+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: On the Road With Austin and Santino - (Lifetime)

Re: On the Road With Austin and Santino - (Lifetime)

Quote Originally Posted by tvaholic;4063072;
    I absolutely loved Jay! He was so funny and is still my all time favorite. I think that the chemistry between Santino and Austin is great and I think that part of it is that Santino is straight. ".
    I had always sort of assumed that he was bisexual but according to this interview, he is gay.

ChicagoPride.com interview with Santino Rice

I had high hopes for the show too but honestly, I find it almost painful to watch. There seems to be an energy missing from it. I'm not sure it would make a difference if they changed designers as I think it's the premise of the show that is just sadly lacking.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;4063413;
    I had always sort of assumed that he was bisexual but according to this interview, he is gay.

I had high hopes for the show too but honestly, I find it almost painful to watch. There seems to be an energy missing from it. I'm not sure it would make a difference if they changed designers as I think it's the premise of the show that is just sadly lacking.
    I must be wrong. I (seem) to remember, when he was in the finals ,for Project Runway, that when Tim went to his house there was a girlfriend. I tend to assume that most of the men contestants are gay. I had assumed that Santino was also but then (I thought) that he had told us otherwise. Sorry, my bad. Still, something was said and I think that it was from him! Does anyone else remember this? Straight or gay, I still get a kick out of him

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;4063413;

Forgot to say thanks for the article! Well, now that I've actually read it (lol) he kind of admits to being with women and that might explain why I got that feeling. Maybe, while he was on the show, he was "just" bisexual. He still is a huge contrast to Austin and so I still think that they're a great team, on a not so great show! Maybe a talk show? One more thing, a 30 minutes isn't time to do much of anything! Bravo should scrap this show and create something else for these two. I'd watch!

While I like both of them, Austin's over the top "acting" just kills this show for me. And seriously, could the show not provide better venues to showcase their designs? Their would be tons of townspeople to attend something like that. I like that they are using "real women" and in "real towns", but I don't care for the way they seem to make them more hokey than they are and make fun of their location on almost every episode.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;4062969;
    Not exactly, Jay was on the last season of Celebrity Fit Club. His father died in his 50's from complications of diabetes and Jay was heading there so he was on CFC embraced Dr. Ian and his Fat Smash Diet and became some what of a runner and lost over 50 lbs. He was looking real good by the finale.
    Yes, I saw that and was very impressed with him on all counts. I meant faded away in the fashion world. I really like this guy.

For me the show is about Austin and Santino's excellent adventures. The fashion is almost secondary.

I don't see them making fun of the MO's at all, rather they seem to genuinely like the people they meet and enjoy the adventure. It's clearly low-budget, but I think that's part of the charm if it.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by ASassyKat;4065074;
    For me the show is about Austin and Santino's excellent adventures. The fashion is almost secondary.

I don't see them making fun of the MO's at all, rather they seem to genuinely like the people they meet and enjoy the adventure. It's clearly low-budget, but I think that's part of the charm if it.
    I agree. I haven't gotten any sense that they're making fun of the people or places. They seemed to fit right in and enjoy the meals and parties with families and friends.

I don't see any need to present the dresses at large venues. It's all about the women and their personal special events.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Loved last night's episode. Interesting to see Austin jump right in to cleaning the crabs and Santino being squeamish and standing back. And then out on the fishing boat - Austin biting the head off the fish and Santino being grossed out by it -- priceless!

In the preview for next week, Austin is lying on the stairs bleeding and Santino scoops him up in his arms to rush him to the hospital.

You'd think that Austin is a porcelain doll who can't get his hands dirty, but he always seems to have a surprise up his sleeve. The sardine-gnawing incident tops the stage fight he had with Jay on PR.

YouTube - Austin Scarlett and Jay McCarroll

"Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by Kip;4063404;
    I like this show. Last night while watching it, I realized that it just makes me smile. I like the interaction between Austin and Santino. I like the fact that it's a low-key, low budget show with A & S designing dresses for "real" women who need dresses for the typical events (a graduation party, a birthday party, wedding, anniversary party). It doesn't bother me at all that most of these events are "small" and held in someone's living room, or in a motel banquet room. I thought the wedding dress was spectacular, the red & white checked rodeo girl dress awful, and the other dresses good. I like the fact that A&S listen to the women and modify the dress design to make the women feel comfortable rather than making what they think would be best. I like watching the interactions and the design process, and while seeing the finished dress is interesting, I enjoy the other parts more.
    Sums it up for me.

I love this show. I love it precisely because it's the opposite of PR--low-key and featuring real women with real figures in real towns, not stick-thin models living in the hot-house atmosphere of fashionable NY.

I didn't see the first season of PR, so this has been my introduction to Austin. I love watching the interaction between him and Santino. It's especially refreshing compared to this season of PR, where people are bitchy and nasty towards their fellow designers. It's really nice to see A & S disagreeing yet remaining professional and even friends despite it all.

I also don't understand the comment about making fun of the women. I haven't seen that; it looks like A & S genuinely enjoy designing for them, as well as entering their lives. I also don't mind the ladies appearing at small functions. These are events that are important to them, and that's all that matters. Sheesh, the only time I needed a fancy dress for a function that was attended by a huge crowd was my high school prom.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast