+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Money Hungry - on VH1

Money Hungry - on VH1

Interesting alternative toward Biggest Loser.

Vh1 Money Hungry ::vh1 News ::antiMusic.com

VH1's new series "Money Hungry" will premiere on Monday, August 2 at 9:00 PM ET/PT. Here is the tease they sent over:

For the average individual the desire to lose weight is not enough motivation to make it happen. But what if the motivation to stay trim was $10,000 of your very own hard earned cash?

That's exactly what VH1's new series "Money Hungry" will test, as 12 pairs of contestants will compete against each other to see which team can resist temptation and drop the most weight.

Hosted by Dan Cortese, each team on "Money Hungry" will have to put up an entry fee of $10,000 of their own money to begin the competition. In a winner takes all fashion, the couple who sheds the most combined weight will walk away with $100,000.

Each week the couples will face grueling challenges, supersized temptations and pressure filled weigh-ins on their quest to win the $100,000 grand prize.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Re: Money Hungry - on VH1

Very interesting. I may have to tune in to see what it is like.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Interesting concept....so presumably if each couple has 10K to basically gamble no one is that poor to start... So will the 100K be enough to motivate them? Definitely the way to do a reality show on the cheap!

Looking forward to updates as I don't think I get this channel.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Yes, interesting concept. I wonder how many broken relationships there will be amongst the couples who don't win where one partner thinks the other didn't give their all.

I saw one of the commercials for this and it would appear that any means to lose weight is encouraged, up to and including throwing up.

I sort of have an issue with these extreme weight loss lose 50 pounds in 6 weeks type of shows anyway. But when the commercial says there are no rules and then shows someone throwing up, I don't think that is a good message to send. Yes, losing weight is healthy, but if you go on some sort of extreme diet and lose a bunch of weight very quickly, it's going to come back as soon as you start eating like a normal person again

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Rockytop Chick;4007265;
    I saw one of the commercials for this and it would appear that any means to lose weight is encouraged, up to and including throwing up.
    I caught the first show last night, and the vomiting was a result of overindulging on the first night dinner. They seem to be doing exercises, challenges and "good" eating like the other shows. Don't know why they did a first night with tons of high carb or fattening foods and lots of wine. It seems to make very little sense. Then again, maybe VH1 has such a good supply of liquor they couldn't imagine having a show without it!

Also, and this surprised me, they actually had the contestants pay 10K to be on the show. That's a bit crazy!

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

I watched last night. I'm not hooked yet. I was surprised at how lackadaisical a couple of the contestants were considering it was their own money on the line.

Caught the show last night and I must say, I was hooked. It is different from Biggest Loser so you won't see another version of Jillian Michaels jumping up on the contestants screaming at them. At first some of the couples didn't take it seriously but man, the tears started to flow when it came time for the weight in. I felt bad for the couple that left because they really wanted it and that one girl was the largest woman there. There was also one couple I think they called themselves "The Nut Bag" or whatever, I don't think or I should say, I didn't feel that they were there to lose weight, but mainly to get camera time. I think their reals jobs were comedy.

Look forward to next week.

If there are 12 teams and each team has to contribute $10,000 and the final prize is $100.000. What happened to the extra $20,000?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;4030402;
    If there are 12 teams and each team has to contribute $10,000 and the final prize is $100.000. What happened to the extra $20,000?
    I caught that too! Maybe that is enough to cover all the salaries they get for being reality actors? Makes sense because the payroll would shrink by 2 every weigh-in.

I wonder how long before someone pitches (and sells) a talent competition like that. Performers put up a premium and "Winner Takes... Most of It" Thereby costing the network nothing. Competitive public access TV!! lol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast