+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Born to Diva blows away AI!

FORT Fogey

Born to Diva blows away AI!

I have to say it, but if you have watched Born to Diva on VH1, EVERY SINGLE ONE of the 50 Semi-Finalists blew away anyone on American Idol! If you haven't watched it, you really ought to, because AI contestants would give these girls no competition!

I loved Trenyce to death, but there is absolutely no way I could (or was able to, I did catch the first one) sit through 10,000 black females (please don't think I'm racist , I meant they all look so so very similar) sounding the same with bitchy attitudes. God, God, no.

Trenyce was a class act too, personality wise.

You know how Simon said to Kim Locke the performance was "nothing you couldn't find in a Harlem church"? That's how I feel with that show.

I saw Born to Diva and I said the exact same thing, they all sing circles around AI contestants... But I can't really see anyone one on the Divas show becoming an "idol". It really does take more than talent.
    "You better shut your mouth when you're talkin' to me!"

That Crazy Red-Head! CopperPenny's Avatar
    I watched the Diva show a couple of times and I have not been impressed. I haven't heard one contestant that I would consider a good singer.

Patti LaBelle was a hilarious guest on that show...

Tee hee

It just bugs me that anyone actually aspires to be a diva. A diva is not a good thing in my book.

To me, a "diva" is someone who thinks they're so talented their sh*t doesn't stink, and they have a right to act like they're better than the rest of the world. It's just BS.

Just because someone has talent in one thing doesn't make them entitled to think they're better than the rest of us overall. In fact, the attitude itself brings them down a notch as far as I'm concerned.

This, incidentally, was one of my major concerns about Trenyce.

This, incidentally, was one of my major concerns about Trenyce.
    She never ever talked back to the judges. If she really acted like a diva (the bad way), you would have seen her pull a Juanita and no way she would have placed fifth.

She also refused to badmouth Josh even when she was asked to in all of her interviews.

Oh I WISH my college cable system got VH1...I would LOVE this show!
    And I sing sometimes like my life is at stake because you're only as loud as the noises you make.

True, TheFlying, Trenyce never verbally acted like a diva, and for that reason, I can stand her.

But she aspired to be one, she had said on several occasions, and her actions to me spoke louder than her words or lack of them.

Actions? I don't recall Trenyce ever acting like a diva.

She also could have meant by diva as in a diva like Mariah, Celine, Patti LaBelle, Aretha Franklin, those people are. Sylvia Chibiliti, that's an example of a 'bad' diva. Trenyce obviously can't be a diva if she's nice, classy, and humble, can she?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast