+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Born to Diva blows away AI!

Foster Your Inner Kacey BobDobolina's Avatar
    Why was this thread moved? The whole point of this discussion was for AI fans to compare/contrast the AI contestants with those of the diva show. Moving it to the miscellaneous bin completely defeats the purpose. I, for one, would have never seen it there, and am glad that the person brought up the discussion here in the AI forums.

IMO, since the topic involves an AI comparison and was clearly addressed to the AI fans, not only is it relevant to keep it here, but moving it is equivalent to deleting/censoring it for all intensive purposes. Though I didn't start this thread, I am disappointed that the moderators would do something like that

I moved it because it's about "Born to Diva", which belongs in "Other Reality Shows". I didn't have to, but I left a "moved" tag in the AI forum so people could find it.

And this isn't censoring it. Deleting it would be censoring it - moving it is just organization, whether you have to click on something extra to find it now or not.

Foster Your Inner Kacey BobDobolina's Avatar
    Originally posted by John
    I moved it because it's about "Born to Diva", which belongs in "Other Reality Shows". I didn't have to, but I left a "moved" tag in the AI forum so people could find it.

And this isn't censoring it. Deleting it would be censoring it - moving it is just organization, whether you have to click on something extra to find it now or not.
    If I'm going to be honest... the whole point was that the post was about both AI2 and the diva show. And please don't misunderstand me. I didn't say it was straight up deletion or censorship. But if the target audience is the AI fans, moving it to a non-AI forum means 90% of those people won't see it. I, myself, would not have. Given the intent of the topic, this makes the post fairly useless. That's what I meant by deleting/censoring it for all intensive purposes. The fact that it's not technically difficult to get to the "other shows" section does not really obviate this.

John, I didn't mean to be criticial. I'm sure you're just trying to manage the boards. But given that the discussion was clearly AI related, the decision to move it says to me that if you even mention another show in the topic, you're going to get moved into the ghetto regions of the Fort. That's what I found disappointing. It seems to go against the spirit of free discussion and doesn't make this forum any more organized.

Just watching the showcase again now, and these girls really *do* blow away the contestants on American Idol (well, some of them anyway) I just went to the VH1.com site to vote on who I thought the last one standing should be, and was *VERY* suprised to find that Tomey was actually blowing teh others out of the water... even Tarralyn... I personally thought that tomey was the worst of the three, and didn't even belong there over Sasha... it will be interesting if she is the one that ends up sharing the stage with the real divas
    "It's still cool to be sane. You're just supposed to be sane and medicated ." - Article from the New York Magazine

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345