+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: On the Road With Austin and Santino - (Lifetime)

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion

Re: On the Road With Austin and Santino - (Lifetime)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;4051847;
    These two are acting like an old married couple on a road trip. It is hilarious! The last two episodes when Santino couldn't stay awake, Austin clucked at him like a wife. I love Austin's outfits and the reactions of some of the down-home citizens of the rural towns they've been visiting. I love that the quilt shops have opened their eyes to other fabrics and grace of living in another culture.

I didn't know how I would take to this show, but I love it.

P.S. Who knew Austin was so competitive in go-cart racing, or that Santino would jump on the back of a small donkey - hilarious!

I love it, too. I didn't see either of the seasons of PR in which Austin and Santino appeared, so these guys are new to me. It's so funny when they (especially Austin) walk into a general store in a small town - the looks they get are hilarious. Then there are endearing moments with the designee and her family.

One of my favorite moments was when they stayed in a Southern mansion. Santino was taking a bubble bath. Austin found a birthday cake costume (pink satin cake shirt and a chocolate colored hat with candles). Austin put the costume on and went into the bathroom where Santino was sitting in the tub and said, "Oh, look! We're both in our birthday suits!" (Sounds kinda dumb as I'm writing it, but it cracked me up.)

FORT Fogey

I don't like this show either, I took it off my DVR. I enjoyed Models of the Runway but it is clear it was hard to produce. They had to find enough models willing to move into an apartment and bascially give up their life right there in NYC where they lived. I dont think they pay enough to make that inticing.

Perhaps they will try harder and pay more next season because I cannot believe they are getting good ratings with Austin and Santino. Or they could change the format and have previous contestants design dresses for individuals in another setting. Traveling to hick towns and making tacky clothes for rural women just does not have a huge appeal. That purple dress was hideous! And I am not saying all rural women like tacky clothes, just seems they are choosing them.

Never too old to Twinkle! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;4055498;
    Or they could change the format . . .
    How about "Project Runway: Where Are They Now?"

Each week could feature one of the finalists from prior seasons, with an update as to what they're doing now. They could feature some of Austin's amazing wedding dresses, etc.

Do I hear a second to the motion from the floor?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian;4055514;
    How about "Project Runway: Where Are They Now?"

Each week could feature one of the finalists from prior seasons, with an update as to what they're doing now. They could feature some of Austin's amazing wedding dresses, etc.

Do I hear a second to the motion from the floor?
    Absolutely! I would love this.

I kind of wish it was "On the Road with Austin and Jay" -- those two already had a great chemistry together in Season 1. Maybe Jay couldn't be bothered...
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;4055525;
    I kind of wish it was "On the Road with Austin and Jay" -- those two already had a great chemistry together in Season 1. Maybe Jay couldn't be bothered...
    Yep, I think they tried. Jay seems to be shunning the spotlight and unless there is some news I missed doesn't seem all that interested in producing a collection. I would love to know what he is doing.

I love Jay too, but I think he pretty much has shunned everything about the show and NY in general. I'm actually loving Santino and Austin, they also have a fun relationship. Now if we could only get Andrae too. "Where's Andrae?"

Santino's "Tim-pressions" were the best in season 2. Sometimes I couldn't tell if it was Santino or Tim Gunn talking.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;4055919;
    Yep, I think they tried. Jay seems to be shunning the spotlight and unless there is some news I missed doesn't seem all that interested in producing a collection. I would love to know what he is doing.
    Not exactly, Jay was on the last season of Celebrity Fit Club. His father died in his 50's from complications of diabetes and Jay was heading there so he was on CFC embraced Dr. Ian and his Fat Smash Diet and became some what of a runner and lost over 50 lbs. He was looking real good by the finale.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;4055525;
    I absolutely loved Jay! He was so funny and is still my all time favorite. I think that the chemistry between Santino and Austin is great and I think that part of it is that Santino is straight. The fact that one is super polished and made up while one is VERY rough looking also adds to the odd mix. I don't, however, like this show. It must not have ANY budget whatsoever! They haven't done much of a makeover on any of the girls. They've got the moms and friends doing the hair and makeup! I assume that these are the same people who have already helped these women look so bad in the past. The one last night had eyebrows like Divine (John Water's drag queen). I think that the "makeup artist" toned them down a little, thank god! I think that they picked out one girl's shoes at a thrift store. The "parties", at the end ,never seem to have more than 20 or 30 people and hardly seem to be the kind of events that they have been made out to be. Any of these women could have found a better looking dress at some local department store. When they cut the cake last night I said to my daughter "Well, there's Bravo's contribution to the party, an ugly sheet cake".
    I was happy when I first heard about this show and had high hopes for it but it's a little on the sad and pathetic side. If Bravo put some money into it and really gave these women beautiful dresses and great makeovers then I might like it more. I'm even open to A&S doing some other show together because I really enjoy the two of them acting silly together.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion

I like this show. Last night while watching it, I realized that it just makes me smile. I like the interaction between Austin and Santino. I like the fact that it's a low-key, low budget show with A & S designing dresses for "real" women who need dresses for the typical events (a graduation party, a birthday party, wedding, anniversary party). It doesn't bother me at all that most of these events are "small" and held in someone's living room, or in a motel banquet room. I thought the wedding dress was spectacular, the red & white checked rodeo girl dress awful, and the other dresses good. I like the fact that A&S listen to the women and modify the dress design to make the women feel comfortable rather than making what they think would be best. I like watching the interactions and the design process, and while seeing the finished dress is interesting, I enjoy the other parts more.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast