+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: You're Cut Off!!

Re: You're Cut Off!!

Quote Originally Posted by holly71;3997819;
    I don't know why Courtnee is on this show. They've never shown her acting all "diva" & entitled, they've also never shown her complain about her chores or any of the "lessons", so I'm a bit lost as to why she's there.
    I was thinking the same thing about her as well. I'm glade she finally got the VIP suite.

I wonder if this experience truly changed any of these girls. Unless their parents and spouses hold up their end of the bargain I can honestly see within 6 months they all will revert back in to the bitch diva queens they were to start with.

At least the show seemed to be a success and they are casting for season 2.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Wish they'd done an update on Chrissy ... maybe show her in a fast food uniform asking someone if they "want fries with that."

Note: I worked in a pizza delivery place to get through college and am not in any way mocking the fast food industry or any of it's workers.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fan

I watched the finale last night - first time I saw the show when it first aired! The graduation ceremony felt very contrived. The girls only had to accept the "conditions" in order to graduate. Of course they accepted them. I wonder how long it will be before they test their parent's resolve in setting boundaries.

The scene with Gia and her husband was uncomfortable to watch. It is perfectly reasonable for a parent to set boundaries over how the house is run, chores, or conditions for remaining in the house. A marriage is different though. I can understand telling your spouse/partner boundaries as far as how you want to be treated, but I don't think that there is anyplace for dictating that the wife is supposed to do the housekeeping. The whole "these are my rules" was inappropriate for a partnership. I haven't cared that much for Gia and find her one of the most immature, but after the conversation with her husband I wanted the life coach to say "Gia if you accept his terms I am going to fail you because he is infantilizing you."

I was surprised that the girls had been in the house for only 8 weeks. They didn't seem to have very many challenges for a 2 month period. They must have been bored out of their minds most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Boann;4008922;
    The graduation ceremony felt very contrived. The girls only had to accept the "conditions" in order to graduate. Of course they accepted them. I wonder how long it will be before they test their parent's resolve in setting boundaries.

ITA! Those "conditions" were really lame, too! Most of them were stupid things like "clean up after yourself"...um, a grown woman should already be doing that. Most kids learn that at least by the time they're 5. What were some other stupid ones??...oh yeah ~ "you need to pay your own cell phone bill"..."you have to decide which apartment you want to keep, the one in NY, the one in L.A., or the one in Atlanta"..."you need to pay for your own tanning"...are these folks serious? SO.LAME.

I will not be watching any subsequent seasons. I couldn't stand the "life coach" anyway. She's a hack. She's as bad as Dr. Drew, IMO. Lame, lame, lame!
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

What a let down and a sham of an ending.
    I don't object to the concept of a deity, but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr...purr...purr.

FORT Fogey

Totally agree - SHAM. There are 2 or 3 who should not have graduated - no tanning, really? Gia should be made either to keep the home or go out and get a job, then help pay for child and home care. It is not about the woman vs. man, but sharing in the earning/keeping of their home and family, not just expecting all to be done for her!

I too wanted a Chrissy update - hope they did not just give in to her!

FORT Fogey

Totally agree - SHAM. There are 2 or 3 who should not have graduated - no tanning, really? Gia should be made either to keep the home or go out and get a job, then help pay for child and home care. It is not about the woman vs. man, but sharing in the earning/keeping of their home and family, not just expecting all to be done for her!

I too wanted a Chrissy update - hope they did not just give in to her!

FORT Fan

Hey...one of the girls on this show will be on Dr. Phil tomorrow. The one with the dark hair and the big nose. I saw the preview, which said she bankrupted her family because of irresponsible behavior on the roadways. Yikes!

Quote Originally Posted by channel5lady;4048871;
    Hey...one of the girls on this show will be on Dr. Phil tomorrow. The one with the dark hair and the big nose. I saw the preview, which said she bankrupted her family because of irresponsible behavior on the roadways. Yikes!
    Cool, please post what happens on Dr. P.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread