+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Top Shot

Re: Top Shot

I just watched After the Final Rose.... I mean Final Shot. Didn't realize there was a thread here for this until just now! Great season, I was kind of rooting for Michael because he looks amazingly like Christopher Reeves, but F2 was great for him. I like the guy who won too.

I didn't realize that Jake, after all his over-the-top antics, just left on his own. How dumb.

Also: I wish girls made it further on this show!

I still wish they'd bring back Season 1 Tara, who had to leave because of her father's failing health. Let her and Billy Season 2 come back since they didn't lose, it was a true family emergency.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

We watched the finale and the last episode this weekend. I was amazed that not only is Jake married, but he has a child. I don't think they were anywhere near strong enough in criticizing him.

Anyone watching the new season? I liked the way they started, and how they divvied up the teams. When I first looked over the contestants on the website, I was a little bummed that apparently women not only have to be able to shoot, they must look like models, as well. Decided that I don't care what they look like if they can shoot and while I didn't see much of the "MP/Border Patrol" gal, I was super-impressed with the Venezuelan Olympic shooter! I think what really threw me off on the other was the very first voiceover of her, she talked about being "more than a pretty face," and how people would underestimate her just looking at her. Eh...keep shooting well and it's fine with me. Felt really bad for the first people eliminated, overall liked the opening show. Curious if they can keep it exciting or will it be a recycling of the same challenges, just different weapons? (Like using a motorcycle instead of a covered wagon, HumVee, etc. for a ride-n-shoot challenge.)

We're watching it :-) I liked how they made the teams this year, too...shoot for position and then the odd numbers were one team and the even numbers were the other.

I figure some challenges have to be recycled, just because there are only so many things they can do. What's interesting is how they recycle...that one guy was so bummed that he wasn't targeted for elimination because he wanted to ride in the sidecar!

I hope they keep the method of picking teams ... that was fair.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Grenade launchers? How cool was that. Both of the women this year may be around for a while. That'll be nice for a change.
    mom2 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    Grenade launchers? How cool was that. Both of the women this year may be around for a while. That'll be nice for a change.
    Ha, that was pretty great! I have to watch online, so just catching up and was nice to see the women make their shots. So far, there is no one I am finding too obnoxious/egotistical, a couple are a little much but okay. I did think it was kind of ironic that Greg (? the one in eleimination the first week) talked so much about taking out their weakest link...um, well, you were the 2nd weakest? But he may turn out to make up for it.

My dad did make one observation on the initial challenge to stay in the game: rifles like the M-14, you really need to take a little time sighting them in. One shot on a rifle you've never fired is pretty hit or miss, so he wished they had given them a first shot that they could try to adjust a bit for the shot that counted.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

I'll be darned! I didn't think anyone on this message board would be watching this show so I didn't even look for it. Love this season so far. Sad Michelle left last night. I liked her little burgeoning showmance with Dylan. (plus, she's as cute as a button)

So far, I'm Team Red!
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Ugh...I'm always a few days behind, have to watch online. No shame for Michelle - she was shooting so well, and had picked up that rhythm quickly in the practice. I know I have a lot of trouble with the shotguns, we always do it at the end of the day and I'm so tired! And no matter how much you work out, sure seems like some different muscle group that never gets used! She is SO young, there may be a contract for her in the future.

Other random thoughts...so much respect for Terry, stepping up and saying, hey, I didn't perform, put me up. As for Greg...I didn't care for the voiceovers they were giving him from the first episode and wow. The whole "I can't vote for my friends" thing...but then, he voted for one of his friends. Who was already guaranteed to be in the elimination challenge. Did it occur to him if he voted for Colin, he might have been the one to go up against Terry? Oof. Ironically, I just heard yesterday that one of our officers knew him, at academy or another class at FLETC. I don't know...red team seems to "get it," that they can respect each other and be okay with performance-based elimination. Blue team, such as Greg trying to hang with the "young" kids...next week looks interesting.

Btw when Chris visited the house after the red team victory, where was Gaby?! I didn't see her and she sure performed well, even with the clay targets that she initially had trouble with! I would love to see her take the whole thing!

+ Reply to Thread