+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Top Shot

Re: Top Shot

When are we going to get rid of that meathead with the click bandanas?

^ lol My Dad and I were saying the same thing! I guess he deserves some props for making it through but not liking the way he talks about other people looking really bad. I still like pretty much everyone on the red team, probably Terry and Augie the most from blue. Like the exotic weapons but next week looks kinda over the top!

I'm wondering how in the world Gee/Jee wasn't nominated, since he admittedly set the scene for the whole competition. He massively failed at swinging over there, putting them behind from the start.

The look on Kyle and Gary's (?) faces when they were benched by the blue team was fun to see. Duh, don't let the other team know who's good with what weapon.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

I think Gee/Jee would have been nominated if only one person hadn't missed their shot. But the two people who missed, missed multiple times...and this is when the Blue Team caught up. This was one of those cases where the Red Team lost (not the Blue Team won)...had both of those guys made their first shots, the Red Team would have won.

^ That's all I could think, is that they went with who made their shots, leaving the "obstacle" portion aside.

This week...wow, was sorry to see the results and wondered the whole time how much was accuracy and how much was luck. And very sorry to see ego play such a big part in nominations. I know it's late in the week but I'm just watching now (and haven't seen who escapes elimination) and don't want to spoil.

I love this show - mostly because of the skills involved during the challenges. It's very cut and dried who's the winning team. Not liking the drama this week between Tim and Chris. Unless major editing was involved, I think Tim wayyy overreacted. A little disgruntlement about the way Chris handled his assessment - OK, but Tim seemed to go completely overboard. I think the right guy went home.

And WHEN can we get rid of the mess aka Greg? Seeing a grown man so self-deluded and acting like an 8 year girl (sorry, I think I just insulted all girls there! LOL) with his bandanas and cliques ad nauseum... give me a break! I'm embarassed for his team....
    mom2 and Florimel like this.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

Oh, loving that Terry whipped the blue team into shape at last!
    Dylan's a hoot and they all have great skills except you know who (and if he does, he hasn't shown it).

I think the next time blue is up for elimination, Greg is gone.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

^ Yes, I really like Terry's attitude and I guess I'd want to see him and Augie and maybe William advance. I mentioned before but have now confirmed that one of our officers went to academy with Greg and he makes him sound like a really great guy. And he is as big/tall as looks on there - even the instructor was laughing about his name vs. his size.

I was also disappointed to see how Tim handled Chris's assessment - seems like the team agreed everything would be performance-based. Maybe it would have been better to have everyone chime in for each person, instead of Chris calling everyone out, although it was accurate and objective. Worst thing to me was, Tim was kinda the underdog the last elimination challenge and he rose up to it quite well - was very conscious of moving right, etc. This time, not sure if it's because he'd "played" with that atalatl thing before, he got kinda cocky?

In any event, I'm glad Chris is still in it, and wow, some really great weapons!

Loved the atlatl challenge...and now I have a new word for Scrabble/Words with Friends ;-).

We were surprised too at how Tim responded to Chris, and we were really surprised to see Chris in the final challenge (we really thought it should have been Qi/Chee/sorry, I will learn his name). But Chris really stepped up...go, geeks!

I think the show needs to modify the rules a bit so that one person cannot sit out too many challenges. It makes it easy for the opposing team to "gang up" on a strong competitor (Chee) and bench him/her. I think Chee's sat out 2, but other's haven't sat out any.

This would make for great strategy-based decision making (be careful who you bench, you can only choose them once!).

TG- agree! atlatl is now on my radar for Scrabble, Boggle, Upwords, etc, etc!!!
    Florimel likes this.

+ Reply to Thread