+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Color Splash: Miami

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Re: Color Splash: Miami

Quote Originally Posted by Harvest;4042597;
    I just saw the episode where the assistant was too lazy to go get the end table when he specifically told her how important it was to do it immediately. I don't know why he didn't fire her immediately. I don't think the audience wants to see a "loser" (her own correct assessment of herself) holding onto a job like that when there are so many competent people unemployed!
    Also, I feel like it's a waste of my viewing time to watch screw ups unless there's a lesson to be derived from the mistake (like buying a piece of furniture that's too big to get up the stairs). I want to learn something or enjoy the interactions/collaborations between staff.

I loved Color Splash, but I don't watch the Miami one any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Kip;4043521;
    Also, I feel like it's a waste of my viewing time to watch screw ups unless there's a lesson to be derived from the mistake (like buying a piece of furniture that's too big to get up the stairs). I want to learn something or enjoy the interactions/collaborations between staff.

I loved Color Splash, but I don't watch the Miami one any more.

ITA! I had to stop watching the show. It just did nothing for me. And his assistants just made too many mistakes. If it's true, then it should be edited out. To keep repeating it is ridiculous and annoying to viewers.

I have found a better show called Sarah's House. I lOVE this show. Sarah has a very competent and funny assistant and she buys houses and remodels them, including decor. She is smart, explains her budget, gives great info about tile, wood, appliances and lighting. She gives you so much good information. They then show the end product, one room at a time.

I have seen her work on two different houses. One is a farm house and the other is a modern house. Here's a link:

Sarah's House - HGTV Canada

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

^^ I've only seen a few episodes of Sarah's House but have really enjoyed them...

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4046535;
    ITA! I had to stop watching the show. It just did nothing for me. And his assistants just made too many mistakes. If it's true, then it should be edited out. To keep repeating it is ridiculous and annoying to viewers.

I have found a better show called Sarah's House. I lOVE this show. Sarah has a very competent and funny assistant and she buys houses and remodels them, including decor. She is smart, explains her budget, gives great info about tile, wood, appliances and lighting. She gives you so much good information. They then show the end product, one room at a time.

I have seen her work on two different houses. One is a farm house and the other is a modern house. Here's a link:

Sarah's House - HGTV Canada
    I saw a few shows on the farm house. She did a modern one? I might have to look that one up. I wasn't in love with the show, but did enjoy it the few times I caught it on TV.

I am still watching this, and I still love the "inspiration spaces" they feature, as much as I still dislike his assistants. The last one I saw was the Biltmore - so fantastic!

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

The assistants are growing on me, though I didn't want to like them because I missed his previous crew so much. He really has gone wild and crazy with Miami as his backdrop. He has all kinds of reasons to mix architecture and off-beat color schemes. I find that though I don't want to watch sometimes, I do, if only to see what the outside craftspeople will come up with.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Have they cut back on the mistakes yet? I had even forgotten this was on, and I hardly ever missed when he was in his last location.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12