+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Money Hungry - on VH1

Re: Money Hungry - on VH1

Interesting to see what the fall out will be from last week elimination. I think Mission Slimpossible will go balistic. The one guy seriously needs to mellow out or he will blow a fuse from high blood pressure.

I am starting to like the challenges and the sound effects. The entire show is starting to remind me of The Surreal House. Lots of divas locked into a house with no access to the outside world but lots of alcohol. I do wonder if their is a nutritionist in the house. They have a trainer and a doctor but who monitors the nutrition, because some of these teams need to lose more weight, for all the work they are putting in.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I wonder if the lower weight loss amounts are disappointing because our expectations have been warped by biggest loser? Certainly they could be losing more, but in that part of the forum haven't we had debate after debate about the unhealthy pace and how such extremes make it unlikely that people will keep the weight off, blah blah blah you know what I mean. I dunno which is better.

Certainly this show is a different animal than biggest loser. It almost seems like weight loss is just a gimmick, or a side bar. The primary focus of the show is the drama surrounding eliminations. Besides, when only 2-3 teams are even on the chopping block each week, and at least one team is there because of a popularity vote, most teams don't NEED to lose weight to stay on the show. So, why bother? Have a drink and a snack and enjoy the ride.

Mission Slimpossible is taking the whole thing way too seriously though.
    _(Moo!)

I understand your concerns about extreme weight loss but when you have people who wieght almost 400lbs and are excersing 4 to 6 hours a day and only losing 1 pound a week between a 2 person team or even gain a pound I have problem with that. These teams are not doing something correctly.

Unless you felt like you were going on the block in the vote, it would not be smart to go for a big loss. Save it for when you need it. This week they would be smart to throw the Miss Slim team right back in again. Odds are they can't have a huge loss two weeks in a row. How did they lose more weight than the Nutz anyway? They didn't seem to work nearly as hard. I wonder if they cheated? I mean they left... they could have done something like a colon flush or even just bought some diet pills or laxative at the airport.... All the more reason to get them in next week again.

Then again I am losing faith in all these reality shows... I wonder if the scales are even accurate in this game. The producers may have just wanted Miss Slim to stay, so they made the scales say whatever they wanted them to say.

I am enjoying the show because I think it shows what Biggest Loser really is without all the feel good editing. The sound effects are a nice touch. ex: The Regulators embracing to the sound of growling grizzilies. Mission Slimpossible does add to the flavor of the show with all the wisecracks.

After finally seeing all of this weeks episode (823/10) I must say that Philip is a big spoiled baby. He can be very easy to dislike or like. On the other hand Mike and Joe from Mission Slipossible are making enemies of everybody left and right. Yes they are bullies. If I was on that show their attitudes would just make me try harder to beat them. They are neither gracious losers or gracious winners.

Oh my gosh its the halfway mark...huh there are still 8 teams left??? OK I did the math but boy that seems fast. Anyway I am liking the drama but I am surprised that we see alot of lazying around the house a lot of shot of Mo (No Excuses) eating. I think it was funny that Regulators decided not to give the immunity to anyone because they felt their alliance (The Family) had gotten cocky and lazy and they were tired of carrying them. I do wonder if there is a nutritionist on this show because I am surprised for a weight loss show some of these behemoths are not losing much.

Best part of this show are the sound effects, the drama and the alliance names. I do hope this starts a trend in alliance names on other reality shows. Well hope more people watch it is kinda fun to see Joe and Mark of Mission Slimpossible trash talk everyone in their confessionals and strategy sessions. Oh, it was a hoot watching the Regulators give Josh of No Excuses romantic advice.

The first 15 minutes of my tape were blank so I had to wait and watch a repeat of this weeks episode to find out what happened. I cannot believe how lazy "The Family" was with Phillip even stating that he doesn't have to work out. I now totally understand why the Regulators did what they did. What I finally hysterical is Phillip actually thinking he is a master strategist and runs the house. Delusional much? Who I really feel sorry for is his grandfather as I don't think he will ever get the $10,000 back from Philip and sad to said I can't see Phillip being successful with his weight loss. He just does not have the motivation.

There will be an episode on Labor Day.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Thank you all for you comments (from someone who doesn't get the show). Sounds like an interesting summer show (unlike, say, Big Brother this summer, whcih I do get!).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast