch it at the party when the woman and her husband were saying what a great job Austin had done on the boat and he had now achieved the rank of Master .... Baiter - and Austin said something like "I'm already good at that!"]

Thought it hilarious in this episode when Austin was having breakfast and Santino came in dressed like a Roman centurian or something, in a metal helmet and breast plate, and with a long sword and asked Austin if he could butter his toast.

I really enjoy watching the collaborative process between A&S - each is willing to let go of his idea if the other's is better.

Quote Originally Posted by ness;4073988;
    I like this show.

That surprises me, but I do!

When I first heard "Austin and Santino . . .", yep, I was thinking: "AUSTIN and SANTINO?! What the HELL are these people smoking?!"

I absolutely love these two together. I love their interactions, how they play off each other, how they get to know and work with their clients, the whole ball of wax.

I love it how they actually talk to and take into consideration what their ladies say about what it is that they want in a dress, that they don't just ride into town like God's gifts to the fashion world and shove their ideas down their throats.

And I love to see how they put the dresses together, come to compromises as they're constructing the garments.

And best of all, I love seeing the faces of the clients --- and the boys', too! --- as they come out in their dresses at the end.

Yep, I miss Models of the Runway, and I wish they'd bring it back . . .

But I don't see why we can't have that, and THIS, too!
    Whoo hoo!
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

It is a cute show. I like how they poke fun at each other and being fish out of water at times. But it never comes across as poking fun at the towns or people.

I have mixed feelings about this week's episode. The good...

Loved the hat! And I loved when Scarlett declared "I need my hat!" as they left for the hospital. I also loved how he was concerned about falling behind on the dress. That was very professional of him.

OTOH, I didn't entirely like the dress. Most of it was lovely, but what was up with those wings on the back? It made that poor lady look like Tinkerbell.

And what was up with that float? That was the best the townspeople who supposedly adored this lady could come up with? Kudos to Santino for trying dress it up.

On a side note, I love all the places where they've been staying. I want to find that resort that had the yurts and go stay in one.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast