+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Color Splash: Miami

Color Splash: Miami

I still like David Bromstad, and I like the Miami colors and inspiration spaces (just saw the one for the Betsy hotel - loved it! - and loved what they did based on the Versace mansion, too), but I don't like his assistants. I don't like their lack of work ethic (the guy), or the pushiness of the girls. There was one episode where they were second guessing David in claiming some furniture wouldn't fit, which if course it did, but they weren't giving him credit for knowing more than they, mere interns, knew. I don't like how they look, sound, or act. Yuck. So, I'm torn. I miss the Bay Area colleagues, but I like the colors and design elements in Miami.

Re: Color Splash: Miami

Harvest, thanks for starting the thread on Color Splash Miami. I have been watching and share your concerns. I wonder about his staff. They don't seem to be on top of things IMO. There was also problems with the last Color Splash before they went to Miami.

There always seems to be a problem with something. Either the paint has not arrived, the furniture is out of stock, the wrong wall paper was shipped, the light fixture hasn't been shipped, or some other big problem that effects the job. Why can't his assistants take care of business? I don't get it, but it makes him look bad and it's a drag to start watching a show and have to always wonder what the screw up is going to be this time. Are they doing this on purpose?

I like David and his work so I hope they straighten out their mess.

I love David. He's just so personable and warm.
    I've watched a total of 3 episodes so far.
    It seems to have improved, but I still don't really enjoy it like I liked the show set in the Bay area.
    I think part of it is, obviously, the crew. But, part of it is that I'm tired of him going with the homeowners to still another South Beach hotel. It's getting boring for me.
    And, it seems to result in designs that are too over the top. I didn't at all care for that massive faux fireplace or the ice buckets used as tables in the partially enclosed outdoor room. The room just seemed to scream, "bigger is better," while I tend to prefer, "less is more"
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I can see your point. I guess they are just trying to find something different since many of the makeover shows show simple designs with low budget decor. I liked the gay couple's living room with the green glass wall. I just wasn't wild about the pink rug. I think that sent it over the top, but I'm simple too. I do like bright colors though.

I think David would do well with a show where he decorates for reality stars. He could do makeovers on the homes of Tori Spelling, Bethenny Frankel, Kate Gosselin, and even do several rooms of the new house of The Little Couple on TLC! I think it would be a big hit. They are both dwarfs and have special needs for their rooms. That would be a great challenge for David.

My favorite is Candice Olsen. I think she has super good style. It can be a little conservative though. David has more of a current vibe. I like that too.

I didn't see the epi with the gay couple, so I can't comment on that one.
    I still enjoy David and his fun personality. I'm just not liking this show like I did the prior one.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I still like him and hate his staff. He actually had to track them down on the episode I am watching now when they didn't show up for work! I miss the Bay Area staff. The assistant he has now is so disgusting. She has a really negative vibe, like bitching (with a smile, so it is also annoyingly fake) about the amount of paint colors she has to bring to David, as if there is something wrong with his process. Well, he is the boss, and the reason we are watching. I really don't need to hear her say ANYTHING, so it is very irritating when she shoots her arrogant mouth off. It isn't her show! I don't care if she thinks the little intern has "taste," because her opinion is not wanted, and it is perplexing that they are making this garbage a part of the show. I hate how she mugs for the camera, totally opportunistic and egocentric. David needs to put his foot down. Do his own shopping and cut out the extraneous people.

I thought the green glass wall they installed in the gay guys' apartment was cool, although the pillows made the room too busy. David's pet paintings were cool, too.

Sorry I put this in Reality Shows; on further reflection, I think this is a non-reality show.

Oh, I think it's in the right place. I agree with you about his staff. They seem to be very incompetant and David makes no bones talking about all the problems with his staff. I don't want to see it. Fix the problem and show us the wonderful art of creating these rooms. That's all I want. Now, when the show comes on, all I can do is wonder if they are going to ruin the plan because of a screw up with his staff. We don't need that.

Perhaps others are complaining too and they fix the situation.

I checked the HGTV.com website and yes there are lots of complaints about the new show in Miami. Mainly viewers do not like the new crew. They like the SF crew and they don't like the Miami designes nor the way David is acting in Miami. I must admit that I think he has acted a little odd too. What's going on?

There is a link where David says it was his idea to go home to Miami and that he wanted his old crew to come with him, but they had families and could not. That's sad.

Many posters over there believe this will be David's last season with Color Splash. I wonder if David realized how bad things would go by moving to Miami. I hope he doesn't end up without a contract because of this. He is talented.
    Last edited by Debb70; 07-07-2010 at 04:57 PM.

I think they'll finish out the season and then tell him to go back ( or a new location ) or no show. But that is just from what I've been reading. I haven't wanted to watch a show since it switched to Miami. I've never liked the designs I've seen that are Miami-based in other shows, so I haven't wanted a full season of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;3968722;
    Many posters over there believe this will be David's last season with Color Splash. I wonder if David realized how bad things would go by moving to Miami. I hope he doesn't end up without a contract because of this. He is talented.
    In the most recent epi that I saw, (inspiration, Lincoln Road?), they ruined a perfectly beautiful color palette in the "before" room with a lot of purple and orange tchotchkes. And I agree, he is so talented. I am always amazed to watch him paint and wonder how he learned to do all that. If this show tanks, maybe he can be this millennium's painter guy (you know the one, with the "fluffy clouds" on public television?)

I just saw the episode where the assistant was too lazy to go get the end table when he specifically told her how important it was to do it immediately. I don't know why he didn't fire her immediately. I don't think the audience wants to see a "loser" (her own correct assessment of herself) holding onto a job like that when there are so many competent people unemployed!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast