+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: On the Road With Austin and Santino - (Lifetime)

Re: On the Road With Austin and Santino - (Lifetime)

The least the boys could have done is give the girl some pointers on how to walk.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I miss Models of The Runway. I really enjoyed seeing a real behind the scenes glimpse into their lives and actually wanted them to further develop that idea, instead they give us this mess.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

It's a bit of summer fluff, which I highly enjoyed since I like both Austin and Santino.

The material was clishe of course, but I figure that was part of the idea of thr show. The guys have to make do with whatever they can find in each location. Otherwise, they would have brought their own fabric choices with them.

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

Personally, I'm finding this show to be a blast. Austin and Santino's comments just make me laugh.
    Both of their clients seemed very happy with their dresses.
    And seeing Austin and Santino in these small towns, so out of their element is hilarious to me.
    I'm looking forward the the next episode.

Quote Originally Posted by jmb;4030733;
    Personally, I'm finding this show to be a blast. Austin and Santino's comments just make me laugh.
    Both of their clients seemed very happy with their dresses.
    And seeing Austin and Santino in these small towns, so out of their element is hilarious to me.
    I'm looking forward the the next episode.
    My hubby does not watch much reality TV. But he got sucked into two episodes. He said it was nice to see people who would not normally be on TV be shown in a good light. It's an enjoyable bit of fluff. I liked Models of the Runway, but I wonder if it did not do good in the ratings or if they cut down the prize money? I know NOTHING about these models.

FORT Fan

I actually like both of them..
    but....I really got tired of the overdone "she deserves this" junk over and over

I mean...yeah it was nice to dress up the cowgirl but not this tear jerking, semi tragic tone they had when speaking about her

then to see the "Ball">> ?? wow..what a fake event that was..I don't think they even had 35 people..it looked like her family, the other cowgirls, the lady with the little girl and the old man

It just made no sense to me....maybe if they had dressed her for a prom or other "real" event and laid off the "heart string" teary stuff

I felt like they were using old scripts from "Extreme Home Makeover"..."she just deserves it so much, she never had this before" yada yada

I also thought it really funny that they had her Mom do her "hair and makeup">> yikes...Mom looked like a Saturday Night Live mock up of a country western singer LOL

I finally got to see this show and I love it! I have to admit though i started watching Project runway just to see what Austin Scarlett was like. Loved it when he sat on the front proch at the cabin and got scared by the cows mooing in the distance! Or how about his excitement when they stayed in a "Gone wiht the wind " mansion
    Santino is great too, to see how he gets inspired by making women look beautiful, is just wonderful.
    "What happens to the wide-eyed observer when the window between reality and unreality breaks and the glass begins to fly? Stephen King - Four Past Midnight"

Quote Originally Posted by lliannee;4051619;
    Loved it when he sat on the front proch at the cabin and got scared by the cows mooing in the distance!
    That was hilarious, as was the arm of the rocking chair coming loose and Austin wondering when he pushed it down into place if eyelash adhesive would work to fix it!

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

These two are acting like an old married couple on a road trip. It is hilarious! The last two episodes when Santino couldn't stay awake, Austin clucked at him like a wife. I love Austin's outfits and the reactions of some of the down-home citizens of the rural towns they've been visiting. I love that the quilt shops have opened their eyes to other fabrics and grace of living in another culture.

I didn't know how I would take to this show, but I love it.

P.S. Who knew Austin was so competitive in go-cart racing, or that Santino would jump on the back of a small donkey - hilarious!
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by NFL1;4019576;
    Not a good show - this was so cheesy. BRING BACK THE MODELS show!
    I so agree. I love Models of the Runway so much better. Love the interaction between the models and the designers.
    Friends are those rare people who ask how you are and then wait for the answer. ~Author Unknown

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast