+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: You're Cut Off!!

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Re: You're Cut Off!!

Quote Originally Posted by mom2;4171798;
    Yep, we're watching. They lost one girl on the first episode already, and I'm hoping they lose Jenn.
    I hope on the final episode, they do a follow-up on the girl who left and let us know if her boyfriend took her back or not. I'm guessing he did, but hoping he didn't.

Jenn is a real piece of work! No redeeming qualities whatsoever. I hope she stays though to see if she makes any progress at all. Last season, I felt the same way about the girl with the baby, and she ended up having some breakthroughs towards the end. Hope this year's girl with the baby has some breakthroughs too - for the child's sake. (This year's diva-with-a-baby's father said, "She doesn't act like a mother; she doesn't even act like a babysitter.")

These girls all think they're so beautiful. I don't think most of them are - and the ones who are, use make up that makes them look old and hard.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Kip;4171958;
    These girls all think they're so beautiful. I don't think most of them are - and the ones who are, use make up that makes them look old and hard.
    YES! I keep thinking that every time I look at Jenn especially. She thinks she looks so hot, but even if she wasn't scowling all the time it's like all the botox froze her face into really hard lines that just are not attractive. I don't really understand botox even for those who are actually old enough to have wrinkles (the Beverly Housewives? They're all starting to look eerily like aliens now) but I really don't get why anyone who is under 40 would get it. It makes anyone under that age look a whole lot older.

The prettiest one of this group in my mind is the girl from Tennessee, partially because she's at least trying and has a much better attitude than most of the others, but also because she seems to use the least makeup. She's much more natural than the rest.

I was watching with a friend and both of us commented at several points about how quickly, and aggressively, angry this season's girls are.

FORT Fanatic

I caught the first episode but could not bring myself to watch it again. What was the big deal about the girl that was coming in? They hyped it on the preview like it was going to be someone significant.

I have to say the funniest part of the first episode was when they said one of the girls didnt belong there and the host jumps out and says who she was like anyone had any clue or cared. She could have been out of costume, wearing a name tag and they wouldnt have known who she was.

FORT Newbie

Did Jenn leave yet?! If not, she needs to, she has a bad attitude and the fact that she thinks she's better than everyone there, makes me dislike her even more.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I say send her to rehab with Charlie Sheen, but send her to the alcohol wing.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica909;4172722;
    Did Jenn leave yet?! If not, she needs to, she has a bad attitude and the fact that she thinks she's better than everyone there, makes me dislike her even more.
    Jenn was kicked out. She was so out of control; other girls were afraid of her.

In the fourth episode, the task was one they did last year - style two outfits for someone shopping at a second-hand store.

One team used some of the money to buy sunglasses and a ski mask for themselves.

Aimee was the VIP. When she was making the shopping list, Hana wanted her to add cigarettes to it. Hana had wanted frozen pizza, coke, and cigarettes. Then she said only cigarettes, that she wouldn't eat anything else. Hana and Aimee got into a big fight about it and Aimee ended up not buying any cigarettes.

They have $175 for groceries for the week for the 7 girls. If every girl got a pack of cigarettes, that's $35 out of the food budget (I'm just guessing on the price of cigarettes). But if they made a general provisions list, and each girl was then allowed to add in one "treat" item for themselves, then Hana should have gotten her cigarettes. Heck, Hana's difficult enough as it is, I would think it would be in the best interest of the rest of the girls to make sure Hana has her nicotine fix.

All the girls were failed this week for cheating on the task and lying about it, and for the cigarette incident. Four girls were on the team that cheated. Aimee was the one that wouldn't buy cigarettes. But I don't see why Laura failed the other two girls.

Maybe it's been edited out, but I find it disturbing that Nadia hasn't mentioned her child once.

Jenn's attitude shows exactly why she was on that show. Nonetheless, she was a danger to people in the show and needed to be thrown out. Her attitude in regard to trying to escape and threatening security with violence (never mind they're pretty big burly guys), showed enough. I was surprised she was not arrested for it (especially when we see other shows such as Snooki on Jersey Shore arrested for much less - even though I don't condone her actions).

This is a show that is pretty hard to follow at times though - I do find it nice though that they do dock them for not doing their chores and the like. Except they have to take into consideration health and safety, I kinda wish they'd make them have to work in order to get their budget for food or if they all fail for cheating on the task and the like, they have to live on peanut butter and jelly or some other plain gross food for a couple of days in order to be thankful that they have a job or work to earn their living.

Some girls this season just really, really needed to be on this season.

Kip

Well, the season's over. All the divas graduated. But what a joke for some of them.

Miss Tennesse (I forget her name) probably didn't belong on the show in the first place. She wasn't anywhere near as spoiled as the rest of them (and has a college degree). As a condition of her coming home, her father said she had 3 months to find a job and start supporting herself. In the follow-up notes, she had a job and was supporting herself.

Most of the parents gave strict terms for coming home. There were two exceptions.

Jessica (of the nine suitcases) was given two conditions: that she help take care of the family dogs and instead of traveling with 9 suitcases weighing up to 70 lbs, she now can only take 5 suitcases weighing 50 pounds.

Then there was Marissa (the 28-year-old who had never spent a day away from her mother until this show). When the life coach asked the mother if she could allow Marissa to move out, the mother just froze. The mother's terms for Marissa coming home were that Marissa make her mother's bed once or twice a week. These two plan to never be apart again. [Calling Dr. Freud...]

In the follow-up notes, several of the girls had moved into their own places; it was less clear to me if any (other than Miss Tenn. had jobs). Aimee had crashed her 9th car, but this time her mother wasn't paying for it. Hana wants to go into business for herself. Marcy was living in her own apartment and had been shocked to find out utilities weren't included. The girl with a daughter hadn't gone out at all for the first month she was home so she could spend time with her daughter.

I didn't like this season anywhere near as much as last - these girls didn't seem to change as much as the ones last year did.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Marissa and her mother have a sick co-dependency. Very twisted. Her mother is mental, and Marissa is milking that for all it is worth.

Marcy and Miss Tennessee are going to be just fine.

With these girls, the parents are as much a problem as their daughters are. They raised these people this way. They created these monsters. Wonder what "Crazy" (the one who got kicked out) is doing these days. These girls didn't get this way on their own.

It's got to be a pain in the arse to work so hard, creating all of this chaos, only to live to moan and complain about it, and to have to undo all of the bad you have done.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I thought it was funny that one girl said she hopes to not have a flat tire anytime soon, as I think one of the conditions was that her parents wouldn't buy her tires.

That said, it's a shame that a lot of them didn't learn from their experience there - though I am hopeful for the few that are trying.

The mom/daughter ones? - I love my parents, but seriously?, this is nearly an Oedipus complex - well, I know not literally (as daughter would have to kill dad and a couple of other issues), but it just have those vibes. Very creepy.

+ Reply to Thread